Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

No wounder the US is...

Go down 
+9
SnoSnipe
slob212
Creed769
phredryxun92
alexkmmll
iliveforthis99
DrummerBoyz95
Wertuk
lonesniper24
13 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

No wounder the US is... Empty
PostSubject: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Seen as idiots. If any of you have been whatching politic channels MSNBC FOX and so on. Have you noticed our reps keep saying "clip" instead of "magazine" I mean most understand the differance but still. If our reps can't even be politically correct when speeking to the masses it shows how we show the world.

When it comes to laws, if they simply put no extended "clips" then this will happen again because of a major differance.

I don't mean to start any arguments over politics.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:30 pm

lonesniper24 wrote:
No wounder the US is...

*Faceknife*
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Wertuk wrote:
lonesniper24 wrote:
No wounder the US is...

*Faceknife*
*Facegrenade*
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Smile

Yeah i keep getting mad and scream at them that it's a mag not clip. But hey most Americans are pretty stupid, i saw that abundantly today at work.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:40 am

I'd even go as far to say ALL Americans are stupid. We haven't really done anything besides figuring out how to make/spend mass quantities of money, generally speaking.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:19 am

Well, I think that the average american is actually incredibly smart with so much knowledge at our fingertips. The issue is that americans are so extremely ignorant that we tend to dismiss opportunities and such without second thought.
I myself am multitalented with an interest in history, science, engineering, and anything with explosions (currently researching Pulse Jet Engines, I mean, why not!?!) Yet, I get average grades in school. Why? Cuz Im so \"Watch your language\" lazy and ignorant I don't wanna do anything.
Back to top Go down
phredryxun92
Sergeant
Sergeant
phredryxun92

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:49 am

Yes this has been bothering me so much lately. I just facpalm everytime I hear it. Why can't politiications us pollitcally correct terms?
(sorry for sp on IE)
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Who cares. Instead of being so politically correct why not do something that matters.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Quote :
I'd even go as far to say ALL Americans are stupid.

I would not go so far as to say Stupid, I would say Apathetic, and so infexted with apathy that it has made the general population ignorant of everything around then and to the decisions that are being made in their names that afeect every aspect of their daily lives.

Quote :
Instead of being so politically correct why not do something that matters.

There it is !!
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:19 am

I do a lot of real gun shooting, and even very experienced shooters call magazines clips. It is mostly airsofters who even care a little bit.
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:37 am

alexkmmll wrote:
Well, I think that the average american is actually incredibly smart with so much knowledge at our fingertips. The issue is that americans are so extremely ignorant that we tend to dismiss opportunities and such without second thought.
I myself am multitalented with an interest in history, science, engineering, and anything with explosions (currently researching Pulse Jet Engines, I mean, why not!?!) Yet, I get average grades in school. Why? Cuz Im so "Watch your language" lazy and ignorant I don't wanna do anything.

Not trying to piggyback off of your post but that sounds a lot like me too lol
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:04 am

No, you're just ignorant.
*ahem* MJ
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:51 am

SnoSnipe wrote:
I do a lot of real gun shooting, and even very experienced shooters call magazines clips. It is mostly airsofters who even care a little bit.
In my time shooting, I've maybe only heard someone get corrected for saying "clip" once or twice. Airsofting is an entirely different story. So many airsofters think they know what they're doing and saying...but are so horribly mislead by popular culture (\"Watch your language\" you Call of Duty) that their grasp on reality is a frail one. In that situation, you kinda feel obligated to slap them in the face and tell them they have no idea what they're talking about, mostly for the sake of humiliating them out of stupidity. Though pretentiousness and ignorance are scars on the face of the airsoft world that we will probably have to live with as long as the sport exists.

I mean, it gets on my nerves when people say it when shooting "real guns"...but it's one of those things that'll cause me to jump on the guy next to me at the range or even say anything at all...because I understand what he meant and I respect that the two word's individual meanings have become blurry to the majority, even experienced shooters.

As far as the wording on legal documents...the federal assault weapons ban clearly says detachable magazines. The feds aren't THAT stupid. In the legal sense of the words, there is a defined difference that is widely accepted. The only "loophole" you could ever hope to find in the AWB is the bit about grenade launchers, in that you can get around it by buying launchers designated as "flare launchers"...in the same way you can buy bongs if they're designated as tobacco pipes or hookahs (or just move to California) Twisted Evil

As far as media is concerned...it's not their jobs to be politically correct, per say, but rather to just be correct. I'd rather be scared out of my mind over what I see on the news because I'm hearing the facts than be fed bullshit and feel falsely satisfied with the world. In that sense, I agree with you. Don't trust anything you see on the news until you've seen it with your own eyes. Question everything. Your government, the media, your own ideals.

Americans are smart. But they are also ignorant. It takes more than knowledge to understand what is important in life and what isn't. I think that is the primary problem.
It's nearing the point of valuing the things in life over life itself.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:57 am

Clip vs. Magazine is not an issue of being politically correct, but factually correct. Alas, I digress.
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 am

heres the thing do you honestly expect some politician to know the difference? and are yall really arguing and complaining over this?

Individuals are smart, People in mass are ignorant. Especially the mob of the media.

Back to top Go down
Breckton
Sergeant
Sergeant
Breckton

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:49 am

Sanguinary Angel wrote:
heres the thing do you honestly expect some politician to know the difference? and are yall really arguing and complaining over this?

Individuals are smart, People in mass are ignorant. Especially the mob of the media.

BOOM!
I mean they are pretty close to the same thing. They both hold bullets, and I couldn't care less about what somebody calls it as long as it fits in my gun and works.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 am

Breckton wrote:
Sanguinary Angel wrote:

BOOM!
I mean they are pretty close to the same thing. They both hold bullets, and I couldn't care less about what somebody calls it as long as it fits in my gun and works.

Well Im sorry to tell ya buddy, but its not really like a clip and a magazine are exchangable xD
Back to top Go down
Breckton
Sergeant
Sergeant
Breckton

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:27 pm

alexkmmll wrote:
Breckton wrote:
Sanguinary Angel wrote:

BOOM!

Well Im sorry to tell ya buddy, but its not really like a clip and a magazine are exchangable xD
Thanks buddy, but I knew that and thats not my point. My point is, why does it matter so much for them to be called a mag when a clip is, not the same, but pretty close. All I'm saying is that I don't really care which one people call it, as long as it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No wounder the US is...   No wounder the US is... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No wounder the US is...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: The Lounge-
Jump to: