Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Yet another one (sorry durkee)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

Yet another one (sorry durkee) Empty
PostSubject: Yet another one (sorry durkee)   Yet another one (sorry durkee) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:34 pm

So, I've posted a couple of these before, but now I have narrowed it down to jut a couple choices.

Choice 1: UTG MK96. Upgradable, ASGI sells it with a scope and bipod, and it supposedly shoots great out of the box.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=2128

Choice 2: UTG M324s gen 5. like the look, comes with scope and bipod, shoots good out of the box.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=1365

Choice 3: Echo 1 ASR. Low price allowing me to buy other equipment, supposedly shoots great out of the box, might be upgradeable ( it supposedly can take the same parts as the MK96, but it could damage the gun) Con: I'll have to buy a scope separately.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=6572

So what do you guys think? If I buy the MK96, I'll have a good performing stock gun, and one that I won't have to upgrade to get accuracy and range. But if I buy the ASR, then I'll be able to buy a side arm, accessories, and probably upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one (sorry durkee)   Yet another one (sorry durkee) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:42 pm

Since none of us have any experiance with the ASR and first hand knowledge is super limited...I would suggest the MK96 since its popular and upgradable and sturdy...Although the ASR is new, unique, modern...
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one (sorry durkee)   Yet another one (sorry durkee) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:53 pm

Ok, then. Looks like it's the MK96. I like the look, ive had good success with UTG in the past, and it comes with a scope and bipod. And now, for my sidearm, I was thinking MK23. Gas powered, non blowback so it saves money, i already have a propane converter so I'm not spending a bunch of money on gas, and it's silenced, so...... Me likey.

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-YP-SOCOM-USP.htm
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one (sorry durkee)   Yet another one (sorry durkee) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:57 pm

The silencer is fake, any suppressor is illegal unless you have a Class III weapons license and then only if your area allows them.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one (sorry durkee)   Yet another one (sorry durkee) Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:02 am

Well, from what i've heard, it actually does silence it. It's either that one or the KP23. The silencer/barrel extender actually extends the inner barrel as well, so it increases range and accuracy. 42 bucks on ASGI.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4016
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one (sorry durkee)   Yet another one (sorry durkee) Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:35 pm

I still wouldnt want to buy a MK23 or any of its variants because they are very similar to Desert Eagles in that they are large and blocky so finding a holster to fit them is difficult. Also when having to hold them for a longer time its very tirering(sp)
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one (sorry durkee)   Yet another one (sorry durkee) Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:06 pm

I've owned the very same pistol and I didn't like it. Too big, not so accurate, 100% plastic internals. Save up $30-some more dollars and you'd have a nice Full Metal Gas Blowback M9
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one (sorry durkee)   Yet another one (sorry durkee) Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:04 pm

Eh, not a big fan of the M9. The grip has always just been weird for me. My friend is trying to convince me to buy an AEG, and I'm actually starting to lean a little bit towards it. I'd probably buy one as my back-up, though. Any thoughts? ( yeah, I know. I'm indecisive. I guess it's because i still have to wait two months for my birthday to buy anything.)
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one (sorry durkee)   Yet another one (sorry durkee) Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:33 pm

My friend has now convinced me to buy an AEG, so I'm buying one. Most likely a Cyma AK-105. Had good results with Cyma in the past, and I love the look of it, plus I can get a set of BDUs, some good BBs, maybe a scope of some kind. Thanks guys for all your help, sorry for any/all the trouble I've caused.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one (sorry durkee)   Yet another one (sorry durkee) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet another one (sorry durkee)
Page 1 of 1