Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)

Go down 
+6
sniper_32
Omega Lambda
NoNeed2Hate
Creed769
Breckton
Warsawwarrior9
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Empty
PostSubject: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Or should I call it something else? Anyone care to help with a name? Currently it has a crane stock on it, but will be replaced with a full stock on the 27th. Also I'm pretty sure a new bi-pod will come this summer, just to complete the look and to add the ease of stabilizing the gun. I put it up against the door to show you the length since I currently don't have a tape measure. I'm going to say it's a good 3 feet + in length.

Anyone have a name for it?

Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) P6190213

Inscribed "WARSAW" on the silencer.
Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) P6190214

The door knob is over 3 feet high on the door, so you can get a visual on how long it is.
Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) P6190215

Started as a G&G Combat machine base, actually the Blazing Hog from Airsoft Gi's Custom guns...
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6266
Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) P6190216

This picture is a bit blurry, but as you can see, the gearbox has that tamiya, instead of a dean's which means I can not fit it into my buffer tube without soldering parts, and I just don't feel up to it
Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) P6190217

The upgrades:
m4 outer barrel extension 24$
JBU 8.25in mock silencer (filled with expanding foam to keep to noise to a minimum) 40$
550mm 6.01 JBU tbb 45$
Leaper's 1" high profile scope rings 10$
Matrix complete m160 gearbox 110$
Matrix long magnum motor 45$

Total = Around 275+ dollars

If anyone wants links to the upgrades, just ask.
Comment please!

Also, I was looking into getting a new body for it and replacing the stock G&G upper and lower reciever, I got the RIS system off (you just unscrew it) (Look at the ASGI link up top for better pics)
But when I get to the barrel, there is a weird ring that the screws go into and it is stuck on the upper receiver up a metal ring that is attached to the outer barrel....
That's alot of words, but I do not know how to get the outer barrel off because of that thing in the way.

Can anyone help?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dancsbt
Breckton
Sergeant
Sergeant
Breckton

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:41 pm

DUDE!!
That looks AWE-SOME!
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Thank you! I am thinking about spraying it tan... But I need some sort of layout for it... What do you think would look good?
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Bertha
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Nice first choice, but when I think of Bertha I think of some overweight old lady that lives in a trailer....
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:17 pm

how about naming her Kim/Kimberly?
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Hah maybe i will wait until I get more acquainted with her before I give her a name...
But what I was referring to the name as in m4/m16, because I know it is no longer an m4... its much to long.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Warsawwarrior9 wrote:
Hah maybe i will wait until I get more acquainted with her before I give her a name...
But what I was referring to the name as in m4/m16, because I know it is no longer an m4... its much to long.
that does indeed look like an m4 ^^
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:15 pm

I'd call it an M4 DMR with that crane stock. Using a linear equation, comparing the designations 4 and 16 with the inner barrel lengths 363 and 509, an AR with a 550mm barrel should be about an M19.4
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:27 pm

bertha is the name of a m60, as far as that rifle i would call it uhh... i'll get back to you on this issue
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Omega Lambda wrote:
I'd call it an M4 DMR with that crane stock. Using a linear equation, comparing the designations 4 and 16 with the inner barrel lengths 363 and 509, an AR with a 550mm barrel should be about an M19.4

Is that how that really works?

Btw can anyone help me with that outer barrel issue?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:22 am

That is one pretty gun. Its like mine, but cooler heheh.
I think I'm going to copy your design.

Why isn't it wired through the crane stock?

Can you link me to to the silencer?
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:15 am

hmm very smexy, just a suggestion, maybe get a strait mag for it like the sr 25 and nam m16s use i think it would add a finishing touch beings its a DMR it will be easier to go prone with it. Another thing that you might want to do is get a larger scope maybe 4x50 8in with low pro mounts.

other then that very sexy.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 2:19 am

I like your idea lonesniper, I always liked the look of those types of mags, maybe once i get my new body kit and pistol I will go for those.
I just got the outer barrel off so no need for any help on that.
And Durkee, the PM is on the way.

It is not wired through the crane stock because the new gearbox I got came with a tamiya connector for the rear wiring and not deans, I did not feel like resoldering deans onto it, plus I got a new 10.8v 3300 mah battery that can fit in a full stock. So I have just decided to leave the wires on the outside of the tube for now, I will not play it this way, the next game I play it in (Next sunday) I will have the full stock installed on it.
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:23 pm

Vera. Name of a big ass rifle in Firefly.
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:21 am

modified CAR15

and the naming of a rifle is a very very personal meaningful matter. No more advice.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 am

Warsawwarrior9 wrote:
Is that how that really works?
Nah, just trying to help come up with a somewhat logical designation.

I should really watch through Firefly again. That was a good series. A shame it never caught on.
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:50 am

I've got the entire series on DVD. But I'm getting off topic again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)   Nearly finished m4    (Lots of pics) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nearly finished m4 (Lots of pics)
Page 1 of 1