Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Go down 
+5
Tikigirl
sticks.13
Lone Wolf
JamillaTheKilla
Thorax The Impaler
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorax The Impaler
Private
Private

New Member Empty
PostSubject: New Member   New Member Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:17 pm

Hey, im adam from Grand Rapids, MN and I am 17, which you probably could have found out from my profile, but anyway...
I just got into airsoft within the last six months, so you could probably call me a noob. I played paintball a little before getting into airsoft, but it was way too expensive for me. There is not a whole lot of people to play airsoft with around here. I think the largest game I have ever been in has had about eight people. I think I watch airsoft vidoes and look up guns more than I actually play, which is kinda sad.
The airsoft guns I own are a JG G36 and I think a CYMA M14, but im not really sure what brand it is Question . I got it at a local store for half off and all it said on the box was cybergun. If anyone knows what cybergun is please respond. Well thats all I have to say about myself so im out.
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:20 pm

Pfsh....bout time you got on here. Im pretty sure when i get my battery we gotta play and ambush Shon......

Welcome to the site...be sure to study the rules!!! But yeah, we gotta play soon!!
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Its a cybergun M14, cybergun is its own company not CYMA.

Welcome to the forums, practice common sense, and we won't hate you too bad, jk...lol
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:43 pm

Cybergun is an importer, they just re brand guns under their own name. It could be a CYMA but its probably a AGM or a UTG.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Tikigirl
Private
Private
Tikigirl

New Member Empty
PostSubject: New to everything   New Member Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 3:29 am

Okay... So I'm Kisha aka Tikigirl, 17, CO. I joined this site because my friend told me to so I can learn to play. My friends are convincing me to go play and now I really want to go. I love paintball and they say its kind of the same, so I'm for it. I also love snowboarding, riding ATV's and Go Karts (I like to go fast Twisted Evil ). Can't wait for the season to start again!

So moving on to questions...
How does airsofting work? How much does it hurt?

ummm... Rolling Eyes I forgot what else....... Very Happy Oh well.
If you can help me life would be THAT much sweeter, Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kiki_tiki
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:56 am

Fast is good.

Airsoft is not as painfull as paintball because of the surface area of the bb upon impact, though the bb is more dense than a paintball it will sting and leave a dime size welt. Most people though who have guns with a crazy fps try to observe a "bam bam" rule which is within 20 feet instead of firing you say bam, and the sweet thing about that is it is a instant kill as if 100% accurate to the head and conserves ammo. Alot of ammo is actually used up in closer quaters than from across feilds, unless your a support gunner.

As for telling you how a airsoft gun works. That can be described two ways, 1, in a big book, or 2 by acquiring this knowledge from experience like most of us have too. There are several different variations of airsoft guns and the mechanisms that work them...for example, a M4 AEG (auto electric gun) would use a V.2 MB (mechbox). Where as a gun like a AUG or G36C would use a V.3 MB. Best of luck though getting started.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:41 am

Airsoft guns work in different ways but I will get to that later as for the pain if you wear alot of padding it doesn't hurt much or at all . The best way to describe this kind of pain is to get shot by one . I fooled around with paintball guns prior to airsoft and they hurt a lot more than an airsoft bb . Now which brings me to how guns work . The most common iis spring powered springers , mostly sniper rifles , AEG , batter powered guns like the CA AK47 or the CA MP-5 , and green gas , a gas that comes in a tube that sprays into the gun it looks like hairspray and works like it to just don't try to fix your hair with it and light a match , most of these guins are also either machine guns , like the SAW , or sniper rifles , like the JG-Bar 10 . I am a sniper and we are what you will have to look out for . You will probally get hit more by a sniper with in a game than you will anyone ealse . If you are an aspiring sniper try getting a low in cost AEG and spot for a couple of snipers for a few games then you can learn how to be a sniper or who knows instead of buying a sniper rifle you may uprade you aeg or buy a new one all together and become a full time spotter . I fear that my post is becoming boring if you need to know anything ealse just pm me . Hope I was of some help . Welcome to the forums . And what ever you choice have good and safe clean fun in airsoft . Bye .

.......................... Alabama_Sniper ...............................................................
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Bigboyee1992
Private
Private
Bigboyee1992

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Hey, and welcome to the fourm Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/crazypaintballer92
iron59
Private
Private
iron59

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:39 am

Hello! Im Jules from the Philippines..I have been in this sport since 2003.. i was just browsing the net and found this site..Here in the Philippines almost all the games we played is CQB..we play less MILSim..but most tournaments here are CQB..Speed Ball type..I am an M4 lover..i will post some pictures of our weekly skirmishes in the following days..hope it is ok?
Thank You and more Power!!
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:27 pm

Alabama Sniper, you made alot of good points in that post, but the only one I have to dissagree with is padding. For CQB, fine. Up-close Padding, I have nothing to complain about. but anything else, It really isn't neccesary. Just today I faced an L-96 from only about 20 feet away....It was VERY scary, yes, but getting close was neccesary to win. I was only wearing a long-sleeve shirt. Tactical vests DO help pad, but They actually have a use: Carrying supplies. Alot of people wear hoodies and stuff, to help protect and pad there skin, Like M16-A3 did today. But he used it for CONCEALMENT, as he was wearing a white T-shirt. I guess what I am saying here is, is that it's hot enough already, my glasses fog up every two seconds, you don't need to add any more layers of clothing on protection.

Or atleast thats what I think, everybody has there own opinions. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:00 pm

ghille's pad, somewhat.

Really though, even if your playing with 400+ FPS guns in woodland you don't need the slightest mm of padding.

CQB, on most feilds is limited, unless you play in your own building or house...

Lol airsoft in the house, now why haven't i thought about that.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:24 pm

I mean like neck protectors for the jugular vain in the neck , miuth protectors , tactical vest , or chest protectors . BB's hurt but not bad so little padding is needed .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Sponsored content

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1