Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Hand Signals or Radios

Go down 
+15
Spl. Durkee
madwolf24
HoboBob
SpotterSmith
Gridlock
Sniper004
slob212
Jman
TheJim
.25 Gram Sniper
M14 double-taps
DOA Draven
speedloader1
Alabama_Sniper
March_ARB
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you prefer hand signals or a radio?
Hand Signal
Hand Signals or Radios Vote_lcap47%Hand Signals or Radios Vote_rcap
 47% [ 22 ]
Radio
Hand Signals or Radios Vote_lcap53%Hand Signals or Radios Vote_rcap
 53% [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 47

AuthorMessage
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

Hand Signals or Radios Empty
PostSubject: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 8:20 am

Just wanting to get everyones opinoin on the subject
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:40 am

Radio I would get a hand signal mixed up and think my spotter was telling me to go jump off of a cliff instead of target sited then again he may want me to go jump off of a cliff instead of securing a target .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
speedloader1
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 1:10 am

I picked radio cause in my opinion you can pass more intel with a radio like it would be a long hand signal to say "there are 3 enemeys to the left of the fort and it looks like one of them is a sniper"
Back to top Go down
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:51 am

I find that there is a time and place for both.

Hand Signals, I mainly use these when stealth is important, or my team is in close contact with the enemy, where even a whisper on the throat mic might be heard. Although limited, you can convey enough information to be useful, such as direction, distance, number, good or bad guys or unknown, direction and speed of movement if any, where they were seen or heard, plus the usual hand signals, like follow me, on me, RV point etc...

Radios, I mainly use mine when having to communicate over greater distances, and when stealth is less important. Ideal for getting together again after a spell in the dead zone. Or reporting back observations to the Boss. My team have finger mounted PTT switches, therefore no movement is required to talk, nor does the hand leave the weapon, and we have a series of 'click' signals that we use, rather than talk, when things get really close.

So in summary, I like to use both, and have no preference.
Back to top Go down
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:00 am

Personally i would use hand signals between me and my spotter, but if i was trying to get out some intel i would use a radio. Me and my spotter are usually pretty close were not farther then wispering distances.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 6:57 pm

I personally like hand signals better. If you can communicate whatever you need to To your team/squad with hand-signals, it means that you guys are probably a pretty close team, and really work well together. Hand signals really can express anything, If you aren't completely ignorant or dumb. Not to mention you can use Hand signals in any situation. Radios aren't always the best, about 25-50 percent of the time Its not smart to use them. (Ex: prepping for an ambush, recon, scoutting, etc) I think hand signals are much better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:37 pm

I like hand signals better but the only problem is that some people don't understand you when you give them the signs. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:50 pm

Since I often adopt a role of spotting for my team (out on my own, reporting enemy movements) hand signals are a very bad idea. In fact ANY movement is a bad idea when I'm watching my enemy's movements and reporting them back on comms.

However, when moving with a squad or my spotter, or spotting for someone else, Hand signals tend to be more useful because they can communicate simple, essential information very quickly and quietly.
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:53 pm

That is very true TheJim.
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:10 pm

i agree with DOA Draven if i am close you my team hand but if it is between me and my team on opisit sides of the fort i would with a radio
you clould also use light signals but those are way more complicated
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:05 am

Quote :
you clould also use light signals but those are way more complicated

Not to mention that they give away your position! Shocked
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:15 am

Sorry, I didn´t Vote,

I think that both are needed, there are occasions when it is not possible, or better to say not tacticly efficient to be chatting on the radio, the same goes for using hand signals.

The biggest advantage of radios for players that know how to use them, is it allows you to keep an overall picture of the battle in your head, for snipers it is a constant update as to what is going on around you.

If you have played large games you have experianced how quick the Net can get overloaded with alot of useless chit chat, personaly I can't stand when it happens and I end up turning my radio off and use nothing but hand signals.
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:47 am

i like hand signals cheap silent and effective when close together but rely its a hard to choose cuz we need raios for long range communications
Back to top Go down
Gridlock
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Really depends on your role.As scout or ambush sniper,A nice radio with a throat mic works wonders.If your playing like the floating point man,Id say hand signals.But really,the throat mic I prefer over all simply because your not required to break target accusition(sp) to signal anything,and there is always that chance your being stalked if the other team knows you have a active sniper.A simple hand signal is all it takes to blow your cover.I know they have finger activated headsets as well,but Ive had alot of issues using them myself.

forgot to add:If your playing with a quality radio/headset with throatmic capabilities.It doesnt matter if you whisper or scream,you will still be heard and understood clearly.It picks up vibrations rather than audible sound so the radio translation is nearly always clear.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:34 pm

With a throat mic you can actually just mouth the words while breathing out very slightly and it will still pick them up.

Jim
Back to top Go down
SpotterSmith
Private
Private
SpotterSmith

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:09 pm

I must say hand Signals...Whenever i play at a site...Specifically a fort...the games starts quiet....if you go in with radios blasting out signals it isn't very covert. Not to mention...you might be shooting someone who doesnt know your their and u get a message from a friend that isn't relevent to the situation at hand...

I can easily set up a set of signals with my Sniper or he can tell me signals...i will almost perfectly follow instructions of signals...their are even signals to disagree with a command. As long as you set up your signals or use official ones before a game...Signals are almost always better.

And i think everyone knows a few basic ones such as "hold" "Get down" "prone" and "take target out"

my signals for my games with my sniper include

"follow"
"hold"
"prone"
"Cease Fire"
"engage"
"rush"
"No"
"yes"
"ambush"
"flank: left: right"
"take target out quietly" (or any way possible depending on if hand moves up at end of motion or down)
"time to move"
"Enemy spotted: north south east west"
"Friendlies at Six"
"We are engaging friendlies"

I remebered all of em Smile
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:59 pm

I like them both. A lot of the time I use hand signals though since im to lazy to charge my radios haha. Also its dead even 50-50 =].
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
madwolf24
Private
Private
madwolf24

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:46 pm

I chose Hand signals cause they are deinatly more cooler than radio, but radios are obviously more expensive, but if you're on a budget. Hand signals are free Smile
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:25 am

I'm more likely to deploy radio during fighting than anything else (Have hand/station radio license). I like it because it offers communication in non-line-of-sight situations, where hand signals would be useless. Radios are more controlled and stealthful. In a situation that requires stealth, movements required for successful deployment of hand signals would stick out like a sore thumb to even the most un-observant enemy fighter.
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Radios it easyer to get your point across and its also a good way to tell your squad where you are so you can aviod friendly fire. Although sometimes hand signals are a must like when your snipping and when your sneaking/trying to be steathy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Hand signals don't cost anything! and they can't run out of batteries but! radios are fun as "heck"
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:05 am

Tank wrote:
Hand signals don't cost anything! and they can't run out of batteries but! radios are fun as "heck"

haha very true
I like to use hand signals when sneaking in. Radios can be loud at the worst times possible
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:42 am

Not if you use earpiece.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:44 am

that is true. Hmm i didn't think of that.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:49 am

And most radios have morse beep capability so when you are in a stealth situation you don't have to talk if you don't want to. you can just do beeps hahah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand Signals or Radios   Hand Signals or Radios Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hand Signals or Radios
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next