Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
Captain
Captain
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken

Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM Empty
PostSubject: Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM   Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Privet, comrades.
Recently, I have encountered a problem with one of my back-up replicas (Echo 1 Red Star AKM) that has baffled me to the point of breaking my rock-solid stubbornness and asking for help.

When I discharge about five to ten rounds, it just stops firing completely. I have to shake it for a minute or two for it to work again, but the problem persists after firing another burst. It generates a soft whirring noise as if it's battery is dead, and using a different battery doesn't work. Changing the fuse also did not help.

I stripped the gun down to it's internals at least three or four times, and carefully checked to see if there were any breaks in the wiring or if the gearbox was messed up... No dice. The motor appears fine, too. I've tried just about everything!

I'm pretty experienced with AEG internals, but I've never run into anything like this before. Any advice? I really don't have the money to bring it to the shop at the moment...
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM   Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:05 am

Elaborate the whirring noise...my top two guesses were a stripped gear/motor issue, or wiring.
But it looks like youve covered those two
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM   Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:27 am

random idea, but could it overheat, or somehow the motor skip out of position (unlikely) scratch
Back to top Go down
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
Captain
Captain
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM   Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:45 pm

I suppose I might just have to take it in for repairs...

Say goodbye to $50 put of my pocket Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM   Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need assistance with Echo 1 AKM
Page 1 of 1