Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

itouch?

Go down 
+2
Zane
lonesniper24
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:16 am

so i kinda want to modify one to be like a personal field comp. i was thinking get like tracking devices that goes on a persons gear and having the screen show dots were they are, also adding a thermal ''eye'' that you point and it shows heated objects? is this possible because this guy wants to get rid of 30 of them that are broken in some way screen whatever so i figure i can take 5 to make 1 and use 25 to make this deal, the tracking device would be like a dog tracker but in the teams gear is it doable?
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Zane
Major
Major

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:33 am

problem with dog tracers is they use radio, just gives you the general direction...you would need a GPS set which would cost a bit much....other then that it sounds pretty cool
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:20 pm

hmm okay, well I could figure something out, I personally wouldn't want to have the exact location because then you would need to have a UAV type deal showing a map on the screen which would be hard. I guess if you get one of them little remote control helicopters and has an eye on it to show a map and it pick up the little tracker device, to show you the exact location then it could and would work.

I personally think I'll stick to the thermal eye that will go out ehh 100 feet, so you have less chance of walking into an ambush that would be more helpful. And if I could get it to hook into my scope so it shows the ridicules and whatever setting you have it on like thermal, night vision whatever. so instead of having to look through the scope you look at the screen instead.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:27 pm

lonesniper24 wrote:
hmm okay, well I could figure something out, I personally wouldn't want to have the exact location because then you would need to have a UAV type deal showing a map on the screen which would be hard. I guess if you get one of them little remote control helicopters and has an eye on it to show a map and it pick up the little tracker device, to show you the exact location then it could and would work.

I personally think I'll stick to the thermal eye that will go out ehh 100 feet, so you have less chance of walking into an ambush that would be more helpful. And if I could get it to hook into my scope so it shows the ridicules and whatever setting you have it on like thermal, night vision whatever. so instead of having to look through the scope you look at the screen instead.

Wait...your iPod has a thermal camera?
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:45 pm

No not yet, I have a camera that has a thermal setting and lens the size of a cell phones but the cameras broke. So I am going to try and get that into the itouch and use a video setting that doesn't record it just shows whats going on like it's taking a video, without the recording.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:49 pm

lonesniper24 wrote:
No not yet, I have a camera that has a thermal setting and lens the size of a cell phones but the cameras broke. So I am going to try and get that into the itouch and use a video setting that doesn't record it just shows whats going on like it's taking a video, without the recording.

LOL....uh are you sure this "thermal setting" isn't just a video effect?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Yeah... It probably is.

And getting a camera of any type into an iPod Touch is going to be really hard, not to mention actually getting it to operate with the iPod's OS.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:07 pm

If those iPods are going to be so easy to fix and program, why is this guy getting rid of them? Sounds like a cool idea, but also a massive undertaking for someone with technical skills and training in electronic hardware and software. I've fixed R/C cars, AS guns, and Xbox 360s, but I wouldn't touch this project. (hehe get it? Touch?)
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Like this:

itouch? Img_9810

itouch? Therma10

Yes, I did these right now...hahah.
Im bored!!!
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Yeah kinda like that, and if this doesn't work I don't really care, I'll probably end up giving up but I think if I can do it, it will be cool.

as for the OS, I can change that up so it will all work with everything I should probably get a laptop first though.

BTW durkee I like your AK is that real wood?
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:53 pm

lonesniper24 wrote:
Yeah kinda like that, and if this doesn't work I don't really care, I'll probably end up giving up but I think if I can do it, it will be cool.

as for the OS, I can change that up so it will all work with everything I should probably get a laptop first though.

I don't think its durkee, but it may be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Zane
Major
Major

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:17 pm

you don't need a heli for were they are..they already sell things for parents to use, tey hook it into the kids cell phone and it shows them were they are on a map via the interwebz...if you get your mates to agree to it you could use it (it's accurate to like 5 feet)...come to think of it thats a pretty "Watch your language" good idea...
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:20 pm

lonesniper24 wrote:

Oh when I said that was my loadout, I meant that what I based my loadout off haha.
Had everything but the RPG ammo...haha
And ya, I got realy wood stuff for the Cyma AK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

itouch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: itouch?   itouch? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

itouch?
Page 1 of 1