Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Hurricane valve question...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Hurricane valve question... Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane valve question...   Hurricane valve question... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Has anybody installed a Hurricane valve in a KWA/KSC of any kind? I am thinking about it with my KSC M9, I believe they have a kit out for it... but regardless, what kind of fps gains have you recieved by putting it in? I have read it normally gives about a 30-40 fps boost. Also, does it create harder blowback or anything else?

Thank you for your response.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
mercenary
Private
Private

Hurricane valve question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane valve question...   Hurricane valve question... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 3:18 am

I know your question is dated Feb, but for the sake of a reply:

If you are talking about the high-flow valves for gas pistols/rifles, yes it gives a higher fps output, by how much? I am not familiar though.. However, the number of shots you will be able to make would be reduced as more gas will be used (we are talking about green gas right?). If you compare a stock valve vs a high-flow valve you will notice that the hole on the side is wider/bigger. hence, it is just a matter of modifying your stock valve (include the 0-rings).. Most likely by using your trusty rotary tool (dremel)...

You may also want to consider upgrading your barrel to a tighter one (6.00, 6.01mm) as this will also increase your fps.. A local guy in my location who mfrs barrels would usually say 20-30fps increase from his product but I also heard him before say that it was more like 50fps. I guess he was just giving a conservative figure to his clients. Effects of higher fps... Your plastic slide will NOT LAST LONG and better to upgrade to a metal slide...

To quote a local team here who specializes in pistol games (members buy pistols in pairs: eg TM hicapa 2pcs, TM Glock 2pcs per person) the best pistols in the market are from tokyo marui and Western arms... The first have fewer parts vs the second but both are highly reliable and durable...
Back to top Go down

Hurricane valve question...
Page 1 of 1