Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)

Go down 
+5
lonesniper24
sniper_32
Breckton
A. sniper
Spl. Durkee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Empty
PostSubject: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Picture that was posted on Tango-5's forum by "Booker".

Shows all the different camo schemes that were being tested...cool stuff!
As we all know, multicam was chosen...and it looks like it was a good pick based on the picture.

What are your thoughts? I was actually rooting for desert brush...and check out that guy's SCAR! Beauty!

What weapon the guy in the ACU Delta carrying?

From left to right AORII, ACU, Multicam, Desert Brush, ACU Delta, Mirage.
US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Aorii_10
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:44 pm

I like that AORII, mainly because it would work best in the fields I play on.
Back to top Go down
Breckton
Sergeant
Sergeant
Breckton

PostSubject: Re: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Yeah same here
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:20 am

MULTICAM FTW
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:39 am

mc looks like baby poop yet effective. i did hear there was contriversy over desert brush and acu when they did the first switch and DB beat ACU in 8 out of the 10 tests, i forgot the reason why they chose acu but it was stupid.

honestly i think they should drop the universal camo. Its like this Sniper says the DCU works great in his area, i think WL tiger tripes works best in my area, NN2H and his russian camo. The changes are huge no camo will work for all. unless you can become invisible.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:59 am

lonesniper24 wrote:
mc looks like baby poop yet effective. i did hear there was contriversy over desert brush and acu when they did the first switch and DB beat ACU in 8 out of the 10 tests, i forgot the reason why they chose acu but it was stupid.

honestly i think they should drop the universal camo. Its like this Sniper says the DCU works great in his area, i think WL tiger tripes works best in my area, NN2H and his russian camo. The changes are huge no camo will work for all. unless you can become invisible.
In airsoft, I would feel comfortable in a pink bunny suit. Camouflage doesn't really matter much at the ranges that you need to engage the enemy in. The camouflage is best used to make you feel better.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:51 am

SnoSnipe wrote:

In airsoft, I would feel comfortable in a pink bunny suit. Camouflage doesn't really matter much at the ranges that you need to engage the enemy in. The camouflage is best used to make you feel better.

I strongly disagree. Where I play, Camo is very helpful , because remember, you're not always engaging a target in AS. I spend a lot of time creeping with a small squad until we get into a perfect concealed position to fire upon and tag all or most opfor very quickly. I'd like to say we've become quite good at it, but a lot of that is thanks to the camoflague we wear.

I like to make my engagements so perfect that we can disengage and without displacing and the remaining OPFOR still can't determine our exact location.

Of course this doesn't always happen, but the camo sure helps.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:10 am

Ya, I agree with M14.
I have crawled past people in my woodland BDU, its works very well.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:45 am

I have to agree as well. With a good camo pattern that blends into your environment you can be very hard to see and can often be passed by even at close airsoft ranges.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:22 pm

yes, camo is definitely good for more than looks. I've had ppl walk right next to me and not even see me when I was wearing camo. breckton can vouch for that! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Well, maybe it's just because I often play like it's paintball and run in and shot everything that moves. I usually do CQB too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)   US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Army '09-10 Alternate Camouflage Tests (Afganistan)
Page 1 of 1