Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

JG Bar-10

Go down 
+3
USMC-HENDLER
JamillaTheKilla
Deadeye
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadeye
Private
Private

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:57 pm

Hey guys, I think I'm going to be getting the JG Bar-10 and I've done
some research about the airbrake mod and how it might not work
and I'm a little bit scared about just making my gun a little bit more
fps and having it being louder and not a lot more fps but louder, and
I don't think I'm going to be doing it so I was wondering what kind of
springs I should get and the other things, like the trigger and maybe
a tightbore, something to increase my velocity and accuracy. I know
that it is 100% compatible with the VSR but there are tons of mod
things to get and I don't know which one. Sorry about the long note!
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:27 am

Well, im no expert, but from what ive heard from being here, i would recommend to get you started, an M170 spring, a Zero Trigger + Piston set, Metal Spring guide, new cylinder head, new hopup bucking, and a tightbore...but don't get the spring in until all the other things are in, otherwise you will ruin the internals of the gun...which is not what you need...

Im sure the others will know more about it than I, thats just what ive picked up so far. (Please correct me if i am mistaken on anything)

~JTK~
Back to top Go down
Deadeye
Private
Private

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:30 am

Awesome, thanks just wondering but how much would you say all that would cost, and do you have to have all of it to make it so your gun does not brake? Or can I take some away to reduce the cost, i'm looking to spend about 100-200 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Deadeye
Private
Private

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:36 am

And if you have any links that could get me to some of this stuff that would be amazing.
(I want to make sure I get exactly the right stuff)
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:53 am

You don't have to do all of it. The tightbore is pretty much a universal upgrade. The only thing you shouldnt really do is upgrade to a stiffer spring without many of the other internal upgrades, as it will ruin them quicker by putting more strain on them. Im not a 100% sure, but from what ive seen is that its around $240. You could hold off on the upgraded spring and then you'd be able to save a few bucks on some of the other internal parts and just get the tighbore and zero trigger, then if you have a little left, get the cylinder head or whatever else you have money for...then when you have more money, then get rest and have a beastly gun!

Tightbore http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=28164

I am having trouble right now geting the other links. My internet isn't working properly and i keep losing connection. I'll try to get the rest tomorrow, unless someone else hasn't got it already. Sorry for the wait.

~JTK~
Back to top Go down
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:58 am

Well i don't know all the upgrade stuff but My JG BAR should be here in about 5 days and then im doing the air brake mod so i will let you know how it goes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Hendler05
Deadeye
Private
Private

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:17 am

Alright, thanks a ton Jamilla for helping out and that would be awesome if you could let me know on how the airbrake mod goes for you USMC, thanks a lot! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:46 pm

Alright so i just got the JG-BAR 10 in the mail today ive ran into a few small problems such as my scope did not show up but ill call about that monday, also the paint is scratched but i don't care because im going to paint it, ill prob. do the mods tommorow and take pic, i might do one base paint tommorow then paint the rest when i get more free time ill have the pics up soon just look for them
Back to top Go down
Deadeye
Private
Private

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 2:00 am

Sweet thanks USMC, I painted my other guns and I think I'm going to do the same to my JG Bar-10, if you have ever seen the red tiger stripes for camouflage in Call of Duty 4 I did that to my G36C and I did it in black on my other sniper, but I think I might do some actual camouflage on the Bar-10.
Back to top Go down
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:34 pm

Yea that red tiger is sick on call of duty but yea im going to paint mine some time this week and i did the airbrake mod and i didnt see to much of a difference
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:47 pm

The airbreak mod will always work if done correctly. Yes it will make the gun louder but so will the other upgrades. The idea is that you will take shots from further back than you were able to do without the upgrades. If you do take shots from a greater distance then physically the sound (in the OPFOR point of view) of your gun would be no greater (its probably going to be less) than before you had the upgrades.

If you decide to get the above upgrades your gun will run alot smoother than if you just did the airbreak mod. However if you do the airbreak mod then your gun's bolt pull is going to be the same as it was before you upgraded the gun. Personally if you want a higher FPS then I would go with a M110(or a 150%) equivalent (if you can find one), then do the airbreak mod. This should put you at 500-550FPS. I don't think you will need a Zero trigger. You might need to replace the piston sear at most. These are around $22 so its not that bad.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:00 am

PPA 120 would be the 150% equivalent.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 am

I was referring to the systema brand with the M110.

sticks
Back to top Go down
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:21 pm

what happens if you cut the airbrake to short?
Back to top Go down
Deadeye
Private
Private

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:57 pm

Thanks Sticks I think I might do exactly what you said, but abut the air break mod there are some videos up on you tube that show that the air brake mod actually does not work, it just makes it go up about 8 fps or so, I don't know if this is because they have a different model like the JG Bar-10 G-spec and the regular JG Bar-10 (I don't know if there is a real difference) but heres a video that shows that the air brake doesn't work. I don't know if they cut it to short or left it to long and like USMC said what happens if it's to short of to long. http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/rifle.htm I am planning to get the 27th one down. here the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAeIjju-5MU He is using the G-spec version.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:58 pm

Well theres a few things wrong with that video.

1: with the closed chronograph (as shown) you have to shoot straight ahead. He did not, he shot at an angle. The chrono that he used was not as accurate as say a gun chrono that they use at most airsoft stores.

2: he increased the angle when he put in the chopped piston. The last reading was in the 370's. Look close and you will see that he decreased the angle when he shot the last one.

3: he has a very limited knowledge about his parts and how they work. It took him 4+ mins to put the cylinder in. The funny part about this is he got stuck when he tried to put the piston in before the O ring, he should have more trouble putting the piston on the spring. so I'm thinking maybe he had a week spring?

Basically I wouldn't trust that vid, he also cut the piston head to short....

Go with the G-spec man! I just got the TM version and I coulden't be happier.

sticks
Back to top Go down
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:26 pm

So what happens when you cut it short and whats a good length?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:48 pm

When you cut it short air starts to escape the piston. Which means less air is hitting the BB. Theorectically doing the mod would allow more air to push with the piston. I don't know if it works but in theory it should be fine. If you don't want to take the risk then I would just go the conventional upgrade route.

Whatever you guys choose good luck! I really want to see pics of your guns once your done with them. I would post pics of mine but the camera converter cord thingy isn't working.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Deadeye
Private
Private

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:16 am

You right I went over the video again, and I'll make sure to get the G-spec, did you get the TM VSR-10 G-spec or the JG bar-10 G-spec? Haha sorry, I just want to make sure I get the best one so I don't blow my money on the wrong one.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:29 am

I got my TM G-spec for $150 from a guy that lives in western Ohio(near Springfield). I'm sure the JG will more than suffice for your needs. Its completely TM compatible so if something breaks there a billion parts for it. There very similar, theres a few more metal parts on the TM but nothing serious.

The G-spec has a smaller barrel when stock, but with a drill you can make the hole bigger to accept larger barrels(the 430mm one). Ill make a guide when I scrap the money together to get a DBC 430mm barrel. I don't know about the JG version but the TM comes with a 6.05 barrel stock. Someone explained to me the reason they don't make 430mm barrels is because they found the grouping were no better with a longer barrel. You should have some left over room in the silencer if you get an extended barrel with your gun, this is actually a good thing because it allows more air to escape the barrel into the silencer than if you had a barrel run to the end of the silencer.

Good luck, oh ye the reason I went with a TM is because it is the company I started out with and I'm a partial fanboy of all their products. Oh and counting the scope that is on the gun I got it for the same price as the BAR 10.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Deadeye
Private
Private

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:38 am

Alright, I think I'm gong to go with the Jg Bar-10 because so far of what I can find most of the guns are going for about 200+ but I can get the Jg Bar-10 for about 100, and I can hopefully upgrade it to about 500fps and maybe have some money left over to get a 3-9X50 scope. Thanks a ton for all the help Sticks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:56 pm

if you get the bar-10 scope pagage (not the g-spec) it comes with a g4reat scope that has from3x to 9x and a 11 settign lit ridical for $130 all togeqather and the g-spec with scope is $135 also the standerd bar has a little more fps i think like 30
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:36 pm

Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Sponsored content

JG Bar-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG Bar-10   JG Bar-10 Icon_minitime