Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Just an Idea but...

Go down 
+3
Spl. Durkee
DrummerBoyz95
alexkmmll
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

Just an Idea but... Empty
PostSubject: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Just an Idea but im thinking about making a BAR. It shouldnt be too hard, for hand making an airsoft gun that is. Ok heres the plan. Use an M-14s gearbox (sells on ASGI for $60), a new hop up system, maybe make the gun compatible with the VFC mags, buy a TTB for it (not sure what length though), and then make the rest out of some fairly thick metal and use cherry wood for the foregrip and stock. Again just an Idea. By the way, is there anyway to lower an airsoft guns ROF, to try and recreate the BARs relitively slow rate of fire.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:20 pm

You could use 1/5 charged batteries and bring 35 of them jocolor
But most guns aren't anywhere near the real version's ROF, except maybe the Echo1 minigun.

Now, all in seriousness..
This seems like a pretty sweet idea but you do realize that you'll have to stamp out the metal parts yourself right? You'd also have to cut/shape/polish the stock and handguard yourself or with your dad or something. So if you really wanna do this, get some more experience with customizing guns, save up your money, plan out the construction, and BUILD A BEAUTIFUL BAR!!!! I'd love to see a hand(or machine)-constructed BAR.

Good luck, friend.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Im very good with woodwork and plan on just using a simple, oh what are those called, almost a use anywhere saw, on the sheet metal and then figure out how to put it all togeather, again, this may be done over the summer and into the winter and really, most M14 parts look like theyd look great, but its the bodies large awkward shape thats got me beat. Is there any resin or apoxie (how ever you spell those) for metal by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:57 pm

alexkmmll wrote:
Im very good with woodwork and plan on just using a simple, oh what are those called, almost a use anywhere saw, on the sheet metal and then figure out how to put it all togeather, again, this may be done over the summer and into the winter and really, most M14 parts look like theyd look great, but its the bodies large awkward shape thats got me beat. Is there any resin or apoxie (how ever you spell those) for metal by any chance?
If I were you, I'd start looking for 1:1 replicas...be it a non-firing dummy gun or blank-firing reenactor piece...then gut it to accomidate your AS internals. Now, the BAR is generally a rare find in whole form...but you can find body/stock kits through surplus stores and weapons collectors. Just don't expect it to be cheap/eesy. Theres a reason for the 1000+ price tag on airsoft BARs

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:59 pm

yes, that sounds like a good Idea, but it may require taking it apart and boring out some of the internals, do you know anywhere where I can find something like that?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:03 pm

alexkmmll wrote:
yes, that sounds like a good Idea, but it may require taking it apart and boring out some of the internals, do you know anywhere where I can find something like that?
Off the top of my head, no...but give me an hour and I'll jump on the computer to take a look. Your dad's into reenactment and weapon restoration isn't he? May want to recruit him for this project.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:07 pm

yes, but all the blank firing guns are very very expensive, definately not in my price range, do you think I could find a VFC BAR in a graveyard and gut what doesnt work and grab what does? Then its a simple matter of finding the new parts, Im guessing it uses a gearbox from an M-14, what Version is that?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:14 pm

alexkmmll wrote:
yes, but all the blank firing guns are very very expensive, definately not in my price range, do you think I could find a VFC BAR in a graveyard and gut what doesnt work and grab what does? Then its a simple matter of finding the new parts, Im guessing it uses a gearbox from an M-14, what Version is that?
As far as boneyards go, good luck...every other custom builder with BARs on their mind is looking for the exact same thing Smile
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 pm

yeah, in fact the only thing I can find when I google BAR, or BAR Body, is of course, Bars, and Body Bars, what ever those are?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Heres a little retailer of BAR parts and paraphernalia. Good prices on individual parts.

http://www.bmgparts.com/bar.html

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:37 pm

I don't know, they look pretty expensive to me, is that the only place you can find?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:41 pm

alexkmmll wrote:
I don't know, they look pretty expensive to me, is that the only place you can find?

Honestly the best place for prices are gun shows. I've seen reproduction BAR kits for less than $500.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 pm

yeah, I guess, oh well Ill keep my eyes open.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:51 am

sheet metal is very heavy just hoping you know, as for it, the m14's design was most baised around the bar, as for everything else has been said also don't worry about ROF it's going to be a pain
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:04 am

lonesniper24 wrote:
the m14's design was most baised around the bar, as for everything else has been said also don't worry about ROF it's going to be a pain
Erm, thats kinda stretching it.

The BAR is a designated automatic rifle...the M14 is designated as a battle rifle.
The Browning Automatic was designed by John Browning...the .30-06 M14 was brought to life by Lloyd Corbett (Nearly 30 years later).

The M14 being "baised around the bar" is incorrect. The M14 was developed from a long line of experimental weapons based upon the M1 Garand.

Come on mate, if you're going to post...please use grammar and spelling properly. Punctuate. Capitalize. Make it look less half-assed Smile
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:08 am

Lonesniper, I beg to differ but the M-14 was in almost no way based on the bar. Can i say m1 garande? Now some features in some models are similiar, like the automatic firing and the weight, hehe. But not very similiar.

Is that better for ya Durkee?!>

Last edited by JARHEAD on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:12 am

JARHEAD wrote:
lonesniper, i beg to differ but the m14 was in almost no way based on the bar. can i say m1 garande? now some features in some models are similiar, like the automatic firing and the weight, hehe. but not very similiar.

lonesniper24 wrote:
sheet metal is very heavy just hoping you know, as for it, the m14's design was most baised around the bar, as for everything else has been said also don't worry about ROF it's going to be a pain

Grrr! People. Come on!

http://www.airsoftallies.com/general-airsoft-discussion-f3/new-punctuation-grammar-spelling-policy-t342.htm
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:17 am

To answer the barrel length question you'll need a 610mm barrel.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:34 am

Question: Magazine?

I suggest modifying to use FAL magazines.
They look exactly like BAR's stanmags.

As for ROF...don't even worry about trying to make it "realistic". Half the airsofters out there are running M4's and AK's with 25+ RPS Razz
Nobody's going to jump all over you if your replica is shooting fast.

According to FRONTIERS (A regular on ArniesAirsoft), there is a Chinese manufacturer designing a 1918...due to be completed in late March. The claim has been supported by a few other sources...but I'm assuming they're planning to manufacture outside of China.

Overwhelmed? Start saving Razz

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:45 am

haha, actually the VFC BAR sells for $1200 on ASGI, not $2175.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Try searching "browning automatic rifle" instead of "BAR".
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Just an Idea but... M14-Bar
Here, Just do a few mods, paint the gun black, get a simple wood grip, change the trigger assembly a little do some mods
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea but...   Just an Idea but... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just an Idea but...
Page 1 of 1