Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol

Go down 
+7
Breckton
A. sniper
NoNeed2Hate
DrummerBoyz95
M14 double-taps
alexkmmll
Ojtiger57
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ostentatious1
Private
Private
Ostentatious1

Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:31 pm

The KWA M9 PTP also has the lanyard ring (not just the Tac version). Holds 25 rounds.

My issue M9 don't have rails. And that is current issue. The man is not quick on the updates ;/

If you get the railed version you also need to consider your holster choices, as you need a special type if you have rails and/or a light strapped to your gun!

May I refer you to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYQnWDIc51M for all your M9 choosing needs. Pay attention to what he says about paint your own sight dots. Its easy & cheap. I've done it to my real steal front sights for fast acquisition. You can even use photo-luminescent if you want.

If you get the M1911 PTP Mark IV, it holds 14 rounds.

The difference between the M1911 MK1 PTP & M1911 MK3 PTP is that the MK3 has a Ambidextrous thumb safety & Extended Magazine Well.

The MK1 is like the version I was issued (before the poor choice to rid us of .45acp was made), if you want realism.

But you seem to like rails so...

The grips on both 1911's & M9's can be changed - 1911 type has more choices though (as they have been around forever).
Also, the single stack 1911's are narrower than the double stack M9 which may be better for you.
Would someone click that I'm "helpful" of whatever needs to be done as I'm a Private again...
haha
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Ostentatious1 wrote:
The grips on both 1911's & M9's can be changed - 1911 type has more choices though (as they have been around forever
To add on to that - If you're having a hard time finding a grip, slip on a Hogue HandALL for $10.

Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Pa110010
Back to top Go down
Ostentatious1
Private
Private
Ostentatious1

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:55 pm

New Glock's have interchangeable back-straps (like other guns have had for years) so you can adjust them to fit small to large hands.
http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm
I may take the plunge & get a new G29 with Night Sight's (Steel self-illuminating Tritium) - like my old G30 has.
It's been years, the springs getting tired & the Tritium's finally dying!
The G29 is 10m - Even more stopping power than my G30 which is .45acp - never a bad thing.
Wait, am I off topic again?...

Last edited by Ostentatious1 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:56 pm

To Ostentatious1: The M1911 doesn't have the front white dot sight on it. Also, I like the modern Mark IV M1911 more than older versions, link: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=19&products_id=32940 I sort of see a lanyard hold on the M9 PTP, link: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_45_242&products_id=29189 It's very hard to see though I think. I agree with you on the M9 grip, it does look wider compared to the M1911. The only thing is that the M1911 isn't standard issue anymore. Also, is the M1911 I am looking at 1:1 ratio like the M9?
Back to top Go down
Ostentatious1
Private
Private
Ostentatious1

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:20 am

Thanks.
I can't find a picture online of the sights on a MK 4 1911 to show what they look like; but it does looks like a fine "weapon". Just make sure you get a holster that'll fit it, & the light you may strap to it (which would be the reason to get the version with rails) Wink

again, the KWA M9 PTP does have the lanyard ring, if that's a major point for you.
I've only used the ring while doing VBSS though. Other than that, not used.

In general - if you ask me do I prefer the 1911 style to the M9 style well, I think you know my answer if you've read my responses here Wink
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:37 am

All KWA replicas are 1:1 scale. Well pretty much all half-decent airsofts are.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ostentatious1 wrote:
New Glock's have interchangeable back-straps (like other guns have had for years) so you can adjust them to fit small to large hands.
http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm
I may take the plunge & get a new G29 with Night Sight's (Steel self-illuminating Tritium) - like my old G30 has.
It's been years, the springs getting tired & the Tritium's finally dying!
The G29 is 10m - Even more stopping power than my G30 which is .45acp - never a bad thing.
Wait, am I off topic again?...
My picture was my KJW airsoft G32C, just posted to demonstrate the Hogue HandALL if Ojtiger57 can't find an M9 grip he likes. And there are no new Glock airsofts that have the MBS system (or any new Glock airsofts, period). But way off topic man, try to keep it thread-related.
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:49 am

To DrummerBoyz95: I don't mean the grips on the M9 in general I mean the actual handle. If I bought a M9 and the handle was too big I would be sunk and would have to send another gun back to evike.com.

To Ostentatious1: Thanks again. On the M1911 subject, the only thing I see wrong is that they aren't standard issue in the military. I think that is about it for the M1911 other than the "ancient" .45 cal v 9mm debate.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:12 pm

It doesn't matter if they are not standard issue. There are those who carry their own personal sidearm. Standard issue in the way of personal gear doesn't mean much in the military anymore. There are those who go out and buy their own gear quite often i believe. From boots, camo, vests, pouches, knives, body armor, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Camo has to be the standard issue pattern (I think). And other body armors are supposedly difficult to get authorized. Just fyi Smile
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:44 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Camo has to be the standard issue pattern (I think). And other body armors are supposedly difficult to get authorized. Just fyi Smile
not relevant here..... Neutral

if you're woried about not being able to grip the gun well, find someone who has one or both the 1911 and the m9 and try them both in your hand.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:56 pm

A. sniper wrote:
not relevant here..... Neutral
I was replying to ilft99.... silly girl.

But seriously just buy a KWA M9 they're great.
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:14 pm

To A. Sniper: I put said that earlier and the forum and iliveforthis said that deserved a double face palm. Neutral

Well, I think the M9 is what I am probably going to get. I think it looks better than a M1911 and has better sights.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Ojtiger57 wrote:
To A. Sniper: I put said that earlier and the forum and iliveforthis said that deserved a double face palm. Neutral
Yeah, because you were going to go out and shoot the REAL M9 and the REAL 1911. A smart thing to do would be to go to your field and ask to see someone's airsoft M9 and then another person's airsoft 1911 and see which you like more.

Either way I personally think it isn't worth discussing for 6 pages because you haven't played airsoft before.
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Well, I haven't been to a local field so how would I know if someone had a M9? Anyways, I think this forum needs to be closed.

Last edited by Ojtiger57 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:12 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Ojtiger57 wrote:
Yeah, because you were going to go out and shoot the REAL M9 and the REAL 1911. A smart thing to do would be to go to your field and ask to see someone's airsoft M9 and then another person's airsoft 1911 and see which you like more.

Either way I personally think it isn't worth discussing for 6 pages because you haven't played airsoft before.

I agree. This thread is rediculous.
Threadlock?
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:48 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Yes but considering you now have to pretty much buy your own camo it isn't exactly standard issue.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:02 am

iliveforthis99 wrote:
DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Yes but considering you now have to pretty much buy your own camo it isn't exactly standard issue.
I guess that's true, but I'd imagine a Marine would have a hard time getting UCP or NWU approved.
Back to top Go down
Ostentatious1
Private
Private
Ostentatious1

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:01 am

This post is so dead/off topic/ridicules. But HEY, I'll play along.

Here is some info for you all on uniforms, since that's where this is headed.

http://navy-uniform-regulations.com/ all the uniform questions you have (since NWU's were brought up) shall be answered here! Your welcome Smile

All of us sent to the sandbox wear the Type II, otherwise most everyone else wears the blue version NWU.

And they give us an "allowance"/money for uniforms, but it doesn't cover the cost - so we generally spend a bit of our own loot on them.
And also it depends where you are, & who you work for what your allowed to substitute - item wise.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:05 am

At this point, this thread needs to be locked. Im actually amazed that such a simple thread could carry on for 6 pages. Its rediculously off topic. If he needs more info on uniforms, he should first search previous threads to make sure its been covered.
I don't mean this to be disrespectful, but the forum rules really should be obeyed
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:09 am

Thank you Alex. can't lock this section, but please evrybody no more posting here. None. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol   Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matrix / Snow Wolf Full Metal M9 PTP High Power Heavy Weight Gas Blowback Pistol
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4