Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

USA Anarchy

Go down 
+7
Insane Mercc
DrummerBoyz95
Spl. Durkee
white wolf
iliveforthis99
Sanguinary Angel
NoNeed2Hate
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

USA Anarchy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:39 pm

The shutdown won't affect me in any way because I got my passport back four days ago, so I'm all set! Very Happy

But really, iliveforthis is right, not much is going to happen unless you're packing up to go to a state park or other government-run/funded facility.

Also, Creed, no offense, but you're the first Californian I've ever "met" who wasn't a liberal Democrat. Seriously, EVERYBODY I know from there is.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:41 pm

br55ftw wrote:
Also, Creed, no offense, but you're the first Californian I've ever "met" who wasn't a liberal Democrat. Seriously, EVERYBODY I know from there is.
I'm pretty sure he's more liberal then anyone here...just tries to put on that devil's advocate conservative mask to get attention.
I know his kind, it's more common then you'd think. They're like the hipsters of the political world..."democracy is sooooo mainstream"

It's hard to believe that anyone would CHOOSE to actually believe some of that stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
br55ftw wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's more liberal then anyone here...just tries to put on that devil's advocate conservative mask to get attention.

Oh. Well I wouldn't know, considering I haven't been on for months, and never really felt "involved" here.

But on topic, why are we shutting down in the first place? Is it because we can't control our spending, or what?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:02 pm

br55ftw wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
br55ftw wrote:

Oh. Well I wouldn't know, considering I haven't been on for months, and never really felt "involved" here.

But on topic, why are we shutting down in the first place? Is it because we can't control our spending, or what?
There was a law passed in the 1800's I want to say...that states that if we haven't agreed on a fiscal budget by a certain point, the government must "shut down" non-essential programs. It's not so much that we "run out" of money, it's mainly a precaution and warning that we WILL run out of money soon. Problem is, alot of these "non-essential" programs ARE essential. We avoided it this time, but it could have been bad.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:42 pm

I read somewhere (maybe it was here) that the shutdown has been avoided and we are ok for at least a while longer.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:47 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
I read somewhere (maybe it was here) that the shutdown has been avoided and we are ok for at least a while longer.
Yeah you read it here. I posted last night saying they made a vote and we're not shutting down. Bummer.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Semi-unrelated but I don't want to start another thread/revive an old one:

My friend who is a Navy Hospital Corpsman recently said he is going to Libya, but I haven't confirmed it yet. He could be joking/lying but I have seen recent news posts stating that our military is thinking about sending guys over... so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:10 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Semi-unrelated but I don't want to start another thread/revive an old one:

My friend who is a Navy Hospital Corpsman recently said he is going to Libya, but I haven't confirmed it yet. He could be joking/lying but I have seen recent news posts stating that our military is thinking about sending guys over... so yeah.
I brought this up a week or so ago after talking to a man in Misratah via Skype. There have been multiple deployments of specifically Marine units from US mainland bases.
BBC got ahold of one of the ship commanders, but he declined to say exactly what they plan to do in the region. They are amphibious assault ships, so it does raise question.

The commander said something along the lines of "I don't make policy, I just follow it". Kinda...well not kinda...it's REALLY shady.

Basically though, yes...we are sending infantry, armor, and other ground support units to the coast of Libya. What their purpose is, I have no clue.
I'm confident that we will have boots in Libya at some point. It's just unavoidable with the way we handled it. We've made it necessary.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:58 am

In that case I'm guessing that we will be in there for at least a couple years trying to patch it up.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 3:07 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
In that case I'm guessing that we will be in there for at least a couple years trying to patch it up.
Yuppers. You can't just destroy a nation's government and expect it to regenerate a new one. There will be a void left behind and different groups will be fighting to fill it.
We're going to create a civil war...then we're going to invade them.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:25 pm

EASY on the politics fellas...come on atleast attempt to show that you've read the Banner. I had to delete a FEW that were wayy too political...I'm all for the discussion though.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USA Anarchy   USA Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USA Anarchy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: The Lounge-
Jump to: