Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

2 things (glove and store)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

2 things (glove and store)  Empty
PostSubject: 2 things (glove and store)    2 things (glove and store)  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:55 pm

does anyone have a review for these http://www.lapolicegear.com/5farogl.html or 5.11 tactical?
and has anyone bought from the website before (I know someone has, tried to remember who)
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: 2 things (glove and store)    2 things (glove and store)  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Can vouch for 5.11...amazing retailer and manufacturer. It's where the "real guys" are buying from (and where I'm getting my PMC loadout).
The gloves will probably not be good for casual play...as their palms are REALLY thick leather (so you don't tear up your hands when repelling).

I own a similar set of rope gloves from Blackhawk and their a little stiff. I use them when I climb but they really numbs your grip so you can't really get a feel for how much pressure your backhand is putting on the rope. Definitely a learning curve. But maybe 5.11's are better.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2 things (glove and store)    2 things (glove and store)  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:20 pm

I was looking at them, mainly because our local field has a major part where its only accessible by climbing / <high angle of attack) so I figured they may work (should have added this to my first post)

so my 3 main questions:
if I use these, would they make good main gloves, or would I have to switch after climbing
2: good deal for money?
3: is the site good? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: 2 things (glove and store)    2 things (glove and store)  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:38 pm

white wolf wrote:
so my 3 main questions:
1: if I use these, would they make good main gloves, or would I have to switch after climbing
2: good deal for money?
3: is the site good? Very Happy

1: No. They are generally uncomfortable. Rope gloves are meant to protect against the heat of the rope sliding through your hand, they do not provide impact protection or grip. They are very thick and full finger articulation is obstructed.

2: Great price, but that's arbitrary Very Happy

3: LAPoliceGear was recommended to me multiple times. Seems like a great vendor.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2 things (glove and store)    2 things (glove and store)  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:46 pm

k, thank you
so change of gloves
how bout:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tac-a2-gloves.html ???
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: 2 things (glove and store)    2 things (glove and store)  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Ya those should be perfect what what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 things (glove and store)    2 things (glove and store)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 things (glove and store)
Page 1 of 1