Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

battery connectors wobble?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

battery connectors wobble? Empty
PostSubject: battery connectors wobble?   battery connectors wobble? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:45 am

I got a battery from ASGI and found that the wires inside the connectors wobble(like the exposed wires)
is that normal or is there a DIY? or should I report to the RMA at ASGI on returning it
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: battery connectors wobble?   battery connectors wobble? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 pm

There really isn't much you can do. If it works, it works. If not just get new connectors. Might as well switch to deans if your going to replace one. (connectors are better bought in bulk than individually ^-^)
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: battery connectors wobble?   battery connectors wobble? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:59 pm

well my mp5 is already whatever the generic one is, any good sites to show how to install?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: battery connectors wobble?   battery connectors wobble? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Not really because tamiyas (standard Chinese connectors for anything) do wobble by nature.

I usually get my connectors from my local hobby town/fry electronics. Or I can order them from all-battery.com or cheapbatterypacks.com. And of course ask your local airsoft store, more specifically their technical guy if he/she can order you anything.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: battery connectors wobble?   battery connectors wobble? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:26 pm

ok, I'll try the battery out during a game and if it fails, what is the advantage of a deans connector, and what are the prices?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: battery connectors wobble?   battery connectors wobble? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:36 pm

white wolf wrote:
ok, I'll try the battery out during a game and if it fails, what is the advantage of a deans connector, and what are the prices?

Deans have a lower ohms resistance (against current) because the connector prongs are gold plated and it costs anywhere from $2-3 for a male and female pair.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: battery connectors wobble?   battery connectors wobble? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:04 pm

and so then would you need a new connector for all batteries and guns if you change to deans?(noob question)
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: battery connectors wobble?   battery connectors wobble? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:41 pm

You'd need a pair of connectors for every gun-battery combination you wanted to upgrade. And if one gun has two batteries, each of the batteries will need a connector. I wouldn't bother ordering in bulk if you only need a couple of them. Just try your local hardware or electronics store.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: battery connectors wobble?   battery connectors wobble? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:02 pm

k I'll get some eventually, and I guess the wobble is fixed somwhat from charging

lock requested
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: battery connectors wobble?   battery connectors wobble? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

battery connectors wobble?
Page 1 of 1