Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

land mines, clamores......

Go down 
+3
Zane
iliveforthis99
bboy.snow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bboy.snow
Private
Private

land mines, clamores...... Empty
PostSubject: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:53 pm

hi guys just wanting to know whether anyone here has a airsoft land mine or a claymore.
if so how good are they, are they worth the money you pay for one?
thanks.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:29 pm

Like grenades they're pretty much all a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Yeah thier pretty useless...if you realy want some you can make em out of rat traps for 10-20 bucks, theres videos on youtube.

You can also make em remote by using a small servo.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:56 pm

I've gotta disagree on the grenades...Mike, myself, and others that I skirm with have fielded the Tornado frag and Thunder B flashbang with great results.
I'm incredibly impressed by their performance and effectiveness (I was skeptical at first).

As many people have said, however, the Tornado is useless on soft ground because it doesnt disperse properly...needs to be used indoors.
The Thunder B's are great for CQB as well if they are used under EBR-R rules. Otherwise they're just there to make loud noises.
My only dislike is that the canisters are not reusable. But they're cheap, so who cares!

But any stationary device like a claymore or landmine IS completely and utterly...useless.
Back to top Go down
esiewertjr
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Has anyone ever gotten hurt by one of those easter egg grenades? I'd love to find a way to make those without the firecracker so I don't have to carry a lighter with me. Also where can I find dummy grenades to make these? Thanks!

Also my 2 cents on Mines and Claymores.... Mines I guess are just more for show... kinda cool to show 'em off in front of friends but I don't see any real reason for mines. Claymores can be cool I suppose, if your stealthy and ballsy enough to plant one by say, an enemy bunker entrance or something.

I could see why they'd be useful if you were a sniper and planted a couple hidden ones that you could keep an eye on and detonate from afar when opposition gets close enough to them. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:06 pm

esiewertjr wrote:
Has anyone ever gotten hurt by one of those easter egg grenades? I'd love to find a way to make those without the firecracker so I don't have to carry a lighter with me. Also where can I find dummy grenades to make these? Thanks!

Also my 2 cents on Mines and Claymores.... Mines I guess are just more for show... kinda cool to show 'em off in front of friends but I don't see any real reason for mines. Claymores can be cool I suppose, if your stealthy and ballsy enough to plant one by say, an enemy bunker entrance or something.

I could see why they'd be useful if you were a sniper and planted a couple hidden ones that you could keep an eye on and detonate from afar when opposition gets close enough to them. *shrugs*

Do not, I repeat, do not...make/use/or endorse the use of easter egg grenades or other homemade airsoft explosives of any kind.
Imagine hundreds of plastic shards and bb bits flying at your mouth/eyes/neck...not fun.

A simple homemade 'grenade' can quickly turn into a pipe bomb.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:46 am

Easter egg grenades actually aren't as dangerous as that. The plastic shrapnel from the egg is usually limited to a few large pieces that don't travel very far and do not travel with enough speed to inflict any type of wound. Nor do the BB's fracture and spray splinters all over the place.

I've tested and used easter egg grenades, they really aren't as great as they seem to be. Everything tends to stay near the blast area by maybe a foot or two making them impractical anyway.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:17 pm

i hate claymores, i had one go off in my face almost as i was setting it up. the airsoft mines are very delicate and i wouldn't recommend them to new players.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:53 pm

iliveforthis99 wrote:
Easter egg grenades actually aren't as dangerous as that. The plastic shrapnel from the egg is usually limited to a few large pieces that don't travel very far and do not travel with enough speed to inflict any type of wound. Nor do the BB's fracture and spray splinters all over the place.

I've tested and used easter egg grenades, they really aren't as great as they seem to be. Everything tends to stay near the blast area by maybe a foot or two making them impractical anyway.

I stand corrected Very Happy
The idea of hard casings and fireworks is scary to me... but if it's proven safe, sounds good by me.
Back to top Go down
esiewertjr
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:09 pm

What kind of trap would be best then? Would there be something that you could use to secure an area. Just kind of a security measure...
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:12 pm

esiewertjr wrote:
What kind of trap would be best then? Would there be something that you could use to secure an area. Just kind of a security measure...
Check out this thread: http://www.airsoftallies.com/general-airsoft-discussion-f3/for-those-of-you-that-can-t-use-pyro-sor-just-don-t-have-any-t4022.htm?highlight=pyro
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:

The idea of hard casings and fireworks is scary to me... but if it's proven safe, sounds good by me.

Haha maybe not proven 100% but just from what i've seen there are no little bits of plastic shrapnel whistling through the air capable of doing any serious injury to a human body (assuming they're wearing eye protection). I've stood right next to easter egg grenades and other then a little ringing of the ears i only caught a smattering of BB's traveling very slowly. Honestly i believe you'd feel it more if someone threw the BB's and pieces of egg at you.

All that said i wouldn't recommend playing around with them. Firecrackers can be very dangerous if handled incorrectly and lets just say are not exactly designed to be used this way. Besides as i said before easter egg grenades don't work as well as you'd think they would, the egg prevents most of the force of the "explosion" from throwing the BB's very far or with enough speed that someone would actually feel getting hit.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
iliveforthis99 wrote:

I think this all depends on the type of explosive you're using.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:19 pm

We've used firecrackers and M80's in easter egg grenades and various other experimental grenades. Never had a problem other some shenanigans by immature adults. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: land mines, clamores......   land mines, clamores...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

land mines, clamores......
Page 1 of 1