Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Radio pouch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Radio pouch Empty
PostSubject: Radio pouch   Radio pouch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm thinking about getting a radio pouch but I'm not sure how to rig up the wires for the mic, can somebody post pics?

Right now the radio is in my left chest pocket which gives protection from BB's with the vest over it. just when I'm prone it changes frequancies to one person not the whole team.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Radio pouch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio pouch   Radio pouch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:41 pm

My suggestion:

Have the radio pouch on your lower back. Run the wires up over your back and over your shoulder onto your head. You could even run it under your vest if you wanted
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Radio pouch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio pouch   Radio pouch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Best placement in my experiences is either on the upper back behind your non-firing shoulder...but I'd recommend on the front of your non-firing shoulder.
Lower back placement will cause interference and can damage the antenna while moving, especially if you have a pack or reservoir.

My personal preference is on my back as it allows for me to fit more pouches on the front and there's nothing to snag my replica on.

But in all reality, there is no set standard or "right way" to place a radio. If you look around at pictures from various nation's, you'll see everyone does it differently.
Some put it on their back behind the shoulder, some put it in the center of their chest, some put it on their pack's webbing, etc...

It's really a matter of personal preference and what works best for you and youre gear set.

Radio pouch 3651374661_57d6135c8d
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Radio pouch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio pouch   Radio pouch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:01 am

Yeah I figured I only got webbing on my back though, I have seen them on the back in games but yeah no wires. I want to keep as much wire under my vest as possible to prevent snags. Since it's a team radio and mic I don't want to buy new ones $50 throat mics plus $120 radios not what I want to put out.

Can you post pics durk? So I can see how you have it?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Radio pouch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio pouch   Radio pouch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 am

Radio pouch Myload10
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Radio pouch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio pouch   Radio pouch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:27 am

I see how that it, i think I'll do it like that thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radio pouch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio pouch   Radio pouch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio pouch
Page 1 of 1