Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

When Does School Start For You?

Go down 
+8
Lone Wolf
M14 double-taps
DrummerBoyz95
Wertuk
white wolf
Spl. Durkee
Capt-Crowbar
phredryxun92
12 posters
AuthorMessage
phredryxun92
Sergeant
Sergeant
phredryxun92

When Does School Start For You? Empty
PostSubject: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:26 pm

School starts tomarrow for me. (Aka the 1st) How About you?
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:44 pm

It started last Monday. Today I got an A in art class for drawing a picture of pac-man eating music notes instead of dots. She asked us to draw something about our life, and I drew that. My explanation of it was "I play 4 instruments, and I try to practice but I usually end up getting distracted by video games." she was like "SWEET! YOU GET AN A!"
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:48 pm

High school started 3 weeks ago.
College technically started 2 weeks ago....but classes started this week.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phredryxun92
Sergeant
Sergeant
phredryxun92

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:55 pm

Nice Cpt. Crowbar. And we just moved my bro into college couple weeks ago. At his ROTC thing they kept thinking I was in it because I look and sound so old. Some people think I am in my twenties.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:00 pm

2morrow
ttly need 2 lrn 2 spell again .| .P
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:09 pm

phredryxun92 wrote:
Nice Cpt. Crowbar. And we just moved my bro into college couple weeks ago. At his ROTC thing they kept thinking I was in it because I look and sound so old. Some people think I am in my twenties.

Oh nice. My older brother is a freshman at CSU Fullerton, I'm just at a community college until I finish prerequisites for Loma Linda or CSU's nursing programs.
Would love to do ROTC...your brother is lucky, the program is hard to get into around here cuz it's real competitive (and CA is waaaay overpopulated).

I know we've got people in Middle school in here...and probably a load of HS freshman, just want to stress that learning to take good notes means the difference between pass or fail when you're an upper classman or college student. In my Cultural Anthropology class, the professor stood there and talked for an hour past when we were supposed to end...I went home with nearly 15 pages front and back of notes, half of which I can't read because I was writing so fast trying to keep up hahah.

Enjoy your K-12...because after that, there's nothing stopping a prof from making your life a living \"Watch your language\".
(Though I absolutely love my cultural-anthro class.)

Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:12 pm

I start on Tuesday the 7th Very Happy
Still gotta write one last paper
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:16 pm

...Durkee you're 16 how are you in college

My high school started last monday
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:22 pm

Drummer If I'm not mistaken his age WAS 99, Forum ages aren't always right.
But heeber jeebers guys, I started back on the 17th of August! I'm 3 weeks in!!
Trying DESPERATRELY to squeeze in an AS weekend, but ti no avail.

I have no time between:
~All things school-related
~Hockey
~Working five shifts a week
~Tutor
~Debate/Forensics Team
~GF with a our two year anniversary coming up.

AT CHIUAUA!! (sp?)
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:45 pm

September 29. IMHO it is ridiculous, but w/e. I've gotten my own summer...
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:55 pm

Lawl naw I am 16:

I go to John F. Kennedy Middle College High School...it's an experimental alternative ed school...only about 3,000 students in the entire United States are in a middle college program...

...meaning not only am I enrolled in high school and work on my state required education there, I am also enrolled in a college of my choosing (Norco) and work on a degree, certificate, or prerequisites for a degree. The college courses I take give me high school and I pay absolutely no tuition (woo free ejumicatien).

I can easily get 1 1/2 years worth of college transfer credits with the time I have left (2 years) along with graduating from HS. Many MC students even earn AA or AS degrees before they graduate from high school (won't happen with me cuz I started as a junior).

So yaaaaa.

I'm only taking 3 courses at the college for the Fall semester...cultural anthropology, health sciences for disease prevention, and possibly arabic or american sign language.

Plus 6 classes at JFK
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:58 pm

Oh cool Durkee. Glad to hear you get to go to that thar purty special school.

I'll be going into tech school for a two year program in Industrial Electrical Controls, then transferring into SPSU (Southern Poly State Univ) for the mechatronix (Robotics) Program.

Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Tomorrow :'(
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:32 am

Been working at my 4th semester at college since last Monday. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
Captain
Captain
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Ugh, If anyone hasn't noticed, I have not been able to log in for over a month because of how busy I am. The University of Arkansas is now open for buisness...unfortunatly.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:06 pm

AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken wrote:
Ugh, If anyone hasn't noticed, I have not been able to log in for over a month because of how busy I am. The University of Arkansas is now open for buisness...unfortunatly.

UA...impressive!
Any idea what you want to major in?
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 pm

first day
I LOVE SCHOOL.... I hate it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:59 pm

I hate school more xD
Back to top Go down
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
Captain
Captain
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken wrote:

UA...impressive!
Any idea what you want to major in?
Well kinda, I know for certain I'm gonna major in journalism and/or classical guitar, maybe in law, but thats going out on a very thin limb. Other than that i'm still pickin' and choosin'!
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:06 pm

You can major in an instrument?
Back to top Go down
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
Captain
Captain
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:13 pm

Well I meant to say classical music, my bad. That's just the instrument I play.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Oh. Noice.
Back to top Go down
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
Captain
Captain
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:17 pm

A little side-note: classical guitar is way more fun than playing rock guitar! Trust me, I didn't believe it either till I tried.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Wow, junior college sounds a lot tougher than Running Start. I didn't need to take any classes besides the ones at the college. Basically, I started on an Associate in Arts University/College Transfer (AAUCT) degree as a high school junior, completed it as a high school senior, and the college also gave me a high school diploma because I completed the AAUCT before my high school graduation date. (I wouldn't have graduated high school if I hadn't finished in time.)

There are other ways to do Running Start as well. You can use the college credit to fulfill your native high school's requirements and get a diploma from the high school as well as getting a degree from the college. Or you can just take a few classes at the college to fulfill your HS requirements and get college credit, but no degree. I just decided I wanted to go "all in" and get my diploma from the college instead of my former high school.

UW doesn't start until the 27th. I move in on the 23rd though. Aerospace Engineering is my declared major.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Second week of school and guys already started fighting. Will post about it in the lounge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Does School Start For You?   When Does School Start For You? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Does School Start For You?
Page 1 of 1