Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Front sight help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Front sight help Empty
PostSubject: Front sight help   Front sight help Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:31 am

I finally got my G&G GR-16A2 with M203 and VN handgaurd... yesterday... wow it's late. Anyway, the front sight is crooked. The left post is centered, but I'm pretty sure the center one should be centered. How do I make this happen? The parts came preinstalled and I have no experience with AR style airsoft guns.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Front sight help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front sight help   Front sight help Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Sounds like your outer barrel is twisted.
1: Take off handguards
2: Remove Delta ring
3: unscrew set screws where delta rung used to be, there should be 2-3 on top and bottom.
4: twist barrel to correct position
5: repeat above backwards.

Good luck, just ask if you need more info.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Front sight help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front sight help   Front sight help Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm good up till step 3. I don't see any such screws. Right now I've got delta ring parts sliding around on the barrel and I removed the upper receiver to get a better look.

Edit: here's a picture of the only possible indication of any fastening device. There's a round metal pin in a slightly larger rectangular hole in the top of the upper receiver right behind the outer barrel. There's not much I can do to it though. I can't pull it out and I can't pound it in. Of course I removed the inner barrel before trying. I tried using brute force to pull and/or twist the barrel off, but something (I'm guessing this pin) is holding it on.
Front sight help Photo_10

Last edited by Omega Lambda on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Front sight help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front sight help   Front sight help Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Purposeful double post: I was able to twist the outer barrel to the correct position. No idea what that pin was all about, but the outer barrel and upper receiver are a very tight fit and very stiff, but can be twisted by hand. Thanks for giving me some direction sticks. Now I just have to put it back together and adjust the sights and hop. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Front sight help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front sight help   Front sight help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front sight help
Page 1 of 1