Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Questions about airsoft teams

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Accordion man
Corporal
Corporal
Accordion man

Questions about airsoft teams Empty
PostSubject: Questions about airsoft teams   Questions about airsoft teams Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Hello. Sorry for any spelling mistakes, the computer's keyboard I'm using doesn't want to react.

So some mates and I were thinking we would start an airsoft team together. now I would like to know what to start on first. example:
whether to make sure everyone has a certain sidearm or to start working on the uniform and patches first.

I think next time I see them I will tell them that I am starting the team. also 2 or 3 (going to call one. He had 800$ to spend on airsoft last time I checked.) have little clear plastic springers. any ideas on some cheaper AEGS I could buy for myself but when they came let them use them? Lets see... I will probably have... 4 Standard Infantrymen and 1 or 2 DM's (I possibly being one) and possibly I might buy a JG BAR 10 and become a sniper.

any thoughts, recommedations for practices, tactics, choosing roles and other things ar wlcomeed and thanked.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Questions about airsoft teams   Questions about airsoft teams Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:50 pm

I would start with everyone everyone getting field experience more than anything. It sounds like allot of these people are "newer" to airsoft. Really get them into the game first, then worry about organizing the team.

-------

Uniforms are typically the only thing that team members share...find something and buy from the same retailer. Many of them have bulk deals where you will get a substantial discount buying en masse. Sit down, look at your environment, and decide what the best is for your needs.

-------

Whatever replicas you are using, make sure they have a set magazine style. Its best to have either all M4-style or all AK-style (or G36, etc...) so you can share magazines.

Example of a "compatible" team loadout...
Riflemen: M4 Carbine
DM's: M16 DMR
Pointman: M4 CQB-R

-------

As for the cheap AEG's, look at the Cyma and Echo-1 "affordable lines".
Go to ASGI and search by price.

------

Practice in the sense of drilling or PT is not really needed...the best practice is just playing.
Get some scrimmages together, practice tactical advances and retreats, learn proper communication, maybe invest in radios and learn proper radio use, practice shooting on the move, etc...

We have a topic on that somewhere around here, I'll go look for it...will link you.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Questions about airsoft teams   Questions about airsoft teams Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:24 pm

To back up Spl Durkee,

Identify the direction you want to go.....
Speed/Fun Games,
Mil-Sim,
ASLARP,
Backyard Blasting and so on.............

Build on it from there, remember AS is supposed to be fun for all, the PT, Battle Drills, Ham Hunts tho they do build friendships and can be a great way to spend an afternoon, they have the tendancy to get carried away, before you know it there will be a minimum on the APFT, Battle Books, and a Go or NoGo rating on Land Nav, and when you get to this point you have crossed over into the Paramilitary.

Keep it simple, Play as often as you can whenever you can, with whoever you can, it dosnīt matter if the opponent is better, better equiped, better organized, learn from the experiance, build up the contacts, and the good reputation.

If and when you get large enough, plan other activities outside of AirSoft, have a BBQ, go Caving, Climbing, Camping anything else, just not Airsoft, have a good time, blow off some stress, use the time to air out differences ( in a Friendly way ), it sounds screwy, but you will be a better Team later on.

Donīt be afraid to make mistakes, we all do it. Just learn from them, and improve. Teams are always popping up like weeds, few have the staying power to be around more than 1 or 2 seasons, and the ones that do, do more than just AS together.
Back to top Go down
Accordion man
Corporal
Corporal
Accordion man

PostSubject: Re: Questions about airsoft teams   Questions about airsoft teams Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Alright... I'm taking everything said into consideration. Currently I am away but I'll talk to one of my friends over the phone if I get home soon enough, we'll probably figure out ranks and such, however he is the one that gives faulty insight... Oh well.

anyway the M4 system I'm considering buying for part of my team (note: I kind of want them all to be the same type of gun because the 3 are brothers).
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_211&products_id=27599

and I haven't quite figured out BDU's yet but the one I ordered was:
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_147&products_id=24542
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_147&products_id=24546
and planning on just getting a camo T-shirt and a boonie hat to add onto that.

I haven't talked to anyone about it yet but I think I might name the team:
The Jehere
since I am part Norwegian and Jehere means Hunters in Norwegian.

now I have some questions:
as far as chest rigs go should I have my Riflemen have a similar rig but only slight variations on the players or should I have each have one custom built for his exact playing style (which might get pretty spendy)

and also, Sidearms should I eletric or gas, for the newer players (note I will probably wait a while untiil I do finally buy those guns and possibly sidearms.) so for the team so far its mad out of 4 rifleman 1-2 DM's and 1-0 Sniper.

or I could do this: 2 Riflemen 2 Pointmen 1-2 DM's 1-0 Sniper

also possibly I could take an M4 attach a some RIS rails a PQ box a box mag and bipod and have a Support role filled out.

so... getting into the BDU's and rigs...our uniforms will probably be of the same type that I ordered but we'll see. I was thinking of this vest for the DM's and Riflemen.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_165&products_id=28494
also possibly this for the DM's and Riflemen
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_596&products_id=29653
maybe the pointmen could have this MOLLE system with some mag pouches and such.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_165&products_id=29610

alright. I think thats enough for now. charging my phone so I can talk to one of my friends later. But for right now I think I'm gonna play Fur Elise on my accordion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Questions about airsoft teams   Questions about airsoft teams Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:48 pm

slob212 wrote:
If and when you get large enough, plan other activities outside of AirSoft, have a BBQ, go Caving, Climbing, Camping anything else, just not Airsoft, have a good time, blow off some stress, use the time to air out differences ( in a Friendly way ), it sounds screwy, but you will be a better Team later on.

Donīt be afraid to make mistakes, we all do it. Just learn from them, and improve. Teams are always popping up like weeds, few have the staying power to be around more than 1 or 2 seasons, and the ones that do, do more than just AS together.

That is THE most important part of any successful team. I'm ashamed that I didn't think to post that.

Success in the sense of airsoft is not "being the 'best'"...or "having the best gear"...or "being the most organized"...its the fun you have and the bond you share with your teammates.

Last year my team of 4 years broke up because the majority of our members headed off to college or higher callings. My experiences with them made up for a large percentage of my memories of adolescence, from skirming in the LA mountains to our annual rafting trip in Kern river...the people I called teammates were naturally made my best friends. And it wasn't just airsoft, really airsoft was just the mode of "recruitment" to the group. Airsofters are, by nature...trustworthy, sporting, and fair...the kind of traits any high adventure group wants, regardless of what they're doing.

Life's and adventure, don't want to spend it doing the same thing over and over. With a good team, you get to spend it doing different things with the people you enjoy doing them with...

So the moral of the story is: do more than just airsoft.
Organize a group that will help it's members grow as an outdoorsman, sportsman, and of course...an airsoft players.

...and have fun!

Gotta say, Slob... yours was the best post I've ever seen in this forum. Sad
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Questions about airsoft teams   Questions about airsoft teams Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Accordion man wrote:
Alright... I'm taking everything said into consideration. Currently I am away but I'll talk to one of my friends over the phone if I get home soon enough, we'll probably figure out ranks and such, however he is the one that gives faulty insight... Oh well.

anyway the M4 system I'm considering buying for part of my team (note: I kind of want them all to be the same type of gun because the 3 are brothers).
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_211&products_id=27599

and I haven't quite figured out BDU's yet but the one I ordered was:
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_147&products_id=24542
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_147&products_id=24546
and planning on just getting a camo T-shirt and a boonie hat to add onto that.

I haven't talked to anyone about it yet but I think I might name the team:
The Jehere
since I am part Norwegian and Jehere means Hunters in Norwegian.

now I have some questions:
as far as chest rigs go should I have my Riflemen have a similar rig but only slight variations on the players or should I have each have one custom built for his exact playing style (which might get pretty spendy)

and also, Sidearms should I eletric or gas, for the newer players (note I will probably wait a while untiil I do finally buy those guns and possibly sidearms.) so for the team so far its mad out of 4 rifleman 1-2 DM's and 1-0 Sniper.

or I could do this: 2 Riflemen 2 Pointmen 1-2 DM's 1-0 Sniper

also possibly I could take an M4 attach a some RIS rails a PQ box a box mag and bipod and have a Support role filled out.

so... getting into the BDU's and rigs...our uniforms will probably be of the same type that I ordered but we'll see. I was thinking of this vest for the DM's and Riflemen.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_165&products_id=28494
also possibly this for the DM's and Riflemen
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_596&products_id=29653
maybe the pointmen could have this MOLLE system with some mag pouches and such.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_165&products_id=29610

alright. I think thats enough for now. charging my phone so I can talk to one of my friends later. But for right now I think I'm gonna play Fur Elise on my accordion Very Happy

I'd hold back on ranks...having all players on the same "level" will suppress the feeling of being a subordinate, and thats just no fun.

I like the team name. Will check out your links when I get home...the security system here blocks Evike.

As for the M4 to fill a support role...I wouldn't do it. Many fields wont even allow it.
Try and look into the A&K or Echo-1 M249...or other squad automatic weapon. I believe they can run with M4 magazines (correct me if I'm wrong).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about airsoft teams   Questions about airsoft teams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions about airsoft teams
Page 1 of 1