Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

A Lipo Ready JG?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

A Lipo Ready JG? Empty
PostSubject: A Lipo Ready JG?   A Lipo Ready JG? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Just wondering if anybody has used this yet. It's a M4A1 that is supposedly Lipo Ready...if it were KWA I'd believe it but it's JG. I would normally avoid JG but if it can handle a Lipo and is only $140 it might be worth it.

Lipo Ready JG M4A1
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

A Lipo Ready JG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lipo Ready JG?   A Lipo Ready JG? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Well from what i read Evike has upgraded it themselves so it's probably not a stock JG. So what i'd bring into question is how reliable is Evike and their work in making these guns "Li-Po ready". Evike also has a $140 JG M4 claiming to be preupgraded and Li-Po ready.

Honestly i wouldn't trust it or anything else JG and Evike gets their hands on.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

A Lipo Ready JG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lipo Ready JG?   A Lipo Ready JG? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:45 pm

I felt the same thing. I can vouch for Evike's custom work, but it's the JG components that i don't trust.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

A Lipo Ready JG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lipo Ready JG?   A Lipo Ready JG? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Protip, every AEG is technically "li-po ready" theres nothing special in KWA's or JG's or CA's guns that make them li-po ready. Because technically they could all run on a 7.4 li-po on semi auto only. Any stock AEG MPEG or higher can do that. Things that you really need for a 11.1V "li-po ready" gun.
-li-po capable MOSFET
-High gauge/low resistance wiring
-Torque gears
-Reliable piston
-New bearings
-Bearing spring guide
-GOOD SHIM JOB!

So basically you have tho throw that JG away and start with a different gun... Very Happy

Also Evike is a false advertiser...
"JG is the primary OEM manufacturer for Echo 1 and many say it is probably the OEM manufacturer for Tokyo Marui as well."
-WTF?!?! Who said that? Anyone who has taken a JG and TM apart can immediately tell the difference. JG/Echo 1? Yeah that could be true, same OEM.... But JG is not the OEM...

"An updated version of the venerable M16 service rifle, the M4 is based off its predecessor's proven design."
-No... Just no.... Its an updated Colt Commando... If we wanted to stretch it like that. More like a totally re-designed carbine that doesn't use M16 parts...

"including the U.S. Delta Force, U.S. Navy Seals, and the U.S. Marine Corps."

-Somewhat true. Sure at some point in time, also "delta force" is called CAG guys. Now they are just throwing names around. Also sense when has the USMC been a SOF division as a whole? They have MARSOC which is pretty recent(2004 IIRC), before that they had SOF CAPABLE units, such as Force Recon.

"The gear box and everything is identical and the performance definitely make this AEG well worth the money."

-This one makes me rage the most. The hanguards are thinner, the plastic bodies are made of pot metal, the stocks seem more "plasticy", the internals are totally different! Main points on the gearbox thing being, TM has better materials, especially their pistons, wiring, and shimming(which is notoriously bad in JG/Echo 1's).

Excuse the little off topic parts, but I just wanted to rage about Evike for a second. My best advice would be to drop another $50 more than this and get a CA 2009 version(best yet, IMO better than my upgraded TM, and the KWA's I have shot/seen), a KWA or stock TM.... You will not be disappointed.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Lipo Ready JG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lipo Ready JG?   A Lipo Ready JG? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Lipo Ready JG?
Page 1 of 1