Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

real suppressor

Go down 
+6
LaserSailorRy
TheJim
kkoerber
Sniper004
slob212
Jman
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:05 am

Ok does anyone know how to make a real suppressor that works. I have a general idea study but does anyone know of a way that it will work for sure.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:48 am

What in the world would you need a ``Real suppressor 创 for in AirSoft ?? Never mind that owning one is against the law in almost every state, unless you have the correct licence.
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:54 am

uh, i make a small tube with holes in on then put a big tube around it and stuff the space between pips with cotton or fluff of some sort in it the tape her up and mount her to the gun.. PM if it doesnt make sence
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:59 am

supressers are only illigal for real guns but not for airsoft guns. i have made a few and have had success. i used cotton and a two pices of PVC one needs to fit inside the other very loosly. i drilled a bunch of holes in both pices of PVC. and then raped the inner one with cotton and inserted it into the bigger pice of PVC and secured it. then all you have to do is fasten it to your berrel.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:41 pm

I don't have to do any faffing around since supressors that work are legal over here Very Happy

And koerber you RAPED it?! lol

wrapped? Razz

Jim
Back to top Go down
LaserSailorRy
Private
Private

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Beware a silencer for an airsoft gun IS illegal without the proper liscense.

Contrary to popular belief, removable Silencer / Moderator / Sound Suppressors are legal to own under federal law. There are, however, 16 states, plus the District of Columbia , that prohibit the civilian ownership of removable Silencer / Moderator / Sound Suppressors. At this time, the following states allow private ownership of removable Silencer / Moderator / Sound Suppressors: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD,MS, MT, ND, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA,WV, WI, and WY. Of the sixteen states which do not allow civilian ownership, CA, IA, KS, MA, MO, and MI allow class 3 dealers and class two manufacturers to possess removable Silencer / Moderator / Sound Suppressors.

Removable Silencer / Moderator / Sound Suppressors, like machine-guns, are proscribed under the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934, and are regulated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. The procedure for owning a removable Silencer / Moderator / Sound Suppressors may seem daunting at first, but actually requires less paperwork than buying an automobile. The buyer then has the chief law enforcement officer (Sheriff, Chief of Police, head of state police agency, district attorney, a judge with the power of arrest, or any other law enforcement officer approved for this procedure by the National Firearms Act branch of the BATF) sign the rear of the Form 4 attesting the prospective purchaser does not possess a criminal record and is not wanted. The two fingerprint cards must be completed and signed by a law enforcement agency. The completed paperwork is then sent to the Department of the Treasury with a check or money order for $200.00. The $200.00 is known as a transfer tax, as it must be paid each time ownership of the removable Silencer / Moderator / Sound Suppressors is "transferred" (in this case, the dealer to the prospective purchaser). As long as the silencer is owned by the same person, the tax need not be paid again. Only if the owner sells it will a new transfer tax need to be paid. An owner may will his silencer to a lawful heir, with no tax incurred.

Once the paper work is submitted, it normally takes less than sixty days to receive the approved, stamped paperwork from NFA Branch. It is only upon the return of the approved paperwork that the dealer can allow the prospective purchaser to take possession of his new silencer. A copy of the approved paperwork must accompany the silencer at all times (the original should be stored in a safe deposit box). Removable Silencer / Moderator / Sound Suppressors can be transported to other states which allow their ownership, but to transport a removable Silencer / Moderator / Sound Suppressors into one of the sixteen states which prohibit private ownership can subject the owner to serious state felony charges.

This is of course the law as it relates to real steel, however you should be aware that the line between firearm and airsoft gun is ambigous at best in most states. In many any device that expells a projectile, by compressed gas, explosive force, mechanical action or any other means is considered a firearm. In order to determine the legality of a supressor in your state you NEED to ask a lawyer. I suggest asking, the local DA as he/she will be best equipped to help you sort through the legal matters at hand.

Whatever you do, do not just trust "forum lawyers" getting caught with an illegal supressor, airsoft or not can result in serious jail time. Is it worth it for a game?

That said, a silencer is a pretty simple device. All the sound (besides mechanical sound) comes from the escaping gasses as they leave the barrel. What you must do is trap these gasses in an enviroment that will allow them to expand without making too much noise. A silencer for airsoft can be as simple as an inner area where the ball passes through. This inner area is bored with several holes which lead to an outter area which contains sound dampining materials. With the low noise and slow moving gasses used in airsoft all you have to do is make an inner piece (1/2 inch pvc should do) and an outter (2 inch pvc sounds about right). Drill holes in the inner barrel and mount it inside the outter housing. once centered and mounted fill the space between with cotton (not too tight, not too loose) and seal 'er up. Mount it to the barrel and walla! Now all you have to do is shut up the internals which are way louder than the report from the gasses.
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:08 pm

what about Illinois (IL)
and a very long second and imforitive post thankyou LaserSailorRy

Last edited by Jman on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a word)
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:17 pm

Illinois was not on the list so I'm guessing its illegal, this really isn't my specialty since I'm only a sophomore(highskool not big kids skool). I can tell you that you can thank the south(north side too but the south won) side chicago gang for most of the above rules.

Thanks LSR thats some really good info. I wanted a suppressor awhile back for a RS project gun, but the costs steered me away(among other things). I'm surprised to see its relatively cheap to get the license. I know that suppressors run upwards of a grand, but I never knew about the actual license.

sticks
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:25 pm

you are missing the point it is for an airsoft gun and it would not even work on a real gun. you are taking this too seriously. its not like it is actually for a real gun. so seriously i think that no one would care if you make one for a gun that has an orange tip on it (the orange tip proves that it is not a weapon that can cause harm to anyone). There for i don't think that the GOVERNMENT or POLICE would have any problems making just a little plastic or aluminum suppressor/resonator.

IT WIULD NOT WORK ON A REAL GUN!!!
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:02 pm

kkoerber,

as far as the orange tip goes, my friend was shot because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was shot with a real gun that had an orange tip on it. Its been awhile since the shooting. Luckily the news crews didn't get the call. I also know a 11yr Columbus PD vet. He says that they are trained to treat everything like it is a weapon no matter what color it is.

About the supressor, LSR is right. Check up with the local laws before you make one. Is it highly unlikely that it is illegal, but you better be safe then sorry. I'm on hold with the local info operator right now to see what department I need to talk to. My best guess is that I'm safe but no need to jump the gun Smile.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:19 am

well i also live out in the middle of noware. The cops go 80 in 55s and there is a ton of hunting around ware i live so i should be fine. If i make one like kkoerber said put an ornge tip on it and i should be fine. The gangs around me ride bikes and trow rocks at cars Sleep and wont come near my house (mabby its because i polish a shotgun in my front yard Twisted Evil

i live on a 7 acer yard lots of room to snipe to
Back to top Go down
LaserSailorRy
Private
Private

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:29 am

Actually you NEED to be aware. Just saying it would not work on a real gun does not make it okay. Law Enforcement will not care if it's just a toy gun, you could be persecuted anyway. I have 4 years of law enforcement experence. I know what I'm talking about.

The following is CA state law (my state) your state laws may differ

Penal Code Section 12520
"Any person, firm, or corperation who within this state possesses a silencer is gulty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison or by a fine not to exceed ten thousand dollars or both."

Seems pretty clear that in CA, NO SILENCERS. The law does not specify if this applies to real steal only, therefor it applies to "BB devices" as defines by penal code section 12001 as well as real steel. Airsoft guns fall into the "BB devices" catagory.

Edit: (upon further reflection)
This is of course for real silencers, mock supressors are just fine. Besides why would you need a real one anyway, the noise from the gearbox of an AEG is way louder than the pop of air coming out of the barrel. Figure out how to silence the motor and you will have silenced the gun in a legal manner.
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:38 am

it is for a bar 10 which is preaty quite but i seen some even more then mine and who said it be out of steel i can make it out of plastic and ruber which does work used it on my pellet gun

Last edited by Jman on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for got a questionn)
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:54 am

First I have to thank LaserSailorRy for the great Post, Super information; Great work !!!

Now let me be the stick in the mud, as in most states when it comes to Weapons of firearms, the fine legal line between a Toy, and what is considered a weapon is really thin, and when it comes down to going to Court over an airsoft gun, chances are you are going to lose, thats just the sad reality of it.

If you get popped by the Police, and for what ever reason he/she decides to confiscate your gun, files a report, and you have to go to court, depending on the state, the very first question that is going to be asked is, `` Is this weapon capable of causing bodily harm ?创.
The answer is `` You betcha, Dude, Judge !创. Now your up the creek without a paddle
Shocked .

As stated in the above Posts, the best thing that you can do is consult a Lawyer, talk with the local Law enforcement, inform the local Law, of any games that you have planned, ( Where, When, How many Players ) this will give the Police a Heads up, and hopfully stop an accidental shooting. It also shows the Local Law and surrounding Community that you are resposible, and Mature Players, goes a long way to improving how Airsoft is seen in the Eyes of the unknowing.

Now we come to the loop holes in the Law, loop holes work both ways, they can keep you out of trouble, and they can burn you really bad if you are not careful. I am originaly from the east coast so lets take, N.H and M.A as examples, in N.H., at the age of 14 you can buy a rifle and own it, but until you complete the Hunters/Rifle Saftey course you can磘 use the darn thing( Loop Hole against you, and very few people will tell you about it ). In M.A. to buy anything that has to do with weapons that shoot a projectile either by the use of mechanical, gas, or explosive means you have to have the correct license. Age dosn磘 matter ! This includes, Pellets, BB碨, CO2 Capsules and so on.

Of the states that allow the `` Ownership创 of Suppresors, AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD,MS, MT, ND, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA,WV, WI, and WY. How many allow the ``USE创 ?

I know it sounds dumb, but most of the laws that deal with exotic, Weapons, Parts , were set up with Collectors in mind, Airsoft never came into mind or was not even around when the Laws were written.
I can tell you that in FL, owning one is allowed, but the USE is a Felony, ( Relative is a former Dade County Sheriff), to make it even more tricky they have included `` One Shot Silencers创 so a Airsoft Silencer can fall under these laws.

Again, all I can say is, Hunt down the Correct Information, Talk to the Local Law, inform the community, if it should ever come down to 6mm Bio/Plastic versus 9mm Lead, you will lose, and nobody wants that.
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:56 pm

RasersailorRy said Penal Code Section 12520
"Any person, firm, or corperation who within this state possesses a silencer is
gulty [color=red]of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison or by a fine not to exceed ten thousand dollars or both."

I can tell u made parts of this up because u spelled guilty wrong.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:38 pm

Lol it was a typo, besides you spelled 'you' wrong...

He just missed the 'i', if he was typing on a mac its actually really easy.

Please don't Necropost if you see something like this again, just PM one of the mods/ADMIN.

thanks

sticks
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:39 am

I am just used to spelling you as u from texting
Back to top Go down
l96sniper360
Private
Private
l96sniper360

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:21 pm

i think you all should settle down on the supresser thing, i just read all your posts and its hurting my head Mad
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:54 am

I think they dropped it already, L96, the last post was on the 3rd. Smile

That said, I'd like to point out to Elementfrvr that LaserSailorRy quoted the CA penal code word for word. If you'd like to check:

CA Penal Code

Very Happy Its good to be a future law major.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
Sponsored content

real suppressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: real suppressor   real suppressor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

real suppressor
Page 1 of 1