Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Is it worth it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cowboysfan1041
Private
Private

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:09 am

I was just looking at airsoft sniper rifles and was really getting into the whole sniper concept I was looking at the echo-1 ASR and the
L96 both $115 I asked someone on a website what they think about those guns this is what they said "I'm just going to be 100% honest here - if you buy an airsoft sniper rifle, you're an idiot. I've seen 100's of people asking about them, and no one seems to understand that unless you're willing to spend $1000+ on an airsoft sniper rifle, you might as well buy an AEG. Low end spring sniper rifles are FAR less effective than even mid range AEG's such as JG's and Echo 1's. There's no noticeable difference in accuracy, and contrary to what most new players believe, FPS doesn't matter at all. I've seen a TM M14 shooting at 330 FPS outrange a heavily upgraded L96 shooting at 540 FPS. You, like many other new players, are probably thinking that a sniper rifle will make you "uber 1337" and you'll be nailing people from hundreds of feet away. The reality is that you'll show up to a game, get laughed at like crazy for using a sniper rifle, and then get a face full of BB's from someone who was smart enough to buy an AEG"

Now I have an AEG the cyma Ak-47 but i wanted to give sniping a shot. After reading his comment it was kinda a turn off but is it true what he said???
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:19 am

While that's not ENIRELY true....there is some credibility to it. There really isn't too much differance between AEG and AS sniper rifle accuracy, from my experience...unless there really is several hundred dollars put into it the replica. A lot of players, typically newer players, misunderstand the role of a sniper and how it will really go down. Also, a lot of scopes you will put on your replica won't really help, because the scopes' zoom levels are farther than the Replica's effective range.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:45 pm

cowboysfan1041 wrote:
After reading his comment it was kinda a turn off but is it true what he said???
Yes... plain and simple
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 4:02 pm

if you just run around trying to shoot ppl using AEGs with a sniper rifle, yes, you will get a facefull of bbs. but if you are a true sniper then you will understand the value of a good hiding place and find one. then they won't be able to find you. hence, they won't be able to hit you. hence, you can just pick them off one by one. that's my take on that topic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it worth it?
Page 1 of 1