Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Need a little help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
Captain
Captain
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken

Need a little help Empty
PostSubject: Need a little help   Need a little help Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:07 am

Greetings once again, comrades!

The topic of armored warfare has intrigued me, as of late, and I have begun further research of it. However, I have had significant difficulty satisfying my interest. So far, I have developed a pretty good understanding of armored tactics and strategies past the brigade level, but when it comes down to tank platoon and even individual tank tactics, I've got nothing.

Anyone know of any good books or maybe even websites that would satisfy a young military geek who doesn't have the balls to actually enlist and would properly \"Watch your language\" his pants if he was ever shot at, like myself? On a side note, I'd prefer modern armored tactics, say, 1980's and up.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Need a little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a little help   Need a little help Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:34 am

Check out Harold Coyle, the Tom Clancy of Small Unit Tactics of Armor, IMHO some of his best books,

1, The Ten Thousand
2, Trial by Fire
3, Bright Star
4, Team Yankee
5, Sword Point

Enjoy Wink
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

Need a little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a little help   Need a little help Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:23 am

Yes, I concur. Team Yankee is an excellent book. You must read them, they really make you feel like your in the story.
Back to top Go down
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
Captain
Captain
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken

Need a little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a little help   Need a little help Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Awesome, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need a little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a little help   Need a little help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a little help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: The Lounge-
Jump to: