Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Why I play airsoft...

Go down 
+2
Seabass_9000
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Why I play airsoft... Empty
PostSubject: Why I play airsoft...   Why I play airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Maybe I'm alone in this, but from time to time I'll be at some sort of function (party, reunion, etc.) and my involvement in airsoft will become a topic that's brought up in conversations. These conversations will be held with people who don't necessarily know anything about airsoft, and they're basing their opinion of the sport off the negative reports on the news, the springers they see in places like W*Mart, and/or their childhood days of "cowboys and Indians." I couldn't count how many times my hobby has been wrongfully called "cowboys and Indians." The best thing I can do is just smile, politely say it's a lot different than our childhood games, and unless they ask for more information, move on to a new subject. But sometimes people want to know why I would get involved in such a "silly" game. Here's what I tell them. Let me know if you guys get the same feedback from people you speak with about airsoft, and what you say to them. Thanks!

1. Workout
Airsoft can be a real workout. Running through woodlands. Crawling through brush. Heart-pumping hard and adrenaline rushing through your veins. Airsoft is a great chance to get outdoors while getting a great workout.

2. Law-enforcement/Military training

Airsoft is often used to train our country's finest! From local police to our men and women in the armed forces, airsoft is used to give them some experience in a live gunfight, without the danger.

3. Time to spend hanging with friends
Airsoft is also a great chance to hang out with friends, and build teamwork.

4. Great chance to meet new people
I can't count how many friends I've made through attending airsoft events, joining online forums like this one, and talking to users of my website (www.theairsoftsniper.com).

5. Airsoft is a hobby, just like any other
Hobbies are great to have. They give us a chance to relieve our stress, show others what we're made of, give us something to work towards and be proud of, give us a break from reality, and it's something we can share with others.

6. And finally, a response to the typical "Why don't you just join the army?" response
I have to say, I cannot stand this response! It's a very weak comment, and one that sort of gets under my skin at times. Let's see, what's the difference between being shipped off, giving away 2+ years of your life, leaving your friends and family, and possibly being killed in live combat, and playing an organized game of airsoft where you can choose when you play, you're firing 6mm plastic BBs, and all the while doing it with a smile on your face (most of the time lol)? There's a huge difference. I am SO very grateful for those willing to serve in our armed forces, and I love every one of them, but it's just simply not meant for some people. So why not get some of the adrenaline rush and strategy-based combat you can get from real combat without the commitment, sacrifice, and danger the armed forces offers?

Okay, so those are just a few of my typical responses. Let's see what you have to say!

Last edited by Admin on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Why I play airsoft...   Why I play airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:26 pm

When somebody voices their opinion in a negative mannor, I just simply say,"Its fun, and I dont care what you think", but then again... I dont really have much of a social life and have never really cared what anybody thought of me. Very Happy

Actually when people ask why I like it, I just tell them its like paintball except more realistic... once they see my arsenal and shoot the replica's, they seem to understand a little better why it would be fun. I think my cousin is a good example of this. He didnt even know what it was until I explained it... then he shot the CA36c and said, "wow thats accurate." He wants to try playing in a game now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Why I play airsoft...   Why I play airsoft... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:13 am

I think it goes without saying that playing airsoft is not mocking our heroes whether they are currently serving or veterans. I hate getting the, "Why don't you just join the army if you like shooting and actually do something!" That actually both ticks me off and offends me. I don't play airsoft because I want to somehow make fun of our men and women in service. I play airsoft becuase it is fun for me and a hobby... I mean if you are going to say this about a physical activity, why not say it about the masses of people who play war based shooter games such as oh mabye Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
I am sure these people aren't making fun of those who have sacraficed themselves to secure their freedom.
All around good short essay you got there ADMIN... It shouldn't need said, but sadly enough I think it does.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Dark Knight
Corporal
Corporal
Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: Why I play airsoft...   Why I play airsoft... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:44 pm

The Army didn't want me my (7 inch scar on my Knee).

Plus i spend hundreds of dollars on real guns, these are more fun to shoot.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Why I play airsoft...   Why I play airsoft... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:29 pm

That is another good point...

A lot of people buy guns that they just shoot targets with (myself included). Whats more fun, shooting at a 2 liter pepsi bottle or your friends? Very Happy

I have a feeling the Army would take me, but I dont want them to right now. I am not a fan of Desert climates. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Why I play airsoft...   Why I play airsoft... Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:25 pm

i get that crap alot, to most people dont understand the genuine feeling of enoyment and passion i get out of playing airsoft. they contest that its useless and a waste of money but isnt any human endever?? i think its a sport clear cut, lets face it, if golf is a sport this is cmon!! theres this one kid that is like the star football player of my school and i swear it makes his day to make fun of me and airsoft (im like the airsoft guru of my school) and i just say atleast im not on a feild, fondling other men..

Evil or Very Mad jerks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Why I play airsoft...   Why I play airsoft... Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:32 pm

I play it for the rush and the fun of the games we used to play when we were little kids but what I hate is whenever people say you can kill somebody or thats dangerous or after saying how much I like this sport saying it should be illegal .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I play airsoft...   Why I play airsoft... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I play airsoft...
Page 1 of 1