Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

The true guide to sniping

Go down 
+6
A. sniper
Breckton
DrummerBoyz95
gentry
Spl. Durkee
david
10 posters
AuthorMessage
david
Major
Major
david

The true guide to sniping Empty
PostSubject: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:09 am

I'm upgrading my gr16 r4 into a pimped out DMR but first I need to know some serious sniping skills... suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:21 am

First rule of airsoft sniping: there is no such thing as airsoft sniping.
Second rule of airsoft sniping: do not talk about airsoft sniping unless providing the rules of airsoft sniping.

Other than that, use the forum search function.

http://www.airsoftallies.com/tactics-f36/the-sniping-guide-t423.htm?highlight=sniping
http://www.airsoftallies.com/introduce-yourself-f25/sniping-you-out-t389.htm?highlight=sniping
http://www.airsoftallies.com/general-sniper-discussion-f37/first-time-sniping-t372.htm?highlight=sniping
http://www.airsoftallies.com/general-sniper-discussion-f37/where-to-find-the-sniping-ammo-t672.htm?highlight=sniping
http://www.airsoftallies.com/ask-a-pro-f24/need-some-advice-on-sniping-t1078.htm?highlight=sniping
http://www.airsoftallies.com/general-sniper-discussion-f37/sniping-with-glasses-t1396.htm?highlight=sniping
http://www.airsoftallies.com/general-sniper-discussion-f37/getting-into-the-whole-sniping-thing-mabey-t1830.htm?highlight=sniping
http://www.airsoftallies.com/tactics-f36/the-sniping-guide-t423.htm?highlight=sniping
http://www.airsoftallies.com/tactics-f10/how-do-i-win-in-sniping-t3172.htm?highlight=sniping
http://www.airsoftallies.com/ask-a-pro-f24/sniping-gear-t4743.htm?highlight=sniping
http://www.airsoftallies.com/ask-a-pro-f24/sniping-how-should-i-start-t4792.htm?highlight=sniping
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:08 am

send me a PM and we can talk about the skills and i second that durkee there is such thing as sniping once you get in the range of 300-350 feet (not fps) distance wise
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:06 pm

Yeah like 4/10 new threads that aren't in the lounge are probably about sniping. But of course, 99% of statistics are made up.
Back to top Go down
Breckton
Sergeant
Sergeant
Breckton

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:48 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
But of course, 99% of statistics are made up.
Is that a made up statistic? tongue jk just thought that, that was kinda funny that you showed a statistic about statistics being wrong. Not saying you're wrong or anything just thought I'd point it out.
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:19 pm

thank you, durkee, a non-sniper, posting in a thread about sniping techniques (again). I will not beat a dead horse by arguing with you about the validity of airsoft sniping.

anyways, david, you can pm me for some info if you want. you could use google too, but there is so much false info out there on sniping it's not even funny.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:27 pm

With some of the new advancments comming onto the market, `` AS Sniping ´´, is going to be playing a greater role in well balanced and planned events/games.

New and Stronger Gases, Compressed air Set-ups, better/stronger containment systems, increased BB weights ( well beyond what is now available ).
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:20 pm

I still don't think for the size of most fields, that there can be sniping. DMR, sure.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:21 pm

A. sniper wrote:
thank you, durkee, a non-sniper, posting in a thread about sniping techniques (again). I will not beat a dead horse by arguing with you about the validity of airsoft sniping.

anyways, david, you can pm me for some info if you want. you could use google too, but there is so much false info out there on sniping it's not even funny.

Thanks and I will PM you
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:24 pm

slob212 wrote:
With some of the new advancments comming onto the market, `` AS Sniping ´´, is going to be playing a greater role in well balanced and planned events/games.

New and Stronger Gases, Compressed air Set-ups, better/stronger containment systems, increased BB weights ( well beyond what is now available ).
Most definitely. Can't wait til the advancements can be implemented safely for long-range airsofting.
Then and only then will I respect the airsoft "sniper" beyond their somewhat aesthetic role in mil-sim. Would be a great advancement for the sport.

A. sniper wrote:

Correct, I am not a "sniper"...nor have a claimed to be one since getting past my newbie days (I think everyone goes through a "sniper" phase)...but my opinion still stands as an active airsofter. From a roleplay standpoint, "snipers" really serve more of a storyline purpose than anything (as I said above with Slob)...and any "technique" you're looking for won't align with real-world technique.
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:25 am

Spl. Durkee wrote:
A. sniper wrote:

Correct, I am not a "sniper"...nor have a claimed to be one since getting past my newbie days (I think everyone goes through a "sniper" phase)...but my opinion still stands as an active airsofter. From a roleplay standpoint, "snipers" really serve more of a storyline purpose than anything (as I said above with Slob)...and any "technique" you're looking for won't align with real-world technique.
well of course airsoft sniping techniques won't line up with real world techniques, aside from fieldcraft techniques which are pretty much universal. and I like sniping, thank you very much. deer hunting is one of my favorite activities and it's very similar to sniping (long waiting to maybe get a shot, but the perfect shot is worth the wait). I am extremely fond of those perfect shots, when the opfor doesn't know what hit them, and you watch the bb float squarely into their chest. wonderful feeling. not for everyone, but I love it. and I'm fine with your opinions as an experienced airsofter, but when someone asks for sniping techniques that's what they want, not someone's opinion on the validity of the airsoft sniper.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:54 am

A. sniper wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
A. sniper wrote:

well of course airsoft sniping techniques won't line up with real world techniques, aside from fieldcraft techniques which are pretty much universal. and I like sniping, thank you very much. deer hunting is one of my favorite activities and it's very similar to sniping (long waiting to maybe get a shot, but the perfect shot is worth the wait). I am extremely fond of those perfect shots, when the opfor doesn't know what hit them, and you watch the bb float squarely into their chest. wonderful feeling. not for everyone, but I love it. and I'm fine with your opinions as an experienced airsofter, but when someone asks for sniping techniques that's what they want, not someone's opinion on the validity of the airsoft sniper.
I provided you links and directed you to the forum search function. The topic would have died if nothing further was said Very Happy
Forum = opinion...and a valid one given the topic of discussion (when provided alongside information directly relevant to the original question).

If you'd like some "techniques", I'll give it a shot:
--Snipoerz from far away and stuff.
--Have a cool scope with zoom so you can see the udder dudes from far awwaaay.
--Get a totally awesome ghillie suit and cammmo stuff so nobody can see youz.
--One shot one kill, cuz datz how dey do eet in da militawy.
--When you get sick of it, grab a Cyma and play some airsoft.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:56 am

A. sniper wrote:
deer hunting is one of my favorite activities and it's very similar to sniping (long waiting to maybe get a shot, but the perfect shot is worth the wait).
Except in the real world you don't wear orange hats and the target shoots back Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:07 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
A. sniper wrote:
deer hunting is one of my favorite activities and it's very similar to sniping (long waiting to maybe get a shot, but the perfect shot is worth the wait).
Except in the real world you don't wear orange hats and the target shoots back Rolling Eyes
The true guide to sniping I_love_you_comment_09
No homo*

*ok so a little homo <3
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:11 am

Spl. Durkee wrote:
I provided you links and directed you to the forum search function. The topic would have died if nothing further was said Very Happy
Forum = opinion...and a valid one given the topic of discussion (when provided alongside information directly relevant to the original question).

If you'd like some "techniques", I'll give it a shot:
--Snipoerz from far away and stuff.
--Have a cool scope with zoom so you can see the udder dudes from far awwaaay.
--Get a totally awesome ghillie suit and cammmo stuff so nobody can see youz.
--One shot one kill, cuz datz how dey do eet in da militawy.
--When you get sick of it, grab a Cyma and play some airsoft.

thank you for that wonderful tutorial. scratch but yes, I concurr, you did contribute to the topic.

@drummerboyz
I said very similar, not exactly the same. and it's not "the real world" it's airsoft. deerhunting is more real than airsoft (real gun, real death). and I don't wear an orange hat hunting because I hunt on private property.
ah like mah camo thank ye very much!

spl. durkee wrote:
The true guide to sniping I_love_you_comment_09
No homo*

*ok so a little homo <3
woah, easy there durkee! Laughing
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:56 pm

When you said "sniping" I figured you meant... sniping. As in real.
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Durkee... there is a line that you shouldn't cross... but in all seriousness durkee is right. Sniping in AS isn't true sniping. I would stick with more of a DM role rather than snip0r ghillez stuff.
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:46 pm

THERE IS NO SNIPING. THERE IS NO SNIPER RIFLE. THERE IS NO ARGUMENT.
1.) I want one of you "snipers" to show me a field over a mile long that you have to sit in a building and hit someone from more than 200feet away. Also, please tell me how you have the TIME to do that, other than maybe HUGE ops.
2.) There may be rifles modeled after a real life "sniper rifle" or "marksman rifle" but they have the same range as an AEG, not like real life, thus it brings it down to a spring replica.
3.) Those are the FACTS. You cannot be a SNIPER in airsoft, wanna know why? BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TRAINING TO BE A MARKSMAN, YOU don't HAVE A REAL SPOTTER, YOU don't HAVE A REAL SPOTTER SCOPE, YOU don't HAVE THE RANGE.

Thank you,
Love you all

AND THANK YOU DURKEE FOR TRYING TO fricKING expLain THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 pm

While I agree that the Sniper roll is blown wayy out of proportion by the media and that most new players try it and quit, I've played with more than a few effective "Snipers" that really aided our team...I mean a lot.
One guy with a TM PSG1 with upgrades out the arse. He had a spotter, who, after he called targets, the Sniper would "Neutralize". I can honestley tell you he placed six perfect hits in under 4 minutes. I moved on so I didn't get to see him play anymore after this.

Another at my field, a kid probably my age, I've seen several times. A very respected player, I once saw him let 10 targets safety kill him when he had a clear shot on several of them because he didn't want to engage within the minimum engagement distance. Now this guy, he uses a BAR10 with minimal/no upgrades, and while he may not always be making the perfect shots and hitting tons of players, when he's around you feel Good. He's just a solid player. I've met up with him twice during gameplay one time in particular deep in the brush near the enemy spawn. We nearly shot thi crap out of eachother, luckily he's got a cool head and I kept mine for once. I was sporting my noisy Thompson, and we were trying to get into a good support position to support our teams main assault on the final objective (a box of "Steel Diamonds") however there were a few enemy stragglers we had to take out SILENTLY to get there. My AEG couldn't accomplish this. His BAR10, after maybe 2-3 shots on each target, could. So while he wasn't that UBER 1 SHOT 1 KILL sniper, he was still a huge asset to our team; that support position helped A LOT.
Just for funzies, I'll even mention he pulled his spring pistol and managed two Hits with that. (One confirmed, one Un Comfirmed)

So I feel like we bash the Sniper role....just a tad too much.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm

i use my m14 and before i had that id pick off there medic then pick them off one by one, it was me vs like 6 people who all had full auto's basically what i did was shoot one wait for the medic shoot the medic go to a different position and just take em 1 by 1
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:38 pm

I'm sure we don't mean to come off as dicks about it, but it is frustrating when you have to talk down people repeatedly based on your own experiences, the experience of teamates, friends, and forum members (interwebz friendzies!). If dressing up in a ghillie suit and running around with a "sniper rifle" replica is how you get your kicks, by all means go ahead. I don't mean to generalize, as some airsoft "snipers" do manage to pull their weight and perform as functioning members of society, but that is not the case with the majority of these "snipers". From the POV of someone who went through the gung-ho "sniper" phase (not too long ago actually), I can tell you that it may not be what you think it will be, or what you are led to believe it is. I deeeeeply suggest getting a semi-auto/full auto or semi-only (M16/M4/M110/G3/etc.) designated marksman rifle. That way, you can still have the capabilities to fill the role of what you could see as a "sniper"...without giving up the ability to field your replica in an "assault rifle" layout for when you get tired of the role or just need a break in the pace.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:13 am

All good points. That's what I was looking for.
I didn't fully disagre wit y'all, just felt we were to strong-minded on the subject, myself included sometimes, because yes it can be aggravating.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:55 pm

the main advantage a sniper replica has over an aeg is how quiet it is (illustrated by doubletaps' story of the bar10 kid). also, fields usually set a much higher fps limit on sniper rifles than they do aeg, hence, an upgraded sniper rifle often can outrange an aeg. and when I say sniper in reference to airsoft, I am not refering to real sniping. I am refering to it in it's airsoft form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The true guide to sniping   The true guide to sniping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The true guide to sniping
Page 1 of 1