Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Gerber Knives

Go down 
+9
Ranger94
Breckton
gentry
Spl. Durkee
DrummerBoyz95
iliveforthis99
sticks.13
phredryxun92
NoNeed2Hate
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:51 pm

I just got darn good deal on a gerber knife and multi tool.

I got the gerber paraframe folding knife
for only $25~!~!~!~!~!
and the gerber suspension multi tool Very Happy
for only $30~!~!~!~!~!
what do you guys think about gerber? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quite a deal if i say so myself.
Back to top Go down
phredryxun92
Sergeant
Sergeant
phredryxun92

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:02 pm

I would say that was a good deal. Gerbers are awsome knifes. May I ask where you got them?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:02 pm

I got them at ACE hardware! Apparently ACE really is the place!!! Very Happy >_<
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:20 pm

ACE is awesome. I broke one of my Gerber multitools. I was trying to torque off a bolt with the pliers. It didn't work...

I'm actually not a huge fan of their knives, it really depends on the model though(like any other company). I'm a huge fan of Buck, CRKT, and SOG when it comes to knives. Especially folders.

sticks
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:23 pm

the gerber folder is nice i like it a lot, also the multi tool Very Happy lots of cool features here are some pics i just took
Gerber Knives Dsc06211
Gerber Knives Dsc06212
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Gerbers are pretty good for the price but aren't first choice of knives. I prefer SOG or Cold Steel when it comes to pocket knives. Getting a Boker though for Christmas, can't wait it's the only good thing about Christmas this year.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:40 pm

I used to have a Gerber Para a while ago. $6 at Big 5 Very Happy but I lost it Sad
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Meep, I gots teh new Gerber last weekend in vegas.
Gerber Knives ?ui=2&ik=8d2c99b2a6&view=att&th=12c573b9f0f4e5e7&attid=0
Gerber Knives ?ui=2&ik=8d2c99b2a6&view=att&th=12c573b9f0f4e5e7&attid=0
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:34 pm

when i had my para frame i loved it saved me countless times in situations
cutting paracord for tripwires good ol days i need to get another one
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:13 am

what does the frame actually do besides make it light and look cool? you can use it as a guide i'm assuming?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:42 am

Just to be light and easier to maintain. Lots of manufacturers like to cut holes in the steel to remove an ounce or so of weight. Compared to my other knives my Para was pretty light. I think I'm going to buy another one now and replace my current carry knife.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:18 am

you carry a knife with you? for you EDC?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:23 am

Que es EDC?

I bring along a 3" folder whenever I go out on my own.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:25 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Que es EDC?

I bring along a 3" folder whenever I go out on my own.

EDC = everyday carry. Actually i have been wondering about the legal implications of carrying a knife on me.....
what is legal and what is illegal?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:32 am

"Your lockblade folding knife should have a thumbstud, thumb"hole", thumb "disk" or similar push-thingy, so long as the "thingy" is attached directly to the blade (versus on the grip and linked up via a gearbox of sorts). It should not have a spring that does ALL the opening (yes, the Kershaw Ken Onion series seems to be OK). And finally, the blade needs to have at least some tendency to stay closed in the pocket or whatever bias a "bias towards closure" or "detent" (discussed in more detail later in this chapter).

As long as it's got all that, and the vast majority (including all eight knives discussed at the bottom of this document) do, it cannot be "declared a gravity knife or switchblade" even if you can snap it open with relish Smile. And you can carry it concealed so long as it's concealed in the FULLY closed position, or open-carry if that's your thing (not recommended for BIG stuff, in case you happen on a town with a funky local ordinance or a really cranky cop).

There's no length limit. Seriously Smile."

Source: http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/knifelaw.html
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:39 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
"Your lockblade folding knife should have a thumbstud, thumb"hole", thumb "disk" or similar push-thingy, so long as the "thingy" is attached directly to the blade (versus on the grip and linked up via a gearbox of sorts). It should not have a spring that does ALL the opening (yes, the Kershaw Ken Onion series seems to be OK). And finally, the blade needs to have at least some tendency to stay closed in the pocket or whatever bias a "bias towards closure" or "detent" (discussed in more detail later in this chapter).

As long as it's got all that, and the vast majority (including all eight knives discussed at the bottom of this document) do, it cannot be "declared a gravity knife or switchblade" even if you can snap it open with relish Smile. And you can carry it concealed so long as it's concealed in the FULLY closed position, or open-carry if that's your thing (not recommended for BIG stuff, in case you happen on a town with a funky local ordinance or a really cranky cop).

There's no length limit. Seriously Smile."

Source: http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/knifelaw.html

Awesome, I'm gonna start bring my knife with me then. I was never sure about it. Thanks for clarifying
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:01 am

Any time. Might wanna just read up on the rest of it or any other sections that might pertain to you, especially the "School-carry rules" since you're a teacher.

If you happen to be carrying when you're stopped by a police officer for any reason, make sure to let him know what kind of blade you have on you and where it is on your person before he even searches you. Don't reach for anything unless he asks you to, not even your wallet. But that's a little irrelevant since I doubt you get harassed much by cops Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Breckton
Sergeant
Sergeant
Breckton

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:23 am

Gerber makes pretty nice knives. Personally I prefer Kershaw, but thats just me. I carry it with me wherever I go.
Back to top Go down
Ranger94
Private
Private
Ranger94

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Is the gerber multi tool better than most other multi tools?, I have the folding knife from gerber and none of my other knifes come close to it.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:08 pm

im not sure about the multitool. i tested the pliers out a bit, im worried if i grip it too tight it the handles will invert and break the pliers (doesn't feel sturdy)

the knife is knife, the multitool is soso, lets just say gerber is better known for their actual knives than multi tools
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:56 pm

i still want a SOG
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:42 pm

SOG's are great. I'm still using my Flash 1 that i got maybe 3-4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:31 am

I have only a few knives, but for some reason i want to buy more. They seem like something cool to collect, so far i own just these
Gerber Paraframe
S&W 24-7

all folding knives. but so far the gerber far exceeds my old S&W.

I really want a fixed blade. I think those are just darn sexy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 am

I use to collect knives, now though i only get them for practical reasons. For a fixed blade you should get a Ka-Bar Marine fighting knife. Personally no knife collection is complete without one.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:37 am

iliveforthis99 wrote:
I use to collect knives, now though i only get them for practical reasons. For a fixed blade you should get a Ka-Bar Marine fighting knife. Personally no knife collection is complete without one.
I have definitely been eyeing those. I went on Camp Pendleton. They had one for sale for like 129.99 Very Happy Razz I'll just get one from Reactgear.com for 70 bucks~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gerber Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerber Knives
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next