Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

gun repairs ToT

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 pm

so i lent my gun to a buddy this weekend and then i got it back. it still fires but no air is coming out of the air nozzle. i have no idea how to fix this. ill open up the gear box and look for any oddities and so on. any advice?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:37 pm

Likely the piston is stripped or your buddy screwed up the piston head.

As for learning how to take it apart yourself. There are a number of videos and guides on how to do so. I would start at mechbox.com since the V2 mechbox is used a lot in AirSoft replicas then you have us here for the rest ^^
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 pm

I don't know if this could happen in your gun but one time my buddy was cleaning his MP5 and put the cleaning rod too far into the gun so much that it pushed the piston far back. So whenever he fired it, the gun made a slightly different noise and the BB wasn't fired.

Then he tried to open it up and the gearbox exploded.. LOL
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:36 am

everything seems to be working. but no air is coming from the air nozzle i tried to open up the gearbox today but with no avail as i didnt have the write tools to do so Sad but i did paint my gun a little Very Happy so at least it looks cool.... gun repairs ToT Dsc04810
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:38 am

Off topic, but what scope is that?
Link meh!
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:41 am

its a cheapo $10 red cross scope off evike with a mount
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:36 pm

You should be able to find the tools you need in your own home...or at least find them really cheap at wally world. Now if they decided for some reason your gearbox shell absolutely had to have torx T-10 screws...then you may have to some shopping for that bit, but other than that finding tools is really no chore. Its just paying up for good tools.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 am

my gear box is indeed closed with torx screws ToT yes i will have to shop around....
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:42 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
my gear box is indeed closed with torx screws ToT yes i will have to shop around....

Hey...you can order tools too. McMasterCarrTools
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:49 pm

well i got a quote from the local airsoft shop. its $45 an hour plus parts. but the thing is i don't really trust that shop...
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Then I wouldn't take it there either if my gut conflicted, and that sounds quite expensive. It is half the price of buying a complete E1 V2 and dropping it in there.

Find out if there is anyone else you know that works on their own guns whether it be someone you came to know on the field or in your circle of friends. Or test your mechanical ability.
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Hey, if you want you can give me the money next time I see you and I'll take it to airsoft gi. Its about 30 min from my house, so next time I go airsofting, let me know if you want me to.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:25 pm

That sounds good Creed. I might take you up on that offer bud Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

gun repairs ToT Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun repairs ToT   gun repairs ToT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gun repairs ToT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: General Airsoft Discussion-
Jump to: