Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

longer inner barrel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
N.O.Saints
Private
Private

longer inner barrel Empty
PostSubject: longer inner barrel   longer inner barrel Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:51 pm

I was thinking about getting a longer inner barrel for my gun, and I was just wondering if that would effect the fps, and if it would make my gun more accurate?
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: longer inner barrel   longer inner barrel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:00 am

What gun are you talking about? When you start a post please include all the information needed so we can help you.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
N.O.Saints
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: longer inner barrel   longer inner barrel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:57 am

I have a CA SCAR-L upgraded to shoot around 390 fps.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: longer inner barrel   longer inner barrel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:25 am

I have the same gun, and because of playing field restrictions I run it at 400 FPS.

My recommendation to you ( N.O. Saints ) stay with the same barrel length !

Following reasons, The SCAR it a offensive rifle, when you start playing around with the barrel lenght you really mess with the overall looks of the gun, it looks strange enough as is, it dosnīt need any help.

Second, as I am sure you are aware, dissasembly of the SCAR is no walk in the park, Removal of the GB is enough to scare most players away from purchasing this gun, never mind attempting to tune it. If you install a longer Barrel, what are your Plans for an outter barrel, up until now I have not found one on the market that will fit the Upper Receiver without major modification work.

If you are thinking about extending the barrel lenght for a Silencer, Privat Parts makes a great one for the SCAR ( I use it and am really happy with the results ).

To improve your accuracy, I would reccomend installing a Harder HOP-UP rubber, and Nubbing, a good Tuning barrel, an increase your BB weight. Mine is currently disassembled for maintainence, it should be back together on the weekend, with a little luck I will have some Pics up by Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: longer inner barrel   longer inner barrel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:07 am

be carreful extending your barrel lenght, if its to long there will be a suction affect inside the barrel which will severely decrease ur fps, so if u do get a barrel wich is alot longer, ull have to buy a bore up kit or a better spring.. good luck
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: longer inner barrel   longer inner barrel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:57 pm

In airsoft, barrel length has an almost completely negligible effect on accuraccy. It's more to do with the quality of hop up, bucking and barrel tightness and stability.

Jim
Back to top Go down
N.O.Saints
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: longer inner barrel   longer inner barrel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Thank you guys for all the advice, and to Slob I am thinking about extending the barrel length for a silencer. If you could post a link to the silencer you are talking about that would be great. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: longer inner barrel   longer inner barrel Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:11 am

@ Sniper004,

Barrel Suck only becomes a problem for systems that are set up for High Speed Shooting with barrels that are way to long, an example would be a G3, set up with HS gears and Motor, running on a 10,8 V battery, when you start achieving 30+ shots in the second, back suction becomes an issue.

Here are some links for the Silencer,

http://www.kastwayairsoft.com/Products/Private-Parts-AAC-SCAR-SD-Mock-Silencer-and-Flash-Hider__PPA002.aspx
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=1185
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=23098

If you also look under Redwolf Airsoft, they offer some other nice models.
Back to top Go down
N.O.Saints
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: longer inner barrel   longer inner barrel Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:53 pm

thank you
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: longer inner barrel   longer inner barrel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:55 pm

No Problem,
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: longer inner barrel   longer inner barrel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

longer inner barrel
Page 1 of 1