Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Will they fit?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey guys, im planning on getting a new plate carrier and some pouches, but being a n00b, im not sure whether or not all of the pouches i plan on purchasing will fit the plate carrier. Shocked Perhaps someone would be so kind as to determine that for me...
This is the plate carrier,
and i plan on buying two of these, and two of these.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Well first, I do own that plate carrier (same color I think) and I think you can do better.
It is very stiff...very loose...and it lacks side realty. I regret buying it (bought for $60, sold for $20)

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:48 pm

I think the 2 smg pouches would just fit on the front, and if you used the back, the two utility pouches would fit. However, the utility pouches would be hard to reach, and would be best just to get a teamate to open/close. I do love my Condor plate carrier with the cummerbund if you are willing to spend a little more.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:58 pm

I don't know that i would be willing to spend any more. I think for now, this plate carrier should be just fine, as long as i can fit all of the pouches. Hopefully they will all be able to fit on the front...
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Its a good rig, but you have to realize how little space it has. Took me 2 years to get mine perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
I don't know that i would be willing to spend any more. I think for now, this plate carrier should be just fine, as long as i can fit all of the pouches. Hopefully they will all be able to fit on the front...
If you manage to get the utility pouches on the front, they will probably a) be in an awkward position, or b) restrict more movement.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Well i was thinking that if i can't fit them both, i can probably get one above the mag pouches, and one on the back.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
Well i was thinking that if i can't fit them both, i can probably get one above the mag pouches, and one on the back.
Well what kind of loadout are you running? A chest rig may be better for your budget and needs.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:56 pm

I think i'll probably just end up going with the OE tech crossdraw vest...
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
I think i'll probably just end up going with the OE tech crossdraw vest...
Meh, I'd move away from that if possible. The OE's have kinda become the symbol for newbiness.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Well, I am a newb... Idk. I probably wont need the holster, seeing as i don't have a respectable pistol. I think i'll probably just go with either that plate carrier, or this, and maybe only get one utility pouch.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Umm.... those utility pouches are Velcro, not MOLLE. So unless you want to buy and sew on Velcro panels, they ain't gon' work.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
Well, I am a newb... Idk. I probably wont need the holster, seeing as i don't have a respectable pistol. I think i'll probably just go with either that plate carrier, or this, and maybe only get one utility pouch.
I feel like I'd be setting you up for failure and disappointment if I were to endorse that.

http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/product/product_id/1802/category_id/209/category_chain/62,209/product_name/7+Pocket+Chest+Rig
http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?productid=19820&TabID=137
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Will they fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will they fit?   Will they fit? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will they fit?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: Clothing/Gear/Accessories-
Jump to: