Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

To shield or no to shield

Go down 
+7
mgunner564
iliveforthis99
sniper_32
Omega Lambda
lonesniper24
DrummerBoyz95
Feel Good inc.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Feel Good inc.
Private
Private
Feel Good inc.

To shield or no to shield Empty
PostSubject: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:31 am

What is your opinion on shield (Roit shield) in airsoft
Like / dislike
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:41 am

Meh, if you're just going to run around with a shield on your arm then there's no point to it. Plus some fields/arenas count hit shields as a hit, maybe unless you were replicating a ballistic shield.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:47 am

nope youd have more fun running around finding cover 2 arms help mor then one
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:58 am

I have to say no shield. Any big clunky piece of gear like that severely limits what you can do and how long it takes for you to do it. Stealth and speed are going to help you much more than a shield would.
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:28 am

i have a custom LEXAN shield, works as a ballistic shield but they have a serious downfall, the flank
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:30 am

I'll be frank with this. Unless it's being used for a role, i'm more then likely to run up to someone who has a shield and proceed to rip it of their arm and then shoot them.

To me not only is a shield pointless (in a non role way) but i consider it cheating.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:35 am

No.

bad idea. its cheap and useles IMO
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:50 pm

CHEAP? not cheap :C the one I was in charge to make for red dawn was 50-70 bucks!
well.. unless you use cardboard Laughing Neutral
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:53 pm

My opinion...it has its place.

Unfortunately, that place is not casual airsoft. For mil-sim, LE training, simulated hostage rescue...it might make a cool prop...but not necessarily an active field piece. Keep in mind the difference between a "riot shield" and ballistic shield.
Back to top Go down
K1nG
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1nG

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:26 pm

I thought it would be fun to use one on my field with a friend. Use it if your not a serious player.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:28 am

Being an ancient member on this Forum, I am reminded of an interesting post made a LOONNGGG time ago.
http://www.airsoftallies.com/clothing-gear-accessories-f4/blast-shields-t186.htm
Read through it, and you can see why I think they shouldnt be allowed.
Mainly because of the story in there about the kid hiding behind one and just barely poking his gun over...just cheap.
Read it and you will know what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:58 am

Okay heres an idea, if you want the shield build just the frame and get plexy glass or whatever to see out of, now make it so you can put cardboad as the main protector, cut a hole the size of the plexy glass out the put it in the fram using clamps, but when you do this make sure the cardboard can withstand light fire such as pistols and lpeags but when hit with more powerful guns holes will be formed advently weakening it so it ca be shot through.

it wont be cheap, but it will be a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:26 am

lonesniper24 wrote:

it wont be cheap, but it will be a pain in the ass.
If it IS both of those why would anybody go about it?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Ooops it will be cheap but a pain in the ass untill you get used to it.

Give me some slack I just got off work when I posted it. cardboard is a really cheap thing, I could probably make a shack out of it from all the cardboard thrown away at work, just go to like a furniture store and ask for some of there old boxes they will be more then happy to let you have them.
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:25 pm

the LEXAN shield I made is durable and only faults are flanks and the rear (obviously)
as far as use, for red dawn for example it will be 10 wolverines vs around 15-20 russians the shield could be helpful but can easily be taken if opposite team is working well together
Back to top Go down
phredryxun92
Sergeant
Sergeant
phredryxun92

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Make a bubble out of it and just have a hole for your barrel, that would make people angry.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To shield or no to shield   To shield or no to shield Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To shield or no to shield
Page 1 of 1