Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

A question from a friend...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

A question from a friend... Empty
PostSubject: A question from a friend...   A question from a friend... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Alright, so my friend's birthday is coming up and he's getting an upgrade from his CYMA AK. He has narrowed it down to basically 2 guns and he asked for my help choosing. The 2 choices are an ASGI G4-A3 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_302&products_id=5120 or an A&K G300 long version http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_164&products_id=4802
I recommended the G4A3, but what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: A question from a friend...   A question from a friend... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Definately G4A3
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: A question from a friend...   A question from a friend... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Between the two there really isn't any major difference in reliability and overall performance...but the FPS difference may be the selling point.
Do you attend fields with designated FPS limits? If so, the A&K may be too hot.

I've had great experiences with both brands. My all-time favorite AEG was my A&K SR-25...which more than likely has the same gearbox as the one you're looking at.

Keep in mind that the G4 series at ASGI are all limited-manufacture...it may very well be that the G4-A3 will remain out of stock. Email em and get an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

PostSubject: Re: A question from a friend...   A question from a friend... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:35 pm

Alright thanks.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: A question from a friend...   A question from a friend... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Buddy of mine has that A&K. It's pretty good, but the wiring isn't great and the externals need maintenance. I'd recommend the A&K plus a buffer tube and M4 stock. Everything else is pretty nice though.
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

PostSubject: Re: A question from a friend...   A question from a friend... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Ok thanks for your help guys, he ended up choosing the A&K, I'll let him know about the buffer tube recommendation as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question from a friend...   A question from a friend... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question from a friend...
Page 1 of 1