Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Field sights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZedHead
Private
Private
ZedHead

Field sights Empty
PostSubject: Field sights   Field sights Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:33 am

So I'm looking for a sight for my Airsoft GI A3. I'm the DM of my team, we play field games, mostly medium to long range. I had a sniper with a 4x30 scope, but that was kind of restricted. I want something that will let me aim well enough to reach out and touch somebody, but I will need to see close-ish. Any ideas? And I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on the scope, either.

Much appreciated,
Zedhead
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Field sights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field sights   Field sights Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:46 am

How about an ACOG?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Field sights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field sights   Field sights Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:47 am

Or holosight with magnifier... but those cost a pretty penny. Around ten thousand pennies actually.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Field sights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field sights   Field sights Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:51 am

http://www.weaponblender.com/index.php?productID=1813
Maybe? If you can throw a few more bucks in, I would agree with Drummer.
Back to top Go down
ZedHead
Private
Private
ZedHead

Field sights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field sights   Field sights Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:21 pm

I was looking at an ACOG, but I don't know anything about them. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that might be a crappy product. A point in the right direction would be good.

Much Appreciated,
Zedhead
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Field sights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field sights   Field sights Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:12 am

Don't get a magnifier it's not worth the money and hassle if your the DM. Get some high profile scope mounts that allow you to use your sites. You can still use it at relitivly close ranges and still have magnification for long distances. Plus you won't have to take it off and put it back on.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Field sights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field sights   Field sights Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 am

The holosight with magnification is going to be the best, but an ACOG will be a bit cheaper.

So if you're going ACOG, the one I linked you to or this one are going to be the best in my opinion:
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_182&products_id=31445

Otherwise drummer can link you to a holo+mag setup.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Field sights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field sights   Field sights Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:15 am

Durkee, that ACOG is basically just a red dot. No magnification :\

Get a 551 Holosight; 3x magnifier for a bit less magnification than your current setup.

Or you could get a 30mm red dot with threads and screw on a special 2x magnifier for even less magnification (about half of your current zoom)

Or you could be a pioneer and try out this thing. Red dot sight that includes a 1.5x magnifier for just a small amount of magnification.

From my experience, it's rather pointless for an airsoft gun to have any more than 3x magnification, as you really aren't going to get to situations where more zoom will help you... at all... Besides spotting, but that's what a good ol' pair of 7x50 Bushnell binocs are for.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Field sights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field sights   Field sights Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:33 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Durkee, that ACOG is basically just a red dot. No magnification :\

Get a 551 Holosight; 3x magnifier for a bit less magnification than your current setup.

Or you could get a 30mm red dot with threads and screw on a special 2x magnifier for even less magnification (about half of your current zoom)

Or you could be a pioneer and try out this thing. Red dot sight that includes a 1.5x magnifier for just a small amount of magnification.

From my experience, it's rather pointless for an airsoft gun to have any more than 3x magnification, as you really aren't going to get to situations where more zoom will help you... at all... Besides spotting, but that's what a good ol' pair of 7x50 Bushnell binocs are for.

Oh I didn't realize he wanted magnification really Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ZedHead
Private
Private
ZedHead

Field sights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field sights   Field sights Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Sorry I haven't responded lately, I've been bogged down with school stuff. If it helps, I have an Airsoft GI A3, so you know the capabilities of the gun. I'm sure you guys know more than I do.

I like the 551 Holosight that Drummer put up with the magnifier, the fields that I play on are fairly large, a few dozen acres. Usually my squad is used to hold down important areas, or to take out specific people.

Much Appreciated,
Zedhead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Field sights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field sights   Field sights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Field sights
Page 1 of 1