Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Team Tactics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:23 am

Basically this is a general topic about working with a team, about what to do and what not to do.
Everyone feel free to join in and add what you believe works or doesn't work

I have a strong belief in muzzle control, threat recognition, trigger control when working with a team
All of these tie together in a good way.

Muzzle Control. The muzzle is basically the front end of your rifle (again, basically! not specifically) Muzzle control is having control of where your muzzle is pointing.
Reason this is important is specifically because of team sweeping (there are more reasons but keeping it to the "team" topic)
It is generally a bad thing to sweep your team mates. (we will just call it a muzzle sweep instead from now on)
First of all, you should never ever point your muzzle at a teammate, reason for this being that you are basically identifying them as a possible threat by pointing your muzzle at them, also that you could accidentally fire upon them making for a very unhappy teammate.

Simple fix: There are two things that can fix this problem and give you better muzzle control.
1. over and down - pointing your muzzle up in the air then bringing it down to bare on target
2. under and up - pointing your muzzle down and bringing it up to bare on target (this is faster in my opinion)
Basically reason for muzzle control is to keep your team mates in the game and your enemies out of it.

Threat Recognition. Identifying who or what is threat, and then taking action as necessary. (muzzle control comes into play as well)
Reason this is important so you shoot the right people.
Say your team splits up, and you turn a corner lo and behold your team is there and you light them up.
Basically being able to tell who is on your team and who isn't.

Simple fix: Take the time to identify the threat, it is only a game after all. I would rather be hit by a threat then light up my team and make them angry towards me.
Don't rely purely on reaction, we have brains.... use them.

Trigger Control.
Maintaining control of the "weapon" in regards to the trigger. Meaning finger off the trigger until ready to fire.
Reason this is important so you shoot the right people (again)
Ties in directly to threat recognition. If there are no threats there is no reason whatsoever for you to have your finger on the trigger, even at the assumption of the threat there is no reason to have your finger on the trigger. Only put your finger on the trigger immediately prior to firing. (after threat recognition of course)
Also this prevents accidental discharge on your teammates in the case that you do accidentally muzzle sweep them.
All it takes is a quick scare, or just a muscle spasm and your are firing away involuntarily

Simple fix: practice putting your finger along the the trigger guard or along the receiver above the trigger guard, try to make a habit of having your finger outside of the trigger guard even when you are just walking around at random

I feel these are all important, especially when working with a team. I honestly feel very uncomfortable when someone muzzle sweeps me, or have their finger on the trigger around me. I work much better with a team when they have better control and discipline over their replicas, no matter how experienced or inexperienced they are. These beliefs apply to both airsoft and real steel shooting.

Feel free to add what you think is important! Smile
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Whoa! Grammar!

Nice thread, NN2H. Though I will say that trigger control is important at all times, not only when working with teammates (as you sort of said).
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:52 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Whoa! Grammar!

Nice thread, NN2H. Though I will say that trigger control is important at all times, not only when working with teammates (as you sort of said).

of course at all times Wink
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:25 am

Don't put your finger on the trigger unless you are 150% sure it is the enemy, and you are ready to fire. Friendly fire sucks.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:42 am

friendly fire does suck espically when you got someone walking next to you finger on the trigger and off safety with the muzzle pointing at your fingers and pulls the trigger then breaks your finger
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:51 am

I have been shot with a 400FPS from 2 feet away in my finger. it only leaves a little blood blister for a few days. doesn't break it.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:45 am

well its what i heard from these airsoft saftey guys at a game who gave a \"Watch your language\" 30min speech ive seen it happened though
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:55 pm

gentry wrote:
well its what i heard from these airsoft saftey guys at a game who gave a "Watch your language" 30min speech ive seen it happened though

maybe if a baby got shot in the finger it would break but not a full grown adult or teenager. regardless, please at what you guys think is important
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:04 pm

yeah man ive seen too many kids pointing at people's head point blank in stuff they should have to sit out or something muzzle control is very important
Back to top Go down
russki308
Private
Private
russki308

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:52 pm

if you used a P.B. gun, yes. airsoft? No.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:19 pm

russki308 wrote:
if you used a P.B. gun, yes. airsoft? No.

Well, we aren't here to talk about differences between paintball or airsoft, or to get off topic~~~
So lets continue on and ad some things to my topic~

I have some to add.

When with a team it is important not to stack up, and to keep spacing so that your team and you don't get taken out in a single burst.

I knew about this already, but when i went to that MOUT training the instructor criticized the marines for stacking up the entire time.
Only time you should stack up with your team is when you are about to room clear.
Back to top Go down
russki308
Private
Private
russki308

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:20 pm

good point. the fact that marines in MOUT training are stacking kinda worries me. kinda bit dumb.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:07 am

russki308 wrote:
good point. the fact that marines in MOUT training are stacking kinda worries me. kinda bit dumb.

Thats basically what i just said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tactics   Team Tactics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Tactics
Page 1 of 1