Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

CB Radio...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

CB Radio... Empty
PostSubject: CB Radio...   CB Radio... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:27 am

Does it have a place in airsoft?

They're cheap, have decent range, and don't require a license...so would you use em?

Citizen's band radio is pretty lawless, so I would assume mil-sim use would be perfetly acceptable. Considering truckers use it Very Happy

CB is actually a heckuvalot cheaper than those motorola walkie talkies you guys use...so Idunno, maybe CB is a legit option.

http://www.amazon.com/Uniden-PRO510XL-CB-Radio/dp/B00004VXNF

http://www.nextag.com/portable-cb-radios/search-html

One problem is that the ammount of frequencies are limited....to 8..actually LOL.
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

CB Radio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Radio...   CB Radio... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:25 am

I have not even given this a thought before. So it consists of a CMD radio, and other mobile radios that are all connected? CMD can give updates throughout the game, while information can be shared through every communication device? This would add a new element with a CMD unit if this is how it works. Assuming that what I think is correct, and the related products to your first link, the CMD unit, an antennae, and a mobile radio costs around $100? I could easily spend a few hundred dollars with my team to obtain such a useful piece of equipment. (Sorry if I am being over-excited...I have never used a mobile radio except a walkie talkie [HATE THEM] in a game before)
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

CB Radio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Radio...   CB Radio... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:50 am

CB cheaper than motorola walkie talkies?

$30 for 1

less than $40 for 2
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

CB Radio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Radio...   CB Radio... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:43 am

Yeah i think you got it wrong there...i use the ones lambda has a link to and thier great..granted thier true range isn't anywere close to 20 miles..but ive never needed to talk more then 3 miles away...plus you have all the channals..and then each channal has several private on the same...theres alot more then 8 needless to say.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

CB Radio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Radio...   CB Radio... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:33 pm

My lord, I apologize...there aren't 8 channels for CB...theres 40+.
I was reading somethng on the United Kingdoms citizen's band! Sorry!

I don't get get why you say they aren't cheaper than walkie talkies? There are some portable CB radios on the market going for less than $30!!!

Midland is a great retailer to look at if you do choose to go CB

Not to mention CB radios look the part...
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

CB Radio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Radio...   CB Radio... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 am

umm it depeneds if its battery opperated it will suck which is the kind youll have to use. also most stations on them are taken, i think 14 is the truckers 12 or 11 is for cops and all these are for emergancy vehicals and what not plus many people still use them as a way of comunication, so it may not be the best thing to use.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

CB Radio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Radio...   CB Radio... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 am

Channel 9 is the "emergency channel" and channel 19 is the commonly used highway channel.

Channel 23 is shared with R/C but the allowed power for R/C is 25 watts on this one channel (4 watts on the others, like CB).

Channels 13 and 14 are for high-power industrial devices.

The rest are wide open for the most part.
We use CB's when we're offroading and they're pretty desolate...except for the truckers, who tend to group up on channels. So theres normally at least 10 channels wih nothing happening.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

CB Radio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Radio...   CB Radio... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 am

well i havnt used a cb in a good 6 years so yeah its bits and peices, id just stick to walky talkies personally
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

CB Radio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Radio...   CB Radio... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:54 am

Unless you can find a portable CB unit for under $20 or 2 for under $40, it's not cheaper. And if not that, then what real advantage does it have over walkie talkies? Since most players and teams who use comms use walkie talkies (I don't actually know this, I'm just assuming), wouldn't it be better to have a compatible system? Unless CB radios operate on some of the same frequencies?
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

CB Radio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Radio...   CB Radio... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:26 am

Tell you what durkee...you keep your CB with your 10 channals..and Ill keep my 2 way with 100+ channals (including some private ones) hows that sound :p Pity we can't use our HAM radios....people might get scared lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CB Radio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Radio...   CB Radio... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CB Radio...
Page 1 of 1