Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

What Now?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:50 pm

Well, with my UTG L96 on the way, i want one more gun for my collection. Myself, i would be perfectly happy with either of them. Im thinking about the MP5K or the UTG MS3 milti-shot shotgun. I've wanted a good shotgun for some time, but couldnt find one i liked, until now. And the MP5K, well, ive wanted that from the beginning...its just a gun that i like. Im curious to here your input and see what you think of the guns.

~JTK~
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:22 am

i would go with the mp5k just because u have wanted it longer and with the shotgun if the other team figures out how many shots you can hold they can count the shots then rush you so i would go with the mp5k. just my opinion
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:42 pm

Hm. Well I have had enough experience with both to say that I think you should go with the UTG M3 Shotgun. It really is a thing of beauty. I've owned the shotgun for about four months now, and Its still working GREAT. And the sound of those three BBs slapping into your target is just AWESOME.
However, the MP5K is a gun that I did not like too much. The semi-auto is AWFUL, if you pull the trigger multipul times too quickly, the trigger just locks up. to unjam, it, just switch on full auto and shoot a short burst. The accuracy on it wasn't great, either. and the ROFwas really slow. here are some detailed reviews I have written for both of them:

UTG shotty:
Being a very Retro Airsofter, I of course was very hyped on the triple-shot effect. But looking beyond that, I will review the actual shotgun, not just the fact that it shoots three BBs.

ACCURACY is pretty good, The rifle sights are a godsend. I use .2gs, and it really can get some good distances. I can shoot across entire fields of 80-90 ft. and have atleast two of the three BBs hit, eight out of ten shots in the mag/shell. Close up, this thing is a BEAST. Even when using .2gs, they hardly EVER curve at forty-fifty feet. Maybe one of the three BBs wont reach its target, about one out of every ten shots.

THE SOUND of the shot is frightening. It is a WHAM noice, and you can just FEEL the power of the three BBs being projected. It sounds like its breaking when you dry-fire it, it sounds so strong. Although I'm, sure it isn't BREAKING. And the sound of THREE BBs slapping into ANY target sounds positively thrilling.

CAPACITY/AMMO is where I was slightly dissapointed. And not just because it only has ten shots, twenty w/ both shells. The fact that you can't buy more shells HERE is sort of dissapointing, but I am lucky enough to own the TSD pump shotgun, which uses the same shells...almost. The bad thing about those shells is that they only hold 14, but I do have FOUR of them. And I can buy more @ my locale retailer, But its THIRY DOLLARS for just THREE shells. The TSD shells also do not jam as much as these, which brings us to our most annoying problem with this gun. The shells that came with this gun jam SO MUCH its pathetic. In the two hours I shot this morning, the shells jammed TWELVE times, and I didnt even use my shotgun the whole two hours. And In the same time span, FIVE times BBs just poured out of the shotgun when I took the shell out. The TSD shells never did ANY of this.

THE ACCESSORIES with this gun were....new. It came with the classic UTG speed loader, which was placed in the styrafoam under the pump of the shotgun, to the right. To thr right of that, just under the pistol grip part of the shotgun, were the two shells (Mine were red & Black, but apparentley color may vary.) Further to the right, under the stock, was the sling. Talk about wierd, this sling has no hooks, clamps, or any other metal parts to attacth to trhe guns sling rings. Fortunately, It only took me about six minutes to figure it out. ( may take a normal person three, I'm kinda slow) The sling is HUGE, so you will probabley want to tighten it a bunch. But the bad thing is, the more you tighten it, the more there is of this annoying little flap hanging out, and the only real way to get it to not fly around or flap in the wind is to either stitch it to the other part of the sling, or tape it to the other part of the sling.The sling was an odd one.

COCKING this gun is harder than most springers, but don't be fooled, It really isn't that hard at all. But after a good long shooting session your arm may be a little sore. And if you try to caock it while still up against your shoulder, which I do quite alot, Your shoulder will become sore very quickly. When cocking it, you can really feel the power building up for your next shot. Every now and then, the pump will get stuck on your forwad push when coking it. when this happens, you have to go all the way back down, until it clicks AGAIN, and then go forward. This is bad because it then shoots like six BBs, and gets NO dostance and is NOT accurate.

OVERALL this is a GREAT gun. The three-shot is helpful, but the accuracy, power, looks, and reliability are really what makes this gun a real weapon.

And here is the MP5K:
INTRODUCTION: My Friend Fish had this gun for a brief time period, and in that time period I took many opportunities to fire it and test it out. It will serve you well in just about any scenario, but I am very skeptical as to if it would be able to compete with higher-end guns, such as my Thompson M1A1, my JG SOC16, and most of the KWA M4 series. However, I am a HUGE fan of Heckler & Koch, (The company that came out with the real steel model of this gun, along with many other famous guns such as the MP5) This gun is more on the level of my UTG M3 shotgun, or some other guns i can get at maybe...... That being said, here is my review.

ACCURACY of the MP5K is not too great, even for a such a short barrel. I could hit those little trees that are about three inches wide from a maximum of twenty feet away. I can engage a human size target from about a maximum of 60-80 feet, 60 feet being an almost guaranteed hit, 80 feet being a lucky shot.

POWER is not this guns strong spot, however It isn't horrible. I am not quite sure if 320 FPS is quite an accurate number, but it could be in that neighborhood. I think maybe a little less. I was hit in the face with it four times when Fish stuck the barrel between through two fence posts, and it did indeed sting, enough to make me blatenly curse very loudly in a neighborhood with a family and two little kids out on the deck in the house next to us. however only one of the four left a good welt, just above my upper lip. The other three left tiny dots which went away in about twenty minutes.

ROF/RPM is agreeable, I would say it is around 650 RPM. But the thing is, 650 is the HIGHEST. when the battery is halfway to one-fourth charged, it's only about 550 RPM. And that's rubbish. And in Semi-Auto, this gun does NOT sing. The trigger pull-to-shot time is too long. And If you pull the trigger two many times too fast on semi-auto, the gun will just cease firing and make a *Click* noise when the trigger is pulled. When this happens, do not worry, just put the gun on fully automatic and shoot it a few times, then go back to semi and it should be fine. However, during a war that is unacceptable, especially because it happens so easily with this gun. If you are looking for some sweet double-taps, this guns is NOT for you.

MAGAZINE/CAPACITY of this gun is just fine with me. Uses standard MP5 mags, and is compatible with most Marui mags. It is also compatible with the UTG MP5 magazines. The mag it comes with holds around 150-200 BBs if I recall correctly. The mag had few jams, and had a fairly larger than normal wind up wheel.

EXTERNALLY this gun is pretty sweet, it has a really nice body. it is almost all really dense ABS plastic, with a few metal parts (the usual, sling rings, sights, barrell, etc) One thing you DON'T have to worry about is breaking this gun. It is VERY durable. I have witnessed it being dropped down porch steps, a full flight of carpeted steps, and on concrete sidewalks and streets more than a few times.

THE OVER ALL QUALITY of the JG MP5K is not the best, but hey, a huge part of quality is whether the gun will last or not. And this gun is sure to last! I would say the following stats are something to think about:

JG MP5K:
Accuracy: 6/10
Power: 7/10
Range: 7/10
Durability: 9/10
Looks: 10/10
ROF/RPM: 5/10

WHAT TO CONSIDER is that this gun is cheap, and you just about get what you pay for. But the only thing I would use this for is for a side arm to keep on a sling at my waist when I'm sniping, for that, this thing would do perfect. But, that being said, you can get a KWA MAC 11 for almost the same price and that thing is SO MUCH BETTER, and both are meant to be sidearms. This gun can compete very well with guns of the 8o-140 price range, i guess. I would classify it as a mid-grade AEG. For a decent side arm, this thing well get the job done.

Sorry for the huge length, just trying to be as helpful as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 pm

Thanks for all that. Ive been looking at reviews and such on youtube. On of my favorite people on there, crazyNCman, did a review of this and he said it was also a great gun. So, with him and you saying that it is worth it, thats probably the one im gonna get. Thanks.

~JTK~
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:40 pm

Nice reveiw...thats all i have to say. But internals, are important too.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:00 pm

which gun are you getting, JTK? the shotty or the MP5K?
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:10 pm

My bad, didnt specify. Im gonna get the shotty. Think i'll like it for the close up encounters...like my friend on CoD4 on Crew Expendable....lol
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:55 pm

Haha, nice. It's so awesome with that gun, when you unload three BBs Into your opponents face....It is really kool. It sounds really intimidating on the field. Oh, and BTW- I have the full-stock version. Are you getting the full-stock or CQB style pistol grip?
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Im not sure. I was thinking about the cqb style because i might try to bring it as a back up...but then i do like the thought of having a stock....so im not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:18 pm

I have a friend who has a JG MP5, it is not the K but it has the same MB...With permission, from my friend, i can do a internal reveiw of it for you...
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:26 pm

You don't need to, but can if you feel like it. I have a JG MP5 myself...and its pretty nice, but starting to wear down...which is why im getting these new guns. All up to you.

~JTK~
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:28 pm

Well, it may be cheaper to replace the parts that may be wear down, I.E. plastic bushings, spring, and motor
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Yeah, i considered that...and im prolly gonna keep it as a project gun. But i still want to get another gun...im greedy...lol.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:16 pm

Never have too many guns. lol.

Although i would not get another MP5. I know you said earlier possibly a sniper rifle.
Have you considered making or buying a DMR (designated marksman rifle) It is basically a AEG with slightly slower ROF, but the accuracy and FPS are supposed to be as good as a sniper rifle. And you have the advantages of a AEG too.
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:22 pm

Yeah. I looked at a couple of those. My sniper is on the way and will be here in about 3 days. So im gonna take some time to pick out another gun or two...the more guns the better! My co-worker came to play with me and my friends. He walked onto the field with like 8 guns on him...it was pretty funny...and he actually didnt do that bad, he took second. I know that story wasn't relavent at all, but i wanted to tell that...lol. But back to topic, i was looking at a dmr, that may be next...not sure though.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:42 pm

Yep thats kinda what im looking to do with my G36C...lol

Gun safe too small...at least for more guns...
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:01 pm

Yeah. I was thinking about selling my mp5 and buying the Echo1 m16 dmr and upgrading it and such. Not sure though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What Now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now?   What Now? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Now?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: Which Gun?-
Jump to: