Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

gearbox problem

Go down 
+2
MetallicAirsoft
NoNeed2Hate
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:37 pm

ok, so i just received my new gearbox in the male. im almost finished switching it out with my old gearbox, buuuutttt the fuse/battery wires will not connect as my new gearbox has two female connectors. while the wiring has only a male and a female connector... what do i do? here is a pic of my problem.

gearbox problem Dsc04915

so what do i do? help me! ToT
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:58 pm

I suggest you either take the wiring from your old gearbox and switching them or buying new wiring.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:29 pm

crop the extra female...solder a new male and heat shrink. And you can use the male connector from the other gearbox. OR you can replace that connection all together with a different m/f pair connector...just getting the gearbox out will be a bear.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:46 pm

i don't have anything to solder it together though... is there any other way? i don't want to open the gearbox to replace the wiring...
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:58 pm

You don't need to take anything apart, just cut one of the extra female wires close to the connector and replace that connector with a male one from your old gearbox. Invest in a soldering iron. They're cheap and useful.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:45 am

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
i don't have anything to solder it together though... is there any other way? i don't want to open the gearbox to replace the wiring...

No you NEED a soldering iron for this job...and for just about any job that involves wiring / rewiring your AEG.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:20 am

roger that. then i will have to invest in one i suppose. thanks for the help guys. you are always reliable Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:37 am

Are you gonna use a fuse in it?
Tell me you are!
Last time I went to pendelton a kids ak blew up in his face!
GUESS WHAT NO FUSE
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:42 am

ummm i already have a fuse in there. unless the fuse is burned out it should work perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Ok I misread your post, never mind.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:59 pm

I would replace it with one of a higer voltage rating....just an idea.

If you don't have anyshrink wrap, some LIQUID electrical tape should work.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:43 pm

so when i solder it together should i put some electrical tape over the soldering point?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:42 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
so when i solder it together should i put some electrical tape over the soldering point?

To do it properly, you need shrink tubing. which is pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:07 pm

ah ok, i have a question, the wire from the old gearbox is a much smaller gauge then then then batter/fuse wires. will this present a problem when soldering it together?

UPDATE! i fixed it! i soldered it together. but ran into some problems with my motor ( i lost the small metal disk for the motor, but replaced it with something of the same size)
now its shooting again. im so happy! im so excited! i love myself! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

gearbox problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox problem   gearbox problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gearbox problem
Page 1 of 1