Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project)

Go down 
+3
DrummerBoyz95
Jarhead999 76 65
Spl. Durkee
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project)   Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:42 am

May I ask what the UAV project is? Im sorry for not staying on topic, but this sounds interesting, and I cannot find a thread about it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project)   Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:15 pm

SnoSnipe wrote:
May I ask what the UAV project is? Im sorry for not staying on topic, but this sounds interesting, and I cannot find a thread about it anywhere.

Of course!

I'm currently working on a squad-portable (Tier 1) airborn ROV for mil-sim airsoft/paintball and Civil Air Patrol SAR (search and rescue) applications...loosly modeled after the miliary's Raven RQ-2. Features an airframe based on the Multiplex EZ-Star, live-feed video systems, and planning on getting a GPS system and thermopiles in there to work alongside Arduino (autopilot board and software) to make the vehicle capable of autonomous flight.

Estimated cost: $600.
Estimated time of completion: July 2010

I've got a prototype (airframe, recording cameras, piloted) in the air on 3 occasions, but have halted the build until I can get my hands on some more cash...which is where his thread comes into it Very Happy Unfortunately most of the $$$ from these items are going towards hockey fees and some new backpacking gear...so I'm expecting this project to take a bit longer than I estimated.

http://www.airsoftallies.com/the-lounge-f42/update-luav-project-t3807.htm?highlight=update
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project)   Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Reported
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project)   Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning house - Getting Rid of the Unused Gear (Financing UAV Project)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2