Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Help with starting a team

Go down 
+10
Sniper004
Insane Mercc
elementfrvr
killyouno5
socal46
TheJim
Lone Wolf
Alabama_Sniper
slob212
pasniper21
14 posters
AuthorMessage
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

Help with starting a team Empty
PostSubject: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:36 pm

I have rounded up 7 other airsofters from my school and founded a team. Our first "meeting" is next Saturday. Since were all 13 there not real serious about it and only half of them have decent guns. I did get them into pairs which i think would work well considering we will have a small team. Any suggestions on what to expect, different tatics, or how to keep them focused?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:16 pm

Not to make this sound like boot camp or anything,

Get them working together, through differnt scenarios, set up as much game/training time as possible, donīt go passing blame if things should go wrong in a game. Show the players that are out there will low level guns that they can be just as effective as somebody with a high dollar gun when everybody works together.

In your meetings keep them focused,

Where do you want to go with the Team, Just friendly play with the guys, go up against other teams......?

Do you want the team to be larger?

Equipment, what kind ?

Passing on of new information, or just team internal information ?

Make sure that politics donīt become part of your team, nothing will destroy a team faster then when players start to get the feeling that some are working against everybody else.

Set up some kind of Command structure, somebody has to lead the team, give it direction, keep it on the right track.

Assistant
Secratary
Treasurer, if you are going to be collecting dues, lets say for a team Party at the end of the year.

A team can get out of control real fast, be ready for it.
Back to top Go down
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Ok thanks. I think i want to keep it small at least until i get a good system down. There are a few local teams i have sechuled to play. I have broken the pairs into designated roles. Such as a Sniper team, Marskman team, and 2 medic/assualt teams. Is that an ok set-up to start with.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:32 pm

Ok fist of all , you gotta get fit , luckfully most of the people on our team play football , great work out , unfortunatley I don't but we all lift weights , also great training other than that , thats it .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:09 am

Eating right, staying hydrated. Anything you would do for another sport
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:40 pm

Join a proper airsofting site with your team. Makes more sense that way. You'll have more fun
Back to top Go down
socal46
Corporal
Corporal
socal46

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 4:23 pm

im doin something like that 2 im having a team of 8 and were younger this is what i did as far as grouping. i did 2 teams a firing sqaud of 5 consisting of 2 support gunners and 3 riflemen and a recon team with 2 snipers and 1 spotter i think it works great. u should consider it
Back to top Go down
http://scar.aforumfree.com/forum.htm
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:56 pm

I like his grouping .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:08 pm

ya seems nice with our new team we are going to mostly wait and see what they are best at and see what they like and we have already put most of the guys in 3 squads but from there they may be switched around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
socal46
Corporal
Corporal
socal46

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:00 pm

by the way what guns do they have and equipment
Back to top Go down
http://scar.aforumfree.com/forum.htm
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:18 pm

My squads are variable depending on the situation because sometimes we need different things.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:28 pm

why 1 spotter and 2 snipers?
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:36 am

Most likly because one sniper works better alone and the spotter is still in training so he may wait untill they train that spotter before getting another.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:52 am

only advice i can give is make sure u have a sloid rank system, with no field leader nothing will get done . you need a clear chain of command.
Back to top Go down
connor baker
Private
Private
connor baker

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:47 am

no offence to slobb 212 but wouldnt it make more sence to have a sort of council than a lear?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:54 am

Quote :
no offence to slobb 212 but wouldnt it make more sence to have a sort of council than a lear?

No offence taken, and you are correct, a council is needed, but like every council there is always one Head. The Command Hub, should be adjusted with the size of the Team, the larger the Team the Larger the council and vica versa. It should also be uneven numbered, 3.5.7.....,
this will ensure that all decisions concerning Team Direction, Members will never be settled with a Tie Vote-
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:30 am

i agree with slob's first post. And i think i might use the team party idea. Get the team motivated for the rest of the next year. Slob what would you suggest dues to be though? i mean i'm the oldest in my team the rest are 13-14 so i need a due that is reasonable. I've tried it and some paid the dues and the rest didn't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Honestly since theirs 8 of you I would say split it up into 3 teams

3=alpha (close quarters/ infantry most of the )
3=bravo (like whatever infantry you guys got )
2=echo (sniper team sniper and spotter)

Most of the time 4 squads of two just won't do it you want to stick together in case one squad gets into a fire fight you can have more people to cover that squad have alpha or bravo move up to scout out the area 100ft or so behind have alpha or bravo (which ever squad you didn't choose to move up to scout) move up to give any cover and have the snipers spotting out giving intl on what the enemy is doing

Don't have a sniper for a leader thats a No No just for the fact he/she might see all the field but he doesn't know what exactly is going on where the team is battling

ways to come up with leaders are split the team in two have a small game see who take leadership the most often and who thinks things through before he gives orders, most likely everybody will try and take that role so you have to get them tired of it play like 15 games whoever took lead as much as he/her could make them the leader

this was all a suggestion if you want it take it if not then I can't do anything.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:34 am

We run it like speedball spread for the field 100 ft field 10 ft. spread and for larger fields we find hotspots and group players there for example. Speds field is 600 ft across thats a 60 ft spread lol but most of the fighting happens in about a 100 ft. ally right side. In those situations we spring into sqaud action. Two DMs in the rear set up in cover, the gunner moves center of action, and rifleman spread as needed to eliminate our adversarys. Also depending on whether im sniping or not depends on if a light rifleman charges quicky up the field to squish the enemy sqaud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a team   Help with starting a team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with starting a team
Page 1 of 1