Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

silencing an l96

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

silencing an l96 Empty
PostSubject: silencing an l96   silencing an l96 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:00 pm

anyone know how to make an l96 quieter? I tried a few things and I think it just made it louder. confused
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

silencing an l96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: silencing an l96   silencing an l96 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:39 pm

What kind of L96?
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

silencing an l96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: silencing an l96   silencing an l96 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:46 pm

scilencer, heard of some one on the fourm using a foam..... forgot who though
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

silencing an l96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: silencing an l96   silencing an l96 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:12 pm

it's made by well. and yeah, I think I read that article about the guy putting foam inside the hollow parts of the gun stock around the bolt to cut back on the echo. I tried it but it didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

silencing an l96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: silencing an l96   silencing an l96 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:25 pm

A. sniper wrote:
it's made by well. and yeah, I think I read that article about the guy putting foam inside the hollow parts of the gun stock around the bolt to cut back on the echo. I tried it but it didn't work.

Only really works with AEG's in my experiences. But the majority of "new" AEG's run crane or collapsable....so theres really no echo anyway.
Plus foam makes it hard to break down the replica, I made the mistake of doing that with my $300 UTG M4 CQB-R Very Happy

Keep in mind, as cool as a quieting your spring rifle sounds...in some situations it can be illegal.
Working surpressors of any kind are against the law, I'm 99% sure a working supressor on a airsoft replica falls under that category.

May want to get Slob in here...he knows alot in the legal area of airsoft...

Will PM him.
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

silencing an l96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: silencing an l96   silencing an l96 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:38 pm

sounds good, thx. just want to make a point (in case no one notices) that I am in texas. the laws may be a little different here (although I'm not 100% sure about that).
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

silencing an l96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: silencing an l96   silencing an l96 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Youll want some high density fruniture foam, (any foam will work really i just know for a fact that the higher the density, the better) split the stock and stuff that sucker! make sure you take out the lead weights though.

Scilenced L96's look sick, if you can do it, go for it!

In the upper part of the fore stock were the barrel rests if that hollow stuff some foam in it too.

You can do the above with clay also, which work better but it weighs more.
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

silencing an l96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: silencing an l96   silencing an l96 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:11 pm

I didn't have any foam, but I tried tissue paper. it was an epic fail. I did kick butt with my rifle today though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

silencing an l96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: silencing an l96   silencing an l96 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

silencing an l96
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Sniper's Nest :: Sniper Rifle Upgrades/Modifications-
Jump to: