Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Empty
PostSubject: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 5:17 am

so i picked up an old DBOYS AK74u off of some guy from craigslist for about $100

im really disappointed i bought this thing from him. but im also a little happy Very Happy

here are the problems and what im going to do to fix them, or just what ill fix to begin with

all the mags are complete crap (thats alright since i have a billion AK mags stored for when my red army arises haha)
im going to replace the lower receiver and foldable stock with my boneyard one (its an older version LR so it need to go)
i was cleaning the barrel and lo and behold the barrel popped out of the hop-up unit.
the pistol grip is falling off, so ill need to find a way to fix it
the selector switch is hella rusty, so i'm gonna switch it out
also i have to cut and solder a new connector (current one is a deans connector which i really don't like) and i'll switch it to a tamya mini connector.
i might be bored enough and fix the magazines as well (look inside and their was no bb guide)
i already switched out the magazine release as it was too tight for my CYMA mags
also i need to take a look at the gearbox real quick and maybe switch out the motor (it looks old)

so a lot of work for me to do. but i think this will be a lot of fun.

But as many of you know. i purchased a boneyard dboys ak a few weeks ago. and guess what? the parts are interchangeable! HUZZAH!

so in the end maybe this is just a good chance for me to get some more experience on working on guns

here's a picture of the project Very Happy
DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Dsc05210
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:32 pm

DAAAAMNNN BOOOIIIII!

I'm loving the external stress...looks brilliant.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:44 pm

yes it looks rather brilliant. but its unfortunate AEG aks are not similar to their real steel counterparts. i have switched out everything so far. so i have a new LR on it, as well as a new selector switch, fixed the hop-up and so on.

now. i have to cut and solder on a mini type connector.
will it work to just cut and solder a mini type? (i noticed the deans connector doesn't use a fuse?)
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:31 pm

that thing looks sweet! well, exept for the rusty beat up look, but still, get that thing workin and it'll be pretty cool! I guess that just teaches us all not to buy from craigslist unless we feel like putting some serious work in to make the gun usable. Razz
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:35 pm

no its ok to buy from craigslist. just i didn't give him a lower offer. i just took it for 100 bucks. actually the gun did work. it just had dean connectors. which i can't use ( don't have a charger and don't want to switch everything)
Back to top Go down
theairsoftplayer555
Corporal
Corporal
theairsoftplayer555

PostSubject: Re: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:48 pm

i like it! it looks really realistic with the wood on it but im more excited on what your gonna upgrade it with! deans connecter is pro bro... increases rof
don't solder get this

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=29329

Last edited by theairsoftplayer555 on Mon May 31, 2010 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:50 pm

i finished tinkering with it. so everything looks like its in working order

i think i will have to replace the bucking sometime soon though, but thats no biggie Very Happy

will post pics soon Wink
Back to top Go down
theairsoftplayer555
Corporal
Corporal
theairsoftplayer555

PostSubject: Re: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:53 pm

cool i can't wait!
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:44 am

here are the new pics of the updates!
and in case you didn't read what i did/was going to do.
i put the hop-up back together (it fell apart) using pieces from my old ak hopups
replaced the whole lower receiver, stock, and magazine release with a newer one (old one was rusty and shiny)
replaced the selector switch
soldered the wires so that it has a tamiya connector (before it was a deans connector)
replaced the charging lever (again old one was well.... old)
and various other things
in the future i'll need to replace the bucking, and maybe do some work on the gearbox. but it will suffice as it is now Very Happy
and now for the pics Very Happy
before:
DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Dsc05211
after:
DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Dsc05212
DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Dsc05213
DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Dsc05214
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:09 am

Wow, that baby looks great.
Real wood furniture I assume?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:11 am

oh yeah Very Happy

real wood ftw! Very Happy

and the rate of fire on this thing is sweet Very Happy i have yet to take it out on a test shoot.

EDIT: i will be replacing the tamiya connectors with deans connectors (yet again...)
apparently they are much much better, and then i don't have to deal with finding space for the fuse Very Happy
and also deans connectors have lower resistance, making my battery life much much longer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)   DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DBOYS AK (my new Airsoft Replica)
Page 1 of 1