Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Upgrade part manufacturers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Accordion man
Corporal
Corporal
Accordion man

Upgrade part manufacturers Empty
PostSubject: Upgrade part manufacturers   Upgrade part manufacturers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi, I was thinking about upgrading my G3 probably by either starting with the gears or the piston and piston head. But when I was looking I noticed that there were alot of manufacturers and I didn't know which ones were good and which ones were bad.

So could someone help me out and say which manufacturers are reliable for high performance parts that won't break easily?

Thanks a bunch.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade part manufacturers   Upgrade part manufacturers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:31 pm

From what I understand, Systema, Prometheus, and Mad Bull are the good ones.
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade part manufacturers   Upgrade part manufacturers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Go with mad bull and prometheus. Systema is ridiculously expensive from what I remember.
Back to top Go down
Accordion man
Corporal
Corporal
Accordion man

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade part manufacturers   Upgrade part manufacturers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:02 pm

I was mostly wondering about: Firefly, Guarder, Angel and Firefly.

Also I heard systema had a drop in quality a while back.
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade part manufacturers   Upgrade part manufacturers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Accordion man wrote:
I was mostly wondering about: Firefly, Guarder, Angel and Firefly.

Also I heard systema had a drop in quality a while back.
I have firefly and guarder in my glock. Both work very well.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade part manufacturers   Upgrade part manufacturers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:43 am

All just my humble opinion ( and based on experiance )

For your internals based on the type of tuning you are going to do, ?? G3 Power/Range/Accuracy.................
DeepFire Bearing Bushings ( Kanzen 7mm/8mm cermic are the best, just try finding them)
Piston Deep Fire, full metal tooth( Gear ) rack,
DeepFire Bore Up Nozzle
DeepFire Pro Piston Head, ( V3 Bore up )
Mad Bull Main Spring,
Spring Guide ?? Full metal w/ Bearings
Deep Fire Bore-up Cylinder (Inner Barrel length 450mm - 590mm)
SC CNC Max Torque Plus Gear Set ( better than any other brand on the market )
Systema Magnum Motor w/ Improved Pinion Gear

A cheaper alternatife is to buy a G3 FTK from Deep Fire, runs about 80 $$$, might want to check Red Wolf.

The other brand names offer good parts, FireFly, Guarder, Prometheus ( LayLax )..... but not all their parts are for Power Set ups, I would not use any guarder product above the M120 level. Prometheus makes the besst TB inner barrels, but they are going to cost a small fortune.

As far as Systema goes, their Main Springs, Gears, FTK´s are ok, only if you build for a 10-20% loss in Rated Power out put, i.e. If you buy a Systema M140 FTK, istall it with a M120 Main Spring, otherwise you will be replacing Gears and Pistons almost as fast as you can change magazines.
Back to top Go down
Accordion man
Corporal
Corporal
Accordion man

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade part manufacturers   Upgrade part manufacturers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:11 pm

Ok slob thanks for the advice. I'm really kind of aiming (no pun intended) to make my G3 a even better DMR or if I can get everthing I need a lower FPS Sniper Rifle. Also (just from what I've heard) Pheonix makes really good gears but the cost a pretty penny. And I thought PDI made the best barrels... Anyhow, I'm gonna start lookin in a little bit I have some other stuff to do first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade part manufacturers   Upgrade part manufacturers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgrade part manufacturers
Page 1 of 1