Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Gas blowback: Will it take the lead?

Go down 
+3
DrummerBoyz95
SnoSnipe
Spl. Durkee
7 posters

Do you believe GGB-R's will replace AEG's as the standard airsoft replica?
Yes, GBB-R's will become the "standard" airsoft replicas (explain)
Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Vote_lcap22%Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
No, AEG's will remain on top (explain)
Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Vote_lcap67%Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
No, a system other than gas or electric will take the lead (explain)
Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Vote_lcap11%Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Empty
PostSubject: Gas blowback: Will it take the lead?   Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:25 am

Explain your answer.

I said yes.

It seems now more than ever, any airsoft company worth it's salt has a gas blowback rifle in production or await a release date. This area of airsoft used to be proliferated by replicas out of reach for the average airsofter, with prices rocketing past $500 for a standard M4 variant...but all of a sudden, the middle-market companies are stepping up their game and releasing replicas that are affordable and often surpass the $500+ ones in performance and reliability.

I can see gas taking the lead in sales, as well as advancements in the gas we power them with.
Possibly even moving towards more eco-friendly/inert gases?

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Gas blowback: Will it take the lead?   Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:30 am

There are already too many AEGs and not enough companies that know how to make GBBRs.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Gas blowback: Will it take the lead?   Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:38 am

AEGs will be the norm, but I expect to see an increasing amount of GBBRs in the future. Not gonna explain much more because I have a headache and I don't like answering essays that aren't for school.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Gas blowback: Will it take the lead?   Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:23 am

aeg's because gas are useless in the winter months because the gas won't expand
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: Gas blowback: Will it take the lead?   Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:15 am

AEGs will stay but gas guns will rise
I love AEGs but theres just something about GBBRs that gives you a good feeling :0
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Gas blowback: Will it take the lead?   Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:13 am

I agree with most everyone, GBBRs will continue to advance and grow quickly like they have, but gentr made a reat point aboutheir unreliability on high or low temps, and other thongs such as gas shortages, etc.
I see the AEG as Always being the norm.

Atleast for the next hundred years.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Gas blowback: Will it take the lead?   Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Not gbb's but blow back aegs. Most of my active team uses GBB pistols but they suck in winter months when it's 30 degrees out. Recently a team member got the G&G blow back M4/16. To give him the realistic blow back feture but also be able to use it in the cooler months. They may become more popular in warm areas where the weather doesn't drop below 50 degrees but for us players that have a bi polar weather system it's going to be blow back AEG's.

So I agree blow back will rise but a mix of gas and aeg's
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas blowback: Will it take the lead?   Gas blowback: Will it take the lead? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas blowback: Will it take the lead?
Page 1 of 1