Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

When is airsoft fps too high?

Go down 
+4
iliveforthis99
c0mr4d3
Spl. Durkee
75thRangerxx
8 posters
AuthorMessage
75thRangerxx
Private
Private

When is airsoft fps too high? Empty
PostSubject: When is airsoft fps too high?   When is airsoft fps too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:17 am

Hey y'all, I'm a newbie airsoft player that is considering buying an automatic airsoft gun for around $160. The only problem is the 420 fps. I'm just wondering, is this too high? I have heard about sites that only allow a certain limit of fps, and I would just like to know. Thank you to all who help!
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: When is airsoft fps too high?   When is airsoft fps too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:20 am

Depends on where you're playing.

Many fields have a 400 FPS cap on AEG's...many have 350 FPS caps.
I wouldnt go more than 400 for that reason.
Back to top Go down
c0mr4d3
Sergeant
Sergeant
c0mr4d3

PostSubject: Re: When is airsoft fps too high?   When is airsoft fps too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:21 am

Yeah can you post a link for the gun so we can check it out?
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: When is airsoft fps too high?   When is airsoft fps too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:32 am

It really depends on the field rules (not all fields have the same fps rules) or who you're playing with at an outlaw game. Anything much above 450fps though on an AEG in my book is a little excessive and probably shouldn't be done unless the gun is modded to semi only like a DMR.

Personally though 420fps is no big deal, my KWA shoots around 415 and a few other guys i play with have guns going 380-400 as well and we play both field and CQB with them.

But like i said there is no standard FPS limit here in the states like what paintball has (300fps). Your best option would be to ask what the limit is at the place or places you'll be playing at is and then trim or buy a new spring to change the FPS of the gun so it'll be field legal.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: When is airsoft fps too high?   When is airsoft fps too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:12 am

Stick to heavier BBs and you should be okay.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: When is airsoft fps too high?   When is airsoft fps too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:42 am

As some of the other esteemed Forum members have stated, 400 is normaly the Limit for most Playing fields for AEG´s, some do make compensations for the different roles and types of guns, Sniper, Sniper support, MG´s and so on, also depending on the type of game, open woodland, CQB/CQC, Trench, ASLARP, True Mil-sim.

I would reccomend that you check out your local playing field restrictions first, then make adjustments from there. You may also want to check to see if they have reserved days for Players with thier own Load Out, some fields drop all restrictions on `` Reserved Days ´´.

Don´t get caught up in the trap of trying to slip through the rules by using heavy weight BB´s during Chroning, a field might let you slip through, but if you get called for a `` Hot Gun ´´, you will be re-chroned with .20g, then you are S.O.L., and will be labeled a Cheater or Highlander.
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

PostSubject: Re: When is airsoft fps too high?   When is airsoft fps too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:34 pm

or you can play just to shoot the *watch your language* out of each other and find the highest FPS you can get haha

400 is perfect for pretty much anywhere except for CQB places that only want like 350
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: When is airsoft fps too high?   When is airsoft fps too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:50 pm

don't do anything untill YOU KNOW YOUR FIELD limits
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is airsoft fps too high?   When is airsoft fps too high? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When is airsoft fps too high?
Page 1 of 1