HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Share | 
 

 end of the world?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
avatar

Posts : 3897
Join date : 2009-05-13
Age : 21
Location : Ventura County, CA

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:12 am

Oh.. Cookie for you, Mercc!

Oh and lonesniper can I be the commander of birds and swine? Gotta make sure they don't go around infectin' people again.

@95
A Jewish man wrote in a book and said "The Lord told me so"... doesn't mean it's fact.
That is ALL I or anyone else will say about this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarhead999 76 65
General Grade 2
avatar

Posts : 4940
Join date : 2009-04-29
Age : 85
Location : Rio Rancho/NW Albuquerque, New Mexico, Socialist States of Obama

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:22 am

Ooh, I want to be minister of cookies! Very Happy

Ah, I don't know about the whole 'end of the world' thing. To me, it just seems like a bunch of people who believe everything and anything.

But, just for the helluvit, let's pull a Jim Jones and make a big ass religious cult and run down to south america before we commit mass suicide. Who wants to bring the purple kool aid?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cqbtacticalairsoft.webs.com/
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 1693
Join date : 2008-12-16
Age : 22
Location : Western Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:22 am

YAY A COOKIE!! NOM NOM NOM.......C Is for Cookie thats good enough for me nom nom nom!

ok.....@Creed True Dat because people are ingnorant and fickle.....they are but sheep, mere sheep..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
95
Corporal
Corporal


Posts : 106
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 21
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:32 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Oh.. Cookie for you, Mercc!

Oh and lonesniper can I be the commander of birds and swine? Gotta make sure they don't go around infectin' people again.

@95
A Jewish man wrote in a book and said "The Lord told me so"... doesn't mean it's fact.
That is ALL I or anyone else will say about this.

But that might have been a Jewish guys belief not the true word of G o d... G o d Told us so and in the Bible, (i don't know if you've read it or not)
Jesus Christ our G o d is the creator of this world we stand on... His Holy book (the Bible) is his one of his ways to tell us about him what has happend and will happen
There is going to be an end to this world even if you don't think so

I'm not sure if were able to talk about religion or here but.....
If you happen to have a bible you could read you might want to look up the very last book of the Bible called Revelation
in that G o d tells us some of what the end of the world will be back

I would say some more, but i need a heads up first if i am allowed to or not... and the reason i but spaces bettwen the word "G o d" is so the site doesn't block it as i was trying to saying the Lords name in vain which i wasn't trying to
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://creatorsunite.webs.com/
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
avatar

Posts : 3897
Join date : 2009-05-13
Age : 21
Location : Ventura County, CA

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:36 am

Of course there will be an end, just not in our lifetimes, is what I'm saying.

95 wrote:
I would say some more, but i need a heads up first if i am allowed to or not...
No, we aren't. That's why I bolded, underlined, and italicized the fact that nothing else will be said.

You can maintain and defend your faith, I'm not saying you shouldn't, just... not on this forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 1009
Join date : 2008-12-30
Age : 23
Location : Southern California

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:49 am

It's possible, Biblicaly I don't believe the world is all bad YET, but I don't know! None of us do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 1009
Join date : 2008-12-30
Age : 23
Location : Southern California

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:03 am

Sorry for the double post, but I just realized why...
It's not that there is an increase, it's that it's publicized!
Like whoever said it said, there have been thousands of earthquakes in the last 100 years! The thing is that now we have Twitter, you-tube, and TV, they didn't used to!
In the early 1906 There was a 7.6 earthquake in San Fransisco! (death toll of over 700!) HUGE!
Not even 100 years ago!
T"he largest recorded earthquake in the world was a magnitude 9.5 (Mw) in Chile on May 22, 1960"
"The largest recorded earthquake in the United States was a magnitude 9.2 that struck Prince William Sound, Alaska on Good Friday, March 28, 1964 UTC. "

So you see, it's nothing new, we are just now "waking up" to realism!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2009-06-15
Age : 25
Location : Seattle/Whidbey Island, WA

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:40 am

Belief in the "end of the world" can be linked directly to the human characteristic of ego-centrism. A rational being wouldn't be so self-important to believe that the end of everything would happen in their lifetime. And I thought the term now was "Climate Change", not "Global Warming". In some places it's getting colder. In some places it's getting wetter, some places drier, etc. Did you guys happen to hear about how a bunch of the evidence for our part in global climate change was faked? I'm disappointed not only by the "scientists" (though in light of this they don't deserve the title), but also by the hacker who used less-than-legal means to uncover the corruption. This just goes to show that when convictions and beliefs (and money) get mixed into scientific research, every side of the issue gets shady.

@95 some friendly advice: that sounds an awful lot like preaching. Remember to be mindful of other belief systems and state your beliefs as beliefs rather than as fact. Thank you. But even if you're sensitive and polite about it, it's not allowed on this forum, though they may be more lax in the off-topic section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slob212
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1489
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 106
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:33 am

@95,
You really didn磘 want to open this can of worms.................
You have no idea how I despise posts like this !!
Quote :
But that might have been a Jewish guys belief not the true word of G o d... G o d Told us so and in the Bible, (i don't know if you've read it or not)
Jesus Christ our G o d is the creator of this world we stand on... His Holy book (the Bible) is his one of his ways to tell us about him what has happend and will happen
There is going to be an end to this world even if you don't think so.

Since you have decided to limit your response to just christianity, you have limited your base of information for arguement and in so many words stated that there is no other basis for fact or arguement, so let磗 first discuss your post, shall we.....

The Bible and the books of the Bible are not `` Jesus磗 创 book or books, no where in any of the books of the Bible is there a Gospel or Book according to Jesus, all the Teachings and Comments spoken by Jesus are recorded by someone else, most being contributed by the 12 Apostles, Peter, Andrew, Matthew, Thomas, Phillip, Bartholemew, John, James, Simon, Jude, James the Less, Matthias and since most of the Gospels were re-written by someone other than the attributed it could be argued that the facts have been slewed or miss-represented.
To take it on step further, since the Vatican has taken it apon themselves to only allow certain Gospels to be part of the Bible, it could be further argued that all the books are censored to betray the teachings of the Vatican, not of Don't use the Lord's name in vain. or Jesus.
Jesus is not G O D, he was the so called `` SON 创 of G O D, Jesus is not the Creator of our world, G O D created the heavens and the earth, Think you may need to pick Genesis up and re-read the 7 days of creation again,
`` "In the beginning Don't use the Lord's name in vain. created the heavens and the earth. and the earth then was welter and waste and darkness over the deep and a powerful wind hovering over the waters, and Don't use the Lord's name in vain. said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light;" the "firmament" separating "the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament;" dry land and seas and plants and trees which grew fruit with seed; the sun, moon and stars in the firmament; air-breathing sea creatures, fishes and birds; and on the sixth day, "the beasts of the earth according to their kinds." "Then Don't use the Lord's name in vain. said, Let us make man in our image ... in the image of Don't use the Lord's name in vain. He created him; male and female He created them." On the seventh day Don't use the Lord's name in vain. rests from the task of completing the heavens and the earth: "So Don't use the Lord's name in vain. blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it Don't use the Lord's name in vain. rested from all his work which he had done in creation."[Gen 2:3] 创
no where does it say that Jesus created anything.

Now to take the arguement a step further, if you are going to use Religeon to base your arguement, I磎 going to go so far as to say, We have a long time to wait before the end of the world happens through the hands of G O D, depending on what religeon you believe in. Since the Hebrew religeon is also the basis for christianity, I will put forth that the SON of G O D has yet to show himself, therefor we are no closer to Revelations or the end of the World than Rabbi Moses was when he walked the Earth.

On a final note, just one question....
If something can be proven to be correct then that makes it a Fact ? or Non-Fact ? 3.8 Billion or 4.5 Billion ( +/- 1% ) years old is still alot older than man has been on the face of the earth.

It dosn磘 matter if you are a Darwinist or Creationist, one is based of speculation accepted as fact and the other is fact based on speculation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zane
Major
Major


Posts : 920
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 107
Location : In a place

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:45 am

1) Regarding the "faked" Global warming...it was one guy..ONE, because of him we throw out the data of thousands of other scientists? I think not.

2) Remember the bible was written by man, it also says man is corrupt..so question everything. yes I do believe in a Don't use the Lord's name in vain. because during the course of my studies I can honestly say there had to be a some uncaused cause...perhaps not the Christian Don't use the Lord's name in vain. but thats how I choose to belief it, I respect others views as long as they can support them, don't tell me "You belief in him, I don't..it can't be proven either way, the end". No prove your point(and yes it is possible)..and if you can't go take a beginners philosophy class. otherwise in my view your a idiot.

3) Heres a little quote from the bible "Fools despise wisdom and instruction." Only after the Catholic Church started to fear loosing their power did they start limiting knowledge...before that they were the ones responsible for almost all learning and didn't fear it. In fact today many of the worlds observatories are run by monks, so that they can further observe the "Glory of him"

4) Like it or not humanity wont last forever, neither will the world. Its silly to think we are somehow special....several times in the worlds history humanity has almost been wiped of the face of the earth..in fact im pretty sure we will do it to ourselves somday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slob212
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1489
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 106
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:49 am

Quote :
Like it or not humanity wont last forever, neither will the world. Its silly to think we are somehow special....several times in the worlds history humanity has almost been wiped of the face of the earth..in fact im pretty sure we will do it to ourselves somday

Here Here !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Wolf
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2551
Join date : 2008-07-03
Age : 25
Location : Marietta, GA

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:03 am

slob212 wrote:
Quote :
Like it or not humanity wont last forever, neither will the world. Its silly to think we are somehow special....several times in the worlds history humanity has almost been wiped of the face of the earth..in fact im pretty sure we will do it to ourselves somday

Here Here !!!

*turns his head towards Slob212*

And Zane you hit the nail on the head with that last point!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ontargetairsoft.com/
95
Corporal
Corporal


Posts : 106
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 21
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:36 am

slob212 wrote:
@95,
You really didn磘 want to open this can of worms.................
You have no idea how I despise posts like this !!
Quote :
But that might have been a Jewish guys belief not the true word of G o d... G o d Told us so and in the Bible, (i don't know if you've read it or not)
Jesus Christ our G o d is the creator of this world we stand on... His Holy book (the Bible) is his one of his ways to tell us about him what has happend and will happen
There is going to be an end to this world even if you don't think so.

Since you have decided to limit your response to just christianity, you have limited your base of information for arguement and in so many words stated that there is no other basis for fact or arguement, so let磗 first discuss your post, shall we.....

The Bible and the books of the Bible are not `` Jesus磗 创 book or books, no where in any of the books of the Bible is there a Gospel or Book according to Jesus, all the Teachings and Comments spoken by Jesus are recorded by someone else, most being contributed by the 12 Apostles, Peter, Andrew, Matthew, Thomas, Phillip, Bartholemew, John, James, Simon, Jude, James the Less, Matthias and since most of the Gospels were re-written by someone other than the attributed it could be argued that the facts have been slewed or miss-represented.
To take it on step further, since the Vatican has taken it apon themselves to only allow certain Gospels to be part of the Bible, it could be further argued that all the books are censored to betray the teachings of the Vatican, not of Don't use the Lord's name in vain. or Jesus.
Jesus is not G O D, he was the so called `` SON 创 of G O D, Jesus is not the Creator of our world, G O D created the heavens and the earth, Think you may need to pick Genesis up and re-read the 7 days of creation again,
`` "In the beginning Don't use the Lord's name in vain. created the heavens and the earth. and the earth then was welter and waste and darkness over the deep and a powerful wind hovering over the waters, and Don't use the Lord's name in vain. said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light;" the "firmament" separating "the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament;" dry land and seas and plants and trees which grew fruit with seed; the sun, moon and stars in the firmament; air-breathing sea creatures, fishes and birds; and on the sixth day, "the beasts of the earth according to their kinds." "Then Don't use the Lord's name in vain. said, Let us make man in our image ... in the image of Don't use the Lord's name in vain. He created him; male and female He created them." On the seventh day Don't use the Lord's name in vain. rests from the task of completing the heavens and the earth: "So Don't use the Lord's name in vain. blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it Don't use the Lord's name in vain. rested from all his work which he had done in creation."[Gen 2] 创
no where does it say that Jesus created anything.

Now to take the arguement a step further, if you are going to use Religeon to base your arguement, I磎 going to go so far as to say, We have a long time to wait before the end of the world happens through the hands of G O D, depending on what religeon you believe in. Since the Hebrew religeon is also the basis for christianity, I will put forth that the SON of G O D has yet to show himself, therefor we are no closer to Revelations or the end of the World than Rabbi Moses was when he walked the Earth.

On a final note, just one question....
If something can be proven to be correct then that makes it a Fact ? or Non-Fact ? 3.8 Billion or 4.5 Billion ( +/- 1% ) years old is still alot older than man has been on the face of the earth.

It dosn磘 matter if you are a Darwinist or Creationist, one is based of speculation accepted as fact and the other is fact based on speculation.

I did find when reading my post over again (thismorning) I messed up on the "His Holy Book" since i forgot to put in some information.....

@zane
1. Yes it was wrighten by man
2. Yes man is corrupt
3. But that still does not mean that the Bible isn't true (I would put a reference for that but I have to look it up first)

back@ slob212

The part you said "Jesus is not the Creator of our world, G O D created the heavens and the earth"
Its called Trinity-3 in one

G O D, Jesus and the Holy spirit are one

Like as in they are the same.... but Jesus was G O D's son in the form of man But without the corupt ways of man
But still i should have fixed that part i said as i can see how people can get confused on it, sorry

But i'm leaving this topic
Since i'm not allow to say religish stuff on here
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://creatorsunite.webs.com/
slob212
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1489
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 106
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:54 am

Your definition of the Holy Trinity is just as flawed as your previous post,

The Holy Trinity is described as G o d being the Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost but neither of them are the other or is G o d.

The Father is not Jesus who is not the Holy Ghost who is not the Father.

and you are leaving the topic because you have been called and caught out. If you would like to continue this discussion please feel free to PM me. Being raised in a strict Roman Catholic family, I always welcome the oppertunity to discuss the Catholic Religeon with the half right.

I will post it again,

`` There are 3 things that should never be discussed in the open, Politics, Religeon and The Great Pumpkin 创.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zane
Major
Major


Posts : 920
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 107
Location : In a place

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:05 am

Quote :
`` There are 3 things that should never be discussed in the open, Politics, Religeon and The Great Pumpkin 创.

You forgot to mention the great penguin revolution! but in all seriousness this topic has been debated by philosophers for centuries and they still can't agree on what the trinity is...And besides..the catholics are all crazy ;p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slob212
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1489
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 106
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:52 am

You know it Zane, all are a couple bubbles off Plumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 1009
Join date : 2008-12-30
Age : 23
Location : Southern California

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:17 pm

I will through my two cents in:
The great pumpkin is real!!!!!!
Also, it doesn't matter, John 3:16 from a BIBLICAL APPROACH states if you believe in him your saved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Jarhead999 76 65
General Grade 2
avatar

Posts : 4940
Join date : 2009-04-29
Age : 85
Location : Rio Rancho/NW Albuquerque, New Mexico, Socialist States of Obama

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Guys, please, I love to get in the religion debates (and you all know that, haha), but let's save it for another time!

When it comes down to it, every single religion or belief is just that: a belief, and from what I've seen, we're all entitled to have them (for now, anyways).

To be back on topic, I have not decided whether or not doomsday 2012 is going to take place. I'm still going to prepare for it by buying NBC suits, water, food, gas and oil, guns, and ammunition. As Man-Rape Scouts say, "Be Prepared"!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cqbtacticalairsoft.webs.com/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
avatar

Posts : 4652
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 60

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Zane wrote:
1) Regarding the "faked" Global warming...it was one guy..ONE, because of him we throw out the data of thousands of other scientists? I think not.

2) Remember the bible was written by man, it also says man is corrupt..so question everything. yes I do believe in a Don't use the Lord's name in vain. because during the course of my studies I can honestly say there had to be a some uncaused cause...perhaps not the Christian Don't use the Lord's name in vain. but thats how I choose to belief it, I respect others views as long as they can support them, don't tell me "You belief in him, I don't..it can't be proven either way, the end". No prove your point(and yes it is possible)..and if you can't go take a beginners philosophy class. otherwise in my view your a idiot.

3) Heres a little quote from the bible "Fools despise wisdom and instruction." Only after the Catholic Church started to fear loosing their power did they start limiting knowledge...before that they were the ones responsible for almost all learning and didn't fear it. In fact today many of the worlds observatories are run by monks, so that they can further observe the "Glory of him"

4) Like it or not humanity wont last forever, neither will the world. Its silly to think we are somehow special....several times in the worlds history humanity has almost been wiped of the face of the earth..in fact im pretty sure we will do it to ourselves somday

You are my Goddd. I could not have said that any better myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M14 double-taps
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2106
Join date : 2008-07-13
Age : 23
Location : St. Louis, MO

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Zane wrote:
Humm...lets see, well currently we are in El Ninjo or nino or w/e so theres your weird weather..as for the earthquakes..well that tends to happen when your ass is on a giant fault line..in fact the New Madrid fault line in the US is way past due for its next massive shake up so who knows we may be sending aid to Missouri and the surrounding states in our lifetimes.

Us missourians get more and more worried each day affraid

_________________
When your Team Leader tells you to bring as much ammo and water as you can carry and an extra grenade launcher, you know you're in for some fun.

BAM BAM BAM BAM....*silence*...."\"Watch your language\", Multi-Cam really does dissapear!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Zane
Major
Major


Posts : 920
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 107
Location : In a place

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:04 pm

Yeah I used to live there..Poplar Bluff...glad I got out of there lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
white wolf
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2481
Join date : 2009-03-29
Location : here, not there, Earth

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:26 pm

WOOO WISCon..... that will be badddd..... I can see it now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarhead999 76 65
General Grade 2
avatar

Posts : 4940
Join date : 2009-04-29
Age : 85
Location : Rio Rancho/NW Albuquerque, New Mexico, Socialist States of Obama

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:41 pm

Woohoo! Living in my little slice of America has an advantage! cheers

We're close to the supervolcano, but not close enough to be blown to crap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cqbtacticalairsoft.webs.com/
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2009-02-03
Age : 106
Location : Maine

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:01 pm

as long as i die after iv'e had sex, i'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zane
Major
Major


Posts : 920
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 107
Location : In a place

PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Yeah but don't worry, the resulting ash fallout will kill us all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   

Back to top Go down
 
end of the world?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» dan thomas profile on world of armwrestling
» Nemiroff World Cup 2010 Left & Right Arm Results
» Indy motorama/world of wheels show
» Indy World of Wheels
» BMW World Singapore Exhibition

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: The Lounge-
Jump to: