HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Share | 
 

 barrels

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pujerboy
Private
Private
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: barrels   Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:53 pm

what is with tightbore barrels. could you put the same one that is in one gun into another with no problem? and what type should i get? is tighter better?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gentry
Major
Major
avatar

Posts : 722
Join date : 2010-07-12
Location : virginia

PostSubject: Re: barrels   Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:32 am

yes you can put it in your gun etc. first off what gun do you have, are you a sniper or rifleman, tighter is more accurate but prone to fudging up more often due to its tightness
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
alexkmmll
Major
Major
avatar

Posts : 826
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 20
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: barrels   Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:36 am

Well the better question is what replica are you using, how often do you play airsoft, how well do you maintain your replica, and what kind of accuracy are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
david
Major
Major
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2010-08-09
Age : 105
Location : Northern Aquarium

PostSubject: Re: barrels   Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:32 pm

pujerboy wrote:
what is with tightbore barrels. could you put the same one that is in one gun into another with no problem? and what type should i get? is tighter better?

He's got a Kalash AK47.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gentry
Major
Major
avatar

Posts : 722
Join date : 2010-07-12
Location : virginia

PostSubject: Re: barrels   Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:37 pm

well ilke alex said always out doing me, how much does he play? how much does he clean his gun?
and what kind of accuracy are you looking to get out of?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
david
Major
Major
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2010-08-09
Age : 105
Location : Northern Aquarium

PostSubject: Re: barrels   Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:49 pm

gentry wrote:
well ilke alex said always out doing me, how much does he play? how much does he clean his gun?
and what kind of accuracy are you looking to get out of?

Once or twice a week he plays, I'm not sure how often he cleans his gun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
avatar

Posts : 3897
Join date : 2009-05-13
Age : 21
Location : Ventura County, CA

PostSubject: Re: barrels   Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:05 pm

I'd choose a 6.03, they have better airflow than 6.01s. And longer is better FYI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
david
Major
Major
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2010-08-09
Age : 105
Location : Northern Aquarium

PostSubject: Re: barrels   Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:01 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
I'd choose a 6.03, they have better airflow than 6.01s. And longer is better FYI

I'm getting a 6.01, whats wrong with that? As long as I clean it shouldn't it be fine?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexkmmll
Major
Major
avatar

Posts : 826
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 20
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: barrels   Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Well, see either a 6.01 works, or it doesnt. 6.01 is quite tight around the BB, so the air infront of the BB can sometimes tend to slow it down. A 6.03 is just big enough to reduce that effect without reducing efficiency.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M14 double-taps
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2106
Join date : 2008-07-13
Age : 23
Location : St. Louis, MO

PostSubject: Re: barrels   Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:10 pm

david wrote:
DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
I'd choose a 6.03, they have better airflow than 6.01s. And longer is better FYI

I'm getting a 6.01, whats wrong with that? As long as I clean it shouldn't it be fine?

Even if you clean it, even if you use very good BBs, it's still VERY prone to jamming. Also, airflow is less, as proved my the prestigious Lone Wolf, and can actually decrease accuracy and power.

And trust me, frequent Jams in the field due to a TBB SUCK!!

_________________
When your Team Leader tells you to bring as much ammo and water as you can carry and an extra grenade launcher, you know you're in for some fun.

BAM BAM BAM BAM....*silence*...."\"Watch your language\", Multi-Cam really does dissapear!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
david
Major
Major
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2010-08-09
Age : 105
Location : Northern Aquarium

PostSubject: Re: barrels   Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:12 pm

M14 double-taps wrote:
david wrote:
DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
I'd choose a 6.03, they have better airflow than 6.01s. And longer is better FYI

I'm getting a 6.01, whats wrong with that? As long as I clean it shouldn't it be fine?

Even if you clean it, even if you use very good BBs, it's still VERY prone to jamming. Also, airflow is less, as proved my the prestigious Lone Wolf, and can actually decrease accuracy and power.

And trust me, frequent Jams in the field due to a TBB SUCK!!

Darn! I still need more range, what to do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: barrels   

Back to top Go down
 
barrels
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» BTW,Todd and normal barrels
» Original Bantam barrels
» AJAX Barrels
» Wanted
» Cylinder barrel wear

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: Which Gun?-
Jump to: