Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

KaBOOM

Go down 
+6
mgunner564
SnoSnipe
Undertaker
br55ftw
DrummerBoyz95
lonesniper24
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

KaBOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KaBOOM   KaBOOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:34 pm

If you get WP on you, it can be smothered.

Any of your read House to House, by any chance?

It follows Staff Sergeant David Bellavia and Third Platoon, Alpha Company through the second battle of Fallujah.

When the Army first moved into the city, it had been bombed out trumendously and WP was everywhere. While gearing up, one of Bellavia's men got some on him and started burning...so he was tackled to the ground and rolled him around to smother the WP.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

KaBOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KaBOOM   KaBOOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Yeah it can be smothered, my mistake...it is just very dificult. But yeah using these types of weapons is pretty sick..and going after civis period is sick.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

KaBOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KaBOOM   KaBOOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Zane wrote:
Yeah it can be smothered, my mistake...it is just very dificult...would it be agianst the rules to post pics of peep burned by it? ^_^ no faces ofcourse...

I don't believe so.

We're talking in a scientific and historical context...so I would say it'd be acceptable.

@Everyone...just...watch your comments.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

KaBOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KaBOOM   KaBOOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Yeah think I wont post it..was going to do it for comparison....but theres some little kids here..perhaps not ready/mature enough for it.

You know what else is funny tho? Everyones so gung ho to use these weapons and fight and all that..till they see the first body and the effect it has...some scary "Watch your language".

One of the funniest things ive seen (morbidly funn) Was in JROTC...some kid was like yeah we should use chem weps on those bastards in iraq!....man..our SAI got realy quiet (he doesnt yell..he just talks softly when he is super mad)..anyway he pulled out some pics..the kid threw up, man did his mind change on that topic
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

KaBOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KaBOOM   KaBOOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:10 pm

From what I've seen Willy Pete is much worse.....Either way you burn to death so it's not going to be much fun.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

KaBOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KaBOOM   KaBOOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Well I look at it like this:

-Napalm is good for "open air" DZ's. Meaning forested areas, low obstruction, etc. Low cost and simple to mass produce. Can only really be dropped by aircraft due to its weight. Good against most medium structures and defenses. Burns very hot.

-White phosphorus is good for "urban" DZ's and areas with obstructions (ie: areas with built-up infrastructure). Its more an "area denial" munition than anything. A bit more costly and harder to produce. Can be fired from artillery, dropped, or even used in hand-deployed forms. Burns EXTREMELY hot. WP is a more refined and volatile munition than napalm. We've pretty much 100% moved to WP as a primary incindiary.

In modern napalm munitions (mostly used now to clear land), WP is added to increase burn rate and effectiveness. So to be honest, they're less of two different munition types than components in a singular munition.

Napalm's earliest form was litterally just gasoline with off the shelf Jello mix packets poured in.

Someone correct me if I have my facts mixed up.

Incidiaries are not meant to "catch the enemy on fire"...its meant to destroy structures and clear forest. WP's primary uses nowadays is to mark artillery targets (they fire WP shells first, then roll live).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KaBOOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KaBOOM   KaBOOM - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KaBOOM
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: The Lounge-
Jump to: