Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

All the way from England

Go down 
+3
Alabama_Sniper
Bigboyee1992
DOA Draven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

All the way from England Empty
PostSubject: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi, I'm Jon from the UK, a member of Bravo Company - Sniper Platoon.

I'm 45, so getting on a bit now, been airsofting for the last 6-7 years, and an airsoft sniper for 5-6 years. I started off as the run of the mill player until I joined Bravo Company, and teamed up with CMB [once a real steel sniper] whom suggested we formed a sniper team. Since then I have never looked back, and found my true vocation in airsoft. Now our little group numbers up to 8 snipers within Bravo Company.

I'm what is classed as a mech sniper, as I use an AEG over a bolt action, mainly to add support to the BA team members. I'm very much into the Field Carft, and have made 8 ghillies to date, and several gun rags, including two AEG gun rags that are specalised [specailized - US] in silencing an AEG [worked very well].

I stumbled upon this forum by chance, and since I also have a keen interest in airsoft sniping, thought that I might add my voice here and there, as long as I remain welcome Very Happy

Well that's a brief introduction......

All the way from England Dscn1968
A grassland syle ghillie I use. [actually holding a ghillied DSLR camera, I also like photography]

All the way from England G36CGhillieMk210
Ghillied G36C that I use, a silence gun rag, rather new when photo'd, needs weathering. Nothing on the gun is obstructed, and the rag can be removed within 1 minute.
Back to top Go down
Bigboyee1992
Private
Private
Bigboyee1992

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi welcome to the fourm we will allways welcome you to the fourm Very Happy
Tell us about some og the guns you own.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/crazypaintballer92
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 5:42 pm

Thanks...

Current list is as follows;

TM G36C x 2 328fps, silenced to the extreme, ghillied
TM G36C SL9, currently unused future project
MZ APS2 SV 500fps, silenced and ghillied
TM Glock 17 GBB, as side arm
TM MP7A1, for fun and becuase it's kinda cute Smile
Mossi Molds 165bb launcher for G36C for those whom step too close.
TM M92F x2, given these for services rendered.

That's all for now.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Wow what a list . That ghillie looks like the real thing . I would walk on top of you if I didn't get shot first .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:56 am

The ghillie is a grassland design, and blends in well, insite that in in dead ground.

Since this is the introductions thread, I'll at some stage later post some photos of the other ghillie style, and gun rags, that my team use over here on our little old Island, in the appropiate area.

Alabama_Sniper - Thank you for your kind comments, and my collection of guns, is very small compared to some. Smile But I have been using my TM G36C for six years now, and it has yet to miss a beat.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 1:11 pm

Don't mention it , welcome to the forums we are glad to have you , and will be even happier ifyou were to share your knowledge with some of us .
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 1:36 pm

Dude, H&K design ftw...

Great job with the ghillis and welcome as A_S said.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 3:35 pm

I've alwayse been confused by airsoft laws in the UK. Here's a quick question for he, why are the art FPS limits so low and the bolt limits so high?

Thanks and I'm really glad to have you on the boards!

sticks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 4:45 pm

Probally because rapid firing bbs at high fps will do more damage then a one shot pause one shot pause and then one shot .
Back to top Go down
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:22 pm

sticks.13 - our wierd UK laws? Well that's just because the English are a strang bunch, hence we all live on a little island away from everyone else, it's for your safety you know! Very Happy

I cannot really answer you on that question, most site allow full AEGs to 328-345 fps, semin auto AEG to about 400 fps, and BA at 400-500 fps. It varies from site to site, and manly controled by site insurance. Plus there is a thing about guns in the UK, they are not liked, replicas included, we are very stuck in our ways.

I think these are just the limits we have grown used to, it varies from country to country, and I have no idea what they are in the Good Old US of A?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:34 pm

in ohio (north est part of the US) the list is set by MED's.
0-350 no MED (all weapons)
351-400 25ft MED (all weapons)
401-450 50ft Semi auto/bolt action only
451-500 70ft MED bolt action only
500+ 100ft MED bolt action only

Oh and sorry if i was confusing. ive heard alot of stuff about the UK gun ban laws and i didn't know if parliament regulated the FPS a replica can shoot or if it was for different reasons that you stated.

thanks for clearing that up for me

sticks
Back to top Go down
Bigboyee1992
Private
Private
Bigboyee1992

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:00 pm

Man thats a list of guns very nice Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/crazypaintballer92
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:04 pm

USA, is more lenient with replica laws. But i fear not for long if other people keep misusing airsoft guns.
Back to top Go down
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:54 am

sticks 13 - there is a general MED rule in the UK too, differs from site to site, but most genuine snipes stick to 30m for a 500 fps weapon.

The Laws in the Uk regarding RIFs [Replica Imitation Firearms] is highly confused at the moment, there is a membership scheme run by UKARA where by you have to be a regular at a registered skirmish site, and only if a you are a member, can you buy a gun from a UK based store. You can buy parts from where ever, or so I understand. But there also seems to be loop holes in the regulations. After 7 years of playing, it leaves me confussed to say the least.

I just rely on common sense, but sadly there are always those whom mis-use airsoft weapons, and thereby give use a bad reputation in the eyes of the Law and Public.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:14 am

Welcome to the forum DOA Draven. I would have responded earlier if I hadn't been at an airsoft event here in Ohio this weekend. It's great to have such an experienced member here on the forum. If you ever have any questions or problems don't hesitate to contact me.

How is it you came about finding the forum?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Admin, thanks for the welcome, I hope that while I'm here I can contribute what little information and knowledge I have. It is also interesting to see and hear what airsofters are doing around the world, and where better to start, than my neighbours across the Atlantic?

I found your forums by chance really, I was just doing some randon searching on snipers etc in Google, and came across a site 'airsoftsniper.com' and found a link to this forum. I then remained as a guest for a while, reading the posts, to get a feel for the site, and after seeing that it aiming to be a 'professional' forum, if you understand what I mean, very much like a UK forum that I'm an active member of, I decided that I would join the ranks.

So here I am Smile
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 5:37 pm

I just typed airsoft forum in google and got Airsoft Forum 2.0

i have however seen links that refer back to TASS.com on several occasions related with deep tactical information. This website is a great source of ideas.

Im more of a "AEG" person, and not a morning person...I cannot wake up at 05:30 and hike 15-20 miles (something like 18 km i beleive) to get to a sniping vantage point. Instead, im taking the choppa...lol...GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:47 pm

First off, welcome to the forums... although I must say that is seems more of a benefit for us to have you here. You seem to be quite the dedicated player and whether you would admit it or not, very knowledgeable and experienced. Great to have you aboard.

I am interested in how you have silenced your AEGs. I have read several articles stating that the Systema silent piston heads change the noise, but do very little to reduce the overall volume produced. If you would not mind could you give a brief run down on how to silence an AEG!?! It would be a very nice addition to the forums so I would even vote for you to make your own topic!

I look forward to your stay here.

-Roamer
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:06 pm

My spotter could hear a topic on silencing aegs because his S.A.W. will raise the dead .
Back to top Go down
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:57 am

Roamer - I'd be happy to post such an article, you maybe suprised how it was done, maybe not, but it was a solution to the problem. The idea may not appeal to those dedicated airsoft snipers whom emulate real steel snipers. Anyhows I'll post something in due course.

I fitted a silent head onto my G36C and recorded a 1dB drop in sound at 1m from the muzzel, not what I would call value for money, vertainly when in this configuration. I have heard of better results on other weapons, so it's the usual 'suck it and see'.

I have never considered trying to silence a S.A.W, now there's a challenge Shocked

I am a dedicated player, that there is no doubt of, the rest is open to speculation Smile I always tell my team, "It's not the regular airsoft player that will catch you out, it's the neewbie [beginner] as they will do the unexpected, and win".
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:46 pm

Yep very true, like roll while doing somekind of peel retreat maneuver.
Im standing there
WT*!?!?!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:41 pm

Nice DOA, can't wait to hear about it. Yeah, I was going to invest in a silent piston head along with a friend, but after reading a couple of reviews I decided that it would be money better spent somewhere else.
As for the SAW that raises the dead lol, I think Ace and Admin would say the same thing about my M4 Patriot. Ace said that the first time I shot it during an event Admin jumped because it caught him off guard. lol

-Roamer
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:51 pm

I heard about silencing a high ROF AEG before. But im not really sure how. Right now the person whom i would ask is competing in a video game contest for money. Money that could buy me a new systema...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All the way from England   All the way from England Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All the way from England
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: