Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Airsoft Gear

Go down 
+2
Alabama_Sniper
USAirsofter36
6 posters
AuthorMessage
USAirsofter36
Private
Private
USAirsofter36

Airsoft Gear Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft Gear   Airsoft Gear Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:27 pm

What airsoft gear should I buy first. I already have a gun and glasses so what should I get next?
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Airsoft Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear   Airsoft Gear Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:50 pm

A 3-D camo jacket , vest , bdu's or realtree , mossy oak , or redhead camoflage , and steel toe boots .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Airsoft Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear   Airsoft Gear Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:57 pm

a sidearm, maybe? what gun do you have?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Airsoft Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear   Airsoft Gear Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Gear not guns , although he may have meant sidearms as well .
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Airsoft Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear   Airsoft Gear Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:55 pm

Try full seal goggles. There like $20-$220 depending on the price you would pay for sight.

Try more mags(MAG brand mags are the best bang for your buck), and a good tactical vest. Anything from Phantom/Pantac will last forever if well maintained. Most of their vests are in the $60 range. A radio would be nice, if you could get a mic(preferably a boom mic) that would be best. As A_S pointed out, Camo is a must.

Mothguards are the second most important gear items in my arsenal(they sit behind full seal gogles).

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Airsoft Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear   Airsoft Gear Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:48 am

Soooo got your gun and glasses now we want to start looking cool on the playing field Very Happy , why not, that is also part of playing the game.

Things to keep in mind,

First and before everything else, Don´t go cheap on your safty gear !!
Use quality glasses, a tooth can be replaced, but not an Eye !!

The rest of your TAC Gear is all based on where and what kind of games you play, If you play in the woods the Desert Camo will be a disadvantage.
A TAC VEST is a must, sooner or later you are going to need places to store and carry all the things you need to play for long periods of time. MAGS, Ammo, Akku´s, Water/Food, ect,ect, just stuffing that stuff into your shirt or pants pockets just dosn´t cut it. When choosing a Vest you should look at what king of games you play or want to play, Fun/Speed Games, Real/MIL-Sims, Re-enactment and so on. Nothing funnier than seeing the `` OH SO COOL !!´´ looking player that is fully equiped with Original everything, Helm, Mollie Vest ( with all the Pouches and ballistic plates ), Goggles, Camel Back, Bayonet, 20 Magazines, Boots, Radio with throat mike, NVG´s,Gloves,Uniform, this player looks great standing there, but check him/her out after 2 hours of playing, No Vest, Uniform soaked through with sweat, player laying on back sucking wind, Camel back Empty and he/she can´t go on any more.

My recomendation, K.I.S.S., Keep It Simple and Stupid to start with, a Light Tac Vest, Good Boots, gloves, and later as you get more experianced in the sport/hobby you can and more than likley will change your equipment to fit your style of playing. Just because somebody LOOKS GOOD, dosn´t mean he/she can PLAY GOOD. you will see with time that there are way to many `` Posers´´ in the game.
Back to top Go down
USAirsofter36
Private
Private
USAirsofter36

Airsoft Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear   Airsoft Gear Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:06 pm

thanks for all the advice.
Are there any places to get good vests, boots and gloves?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Airsoft Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear   Airsoft Gear Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 3:25 am

to start with, check out your local Army surplus store, and most Airsoft handlers carry a full range of Tac gear, then there is always E-Bay. start small find out what works for you then go from there, have Fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Airsoft Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear   Airsoft Gear Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:22 am

I reccommend this site I don't believe I forgot about it earlier ,

www.gr8gear.com

We get dog tags from here but they have great stuff here for airsoft .
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

Airsoft Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear   Airsoft Gear Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 3:32 pm

I use BDU"S and tac vest with cross draw holster, also a back pack with ghillie, my boots, and a
hat and safty glasses, no camel back because it gets to heavy.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
Sponsored content

Airsoft Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear   Airsoft Gear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft Gear
Page 1 of 1