Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Real Firearms

Go down 
+5
Tater
M14 double-taps
ard777
sticks.13
Satan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:37 pm

There have to be at least some of you. I hunt useing archery and rifles I also target shoot rifles archery and pistols. My rifle of choice would have to be my Ruger .270 I also enjoy shooting the Ruger MK2 .22 claiber pistol also the MK1 as for archery my Parker 48 poundage bow suits me fine. I use a tree stand tht ive used in games before (my dad got pissed afterward but it was worth it) how about you guys any hunters or target shooters or ex military/police?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:49 pm

I'm trying to conving my mom to let me get a Rem 700 SPS rig(I also want to drop in a McMillan stock, Harris bipod, and Mk2 glass). Basically I'm trying to make a clone M40a3. It should put me down around 3 grand but itl be worth it. I'm still not sure if I want a .223 or a .308. I'm leaning tword the .223 cause they are soo much cheaper and this is just a plinker.

I really want to hunt. My neighbors are very successful turkey hunters. I'm more of a P-dog kinda guy. Way back I did go squirrel hunting with a Ruger .22 rimfire (semiauto).

Ye thats all I got Smile.

sticks
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:20 pm

I go deer hunting up north with a .243, but since i'm the youngest in our hunting group, I end up with that rifle. My brother was promoted to using a 30-06.. at least i think thats how you spell it out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:48 pm

yea im the youngest my bro is 16 so he goes off on his own with a walkie talkie but i stick with my dad we all have good rifles though my dads i forget the caliber but it shoots 5 miles before it starts to dip into the ground so you can guess tht the recoils high but the 30-06 isn't tht great either my rifles great im the most accurate though but my bro is the more accurate with archery
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 pm

i go all over pennsylvania mostly in 5c (where i live) 3b
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:57 pm

well i also go bird amd turkey hunting with shotguns my turkey gun also happens to be our home defense gun ( were from a bad part of philadelphia so its in our nature also the second year we here someone tried to break in with a shovel but my dad opened the door and he ran)
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:42 pm

I have a Semi-Auto Remington Repeater .22, a Really old Break-Load .20 gauge Remington, A Pump 3-shot (sometimes 5-shot) .20 gauge Remington, another old Semi-Auto "Speedster" (Wierd Company) target .22 pistol, a Bolt-Action Marksman Rifle, which my Grandfather used at Kemper and some other school, and was a Marksman at the head of his glass. I hit a little white water-bottle cap on top of a Cat-Tail (plant) from 180 feet away, second try. Its a .22. And my Dad has a BUNCH more in his basement which I have yet to shoot, Including a VERY expensive 12 gauge Remington Double Barrel...WHOO BOY she is sweet, with very detailed engravings, too.

On another note, I know ALOT about real firearms, I read up on them quite often.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Tater
Private
Private
Tater

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:55 pm

hey same here i love real guns..i don't have but a couple couse mom wont let me buy handguns until im old enough to buy them on my own and besides the guns i want are too expensive to buy for ex. AR-15, Smith & wesson, remington, you know the guns that are really nice but cost $1000.....but the guns i do have are a .20 ga. remington, 12 ga. remington 1100 semi aouto, .308 wincester mag.rifle, another 12 ga. waterfoull, 12 ga. remington deer rifle, 410 single shot, a .22 that im not sure of the brand, 50 cal. in-line muzzleloader, 45 cal. remington muzzleloader with a hezogon barrel, 50 cal. zouave civil war repo muzzleloader, 58 cal. model 1861 U.S. springfield muzzleloader(for civil war reenactments), and a WW2 japanese Arisaka Type 30 rifle i got from my grandpa when he came home from WW2..........but i think thats all that i have...for now
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:37 pm

wow dude, you have quite a collection.....I LOVE older guns, I am a sap for those old flintlock/percussion rifles/pistols from the civil war and the American Revolution....
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
N.O.Saints
Private
Private

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:42 am

I've hunt deer and turkey in Mississippi. I've also been to Africa and hunted a variety of plains game there, and that was so much fun. Hopefully sometime this year I can go hunt black bear.
Back to top Go down
Tater
Private
Private
Tater

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:08 pm

yeah i like older guns too the one gun im working on buying now is a british brown bess flintlock but there like $900 so it might take me a while before i get that..its good to hear somebody else that likes those older guns not many people do..and if they do like older guns there defenition of older guns are from WW2 and up not like mine that are from the rev. war and up
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:22 pm

black bear are awsome there all over here in pennsylvania where i live i seen em all th time i know where they live
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:25 pm

my exact collection of guns are my Ruger .270 the winchester 30-06 and the savage arms (i forget the caliber but it goes 5 miles before it starts to dip) our shotguns forget there names but there both 20 gauges my one friend shoots 10 gauges and there sick knocks him off his feet
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:30 pm

that kinda colection is cool if youve ever been to cabelas they have a gun library with really old stuff my cabelas has a chinese musket thats made of bamboo 12,000$ but its cool to look at it also have a WW2 tommy and a WW1 enfield sniper rifle i would so shoot that i want the old sniper rilfe so badly it comes with its original scope
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:26 pm

I deer hunt with a 4 10 shotgun , and my dad uses a Long Colt , 4 10 conversion pistol to target practice with .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Russ
Corporal
Corporal
Russ

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:34 pm

sticks.13 wrote:
I'm trying to conving my mom to let me get a Rem 700 SPS rig(I also want to drop in a McMillan stock, Harris bipod, and Mk2 glass). Basically I'm trying to make a clone M40a3. It should put me down around 3 grand but itl be worth it. I'm still not sure if I want a .223 or a .308. I'm leaning tword the .223 cause they are soo much cheaper and this is just a plinker.

I really want to hunt. My neighbors are very successful turkey hunters. I'm more of a P-dog kinda guy. Way back I did go squirrel hunting with a Ruger .22 rimfire (semiauto).

Ye thats all I got Smile.

sticks

I don't know if this thread is still active but i just wanted to say to sticks that you should so not do .223 if you ever get the remigton. I can't really say anything from personal experience but i know a lot of people in the military and i know that the .223/5.56 is kinda wimpy. (i know u probably aren't planning on shooting someone but from what i always hear u better be ready to unload a whole mag from a m4 or m16 ect if ur planning on killing someone) I have shot AR-15s and stuff like that, and just look at the bullet, its like a souped-up .22. (btw i have a really old Rem .22 thats a sigle shot bolt action, and i have a romanian wasr 10. u know, the AK-47). but you did say plinking and cheapness, i guess those make sense but i'm just not all that impressed with the .223/5.56 round. also, on a lesser note, come on, its just way cooler to have a high power round like a .308, 30-06, ect. so yeah thats just me. if u want your real gun that you spent so much money on to be like ur airsoft gun, thats fine, lol. jk, but really. .223 is cheap and good for plinking, maybe for training too, but thats about it in my opinion. Have fun and i hope you get it eventually.
Russ

btw, just because i'm only 13, doesnt mean i don't know what i'm talking about Wink

oh yeah and i turn 14 in november so yay!
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:19 am

.223 is frekin squirell rounds.

A good gun to start out when your looking at plinking around with bird rifles is the DPMS 'Sportical' AR-15.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Sponsored content

Real Firearms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Firearms   Real Firearms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real Firearms
Page 1 of 1